• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 - Creating the Coldheart Exotic Trace Rifle | IGN First

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLFmeNTDKBc

Obligatory Pre-order trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2Id0THKxk

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07...-coldheart-exotic-trace-rifle-ign-first?watch

Destiny 2's Coldheart, from the Omolon foundry, is the first exotic trace rifle in the game. It will begin as a pre-order incentive, but should become obtainable for all players after December 5th, 2017.

While it builds the lore of the Omolon foundry, Coldheart also expands the types of weapons you're able to acquire in the world of Destiny. While the recoil is high, the longer you're able to hold Coldheart onto a target, the amount of damage it causes will increase over time. To achieve the technical aspects of a straight line weapon in the world the team also developed some new technology behind the scenes to ensure it functioned properly. Jon Weisnewski of Bungie did say that the team is trying more interesting player experiences with exotics and all weapons in Destiny 2 moving forward. We'll have to wait and see how damaging the new tech will be to our enemies.

RETURN OF THE SENTINEL BEAM!

EL CUCO

"People are going to love it because it takes skill to master"

Can't wait to see it get nerfed once people master it 😩

KOHIPEET

Quake-III-Arena-Lightning-Gun-Paper-Model.jpg

Djostikk

"People are going to love it because it takes skill to master"

Can't wait to see it get nerfed once people master it 😩

We all live in a nerf plz world now. Remember times when games had powerful weapons and people just had fun toying with them?

The gun looks great, and the function seems rad as heck, but then I watched the pre-order trailer.

I'm assuming it was a different team that put together that abysmal pre-order trailer.

Tawpgun

That's 3 months man. Basically you're not gonna have it for all of the progression through the initial PvE content, raid included.
You're not gonna have every exotic in the game 3 months in. At least I hope not.

Some people will have it.
Some people won't.

Just like some people had Gjallahorn. Some people did not.

It doesn't even look that godly of a weapon.

That's 3 months man. Basically you're not gonna have it for all of the progression through the initial PvE content, raid included.

That's if you buy the game at launch or the day after ( at retail anyway) -- as far as waiting three months without it is concerned.

Usually you have a few days or a week when you buy it digitally through the Xbox store to cash in on pre order bonuses. Not sure about PSN

Trace

Banned
So is this a primary or a heavy?

Also they didn't seek my permission before naming a gun class after me. I'm suing.

from the PSN Store page...

Pre-Order Destiny 2 and get:
- Coldheart Exotic Rifle*
- Kill-Tracker Ghost
- Salute Emote

*Coldheart, Kill-Tracker Ghost, and Salute Emote available starting 09.06.17.

Coldheart, Kill-Tracker Ghost, and Salute Emote can also be attained through gameplay starting on 12.05.17

Truant

Not feeling the weapon designs post TTK. They look so average now. Some of the regular shit-tier items in vanilla had a lot of personality and felt very "Destiny" like.

elohel

Has any company actually opened up and asked what people would want out of pre orders? maybe that would ease a lot of the tension that seems to happen around pre orders

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So it's a Sentinel Beam that looks like a Rail Gun?

Well, I'll take all the Halo nods I can get.

EDIT: And it's damage rate is like an inverse Plasma Repeater.

ACR0019

Not feeling the weapon designs post TTK. They look so average now. Some of the regular shit-tier items in vanilla had a lot of personality and felt very "Destiny" like.

Some of the artists who worked on the original exotic designs aren't at Bungie anymore.

Although im pre-ordering, I can't help but think there could be more of these beam rifles had this timed exclusivity not exist to make the gun feel more special.

Also I wouldnt be surprised if the first DLC launched Dec 5th, and introduced legendary types of this gun type.

Whew! It's a good thing they have this gun as a pre order incentive. Game would have definitely bombed otherwise trying to stand on it's own without it.

E92 M3

The writer said that the Guardians created this to defend the city.

She knows the City is gone, right.

How do you know it's gone?

We all live in a nerf plz world now. Remember times when games had powerful weapons and people just had fun toying with them?

Indeed, people cry for nerfs the moment they lose. Patch notes for most games are just nerfs. I love Titanfall 2, but Respawn nerfed a lot of stuff.

MechDX

Of its anything like the Suros gun pack you fot for pre ordering TTK it will be freaking useless from the start

Hm... Seems like a "cool" weapon that I would use for a bit before swapping it out. I'm assuming there will be other "Trace" rifles in the game right? That seems like a neat new addition.

BlakeofT

Bungie loves making unique fusion rifles.

Vex Mythoclast, Queenbreaker Bow, Sleeper Simulant and now Cold Heart are all very different from a typical fusion rifle.

I wonder if there will ever be a fusion rifle that behaves like a rocket launcher :p

Hm... Seems like a "cool" weapon that I would use for a bit before swapping it out. I'm assuming there will be other "Trace" rifles in the game right? That seems like a neat new addition.

There aren't any other Trace Rifles in the game.

That preorder trailer made me smile lol was not expecting that.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
They gave harpies and minatours beam weapons so not surprised guardians are getting them too.

Top Bottom