• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Alex said:
Wow, nice Paladin armor, it's been awhile since anyone has said that

Death Knight looks great too, in my opinion.

Rogue loses. Reminds me of T4.

Death Knight isn't bad, I'm just not feeling it right now (maybe I will like it better on other races). Rogue is super bland though - no sidestepping that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Death Knight is giving off Final Fantasy vibes or something. Not sure it fits the WoW style. And I already feel bad for mages.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I like the hunter just because it makes it look like you have a different face and the detail will be high enough to be better than your real face. lul.

traveler

Not Wario
Paladin seems to be the clear winner here. I don't think any of them look bad- aside from the mage helm- but the pieces outside the helms don't seem very distinctive. No warlock preview yet though, so I don't really care.

Alex

If they'd take those green crystals off of Rogue it'd probably look a lot better... Why would you put sea-green crystals on like burgundy and black Rogue armor?

I really like the horns on the Hunter armor, but the Major Domo face or w/e is weirdin' me out!

Ferrio

Banned
Freyjadour said:
Race dependent I guess.

I haven't seen a set come remotely close to Bloodfang despite some neat ideas here and there.

I *hated* bloodfang. Liked tier 1 so much better. Reason I like 9 is it isn't all extreme. It's simple, looks really nice on my character, and doesn't have tons of skulls and bullshit attached to it. Same reason I like tier 1.

The rogue set is way too bulky for my liking. Aren't rogues supposed to be quick and sneaky? Good luck in that outfit lol. It's totally unbecoming of a rogue. Massive shoulders, and big leg and arm cuffs...

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Picked up Cataclysm and the other expansions two days ago. About 99% sure this game has ensnared me despite my initial insistence that I was only playing until the next big game release

Holy shit at the Goblin story. I kind of want them to develop a spin off Goblin RPG now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it just me, or is the ingame music getting very repetitive since the patch?

I know some people might say "i listen to my own music", but i dont care!

I'm just wondering if people who also listen to ingame music noticed this too.

I swear, everytime i get out of a building in SW, that "epic" music keep starting from the beginning instead of continuing in the background while inside a building or starting a new one.

I don't usually turn off ingame music, but it's getting annoying lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Is it just me, or is the ingame music getting very repetitive since the patch?

I know some people might say "i listen to my own music", but i dont care!

I'm just wondering if people who also listen to ingame music noticed this too.

I swear, everytime i get out of a building in SW, that "epic" music keep starting from the beginning instead of continuing in the background while inside a building or starting a new one.

I don't usually turn off ingame music, but it's getting annoying lol.
I don't remember what it was like before the patch, but everytime I exit a building it starts at the beginning unlike the inside music.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, that's what im talking about, i've been playing this game for years and its the first time i notice this being so bad, i get annoyed of hearing the same thing everytime i leave a building, it lost its "epicness". Leaving a building in SW isn't that epic lol.

Xiaoki

DK tier 12 might look good with a much better color scheme.
The set shown ....pink, green and purple?! Is the art team at Blizzard color blind or something?

The Priest set went from bird baths on shoulders to head in a toilet. Wonderful designs Blizzard, simply wonderful.

Manus

Xiaoki said:
DK tier 12 might look good with a much better color scheme.
The set shown ....pink, green and purple?! Is the art team at Blizzard color blind or something?

The Priest set went from bird baths on shoulders to head in a toilet. Wonderful designs Blizzard, simply wonderful.

I quite like all the designs they showed so far for tier 12.

Ferrio said:
I *hated* bloodfang. Liked tier 1 so much better. Reason I like 9 is it isn't all extreme. It's simple, looks really nice on my character, and doesn't have tons of skulls and bullshit attached to it. Same reason I like tier 1.

Really liked the boob shoulders? Nightslayer had some decent color going on, but the shoulders were just hilarious.

There have been good "minimalist" tier sets, but T9 (and this) isn't one of them. Original T3 was a good one.

Alex

I always liked T5 best for Rogue... hell, for half the classes. Priest, Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, love all those sets.

Hunter and Druid T5 weren't bad, just not anything great. I even kind of liked Paladin's T5, it was nice and simple and just looked pleasant enough... provided your character is female. If you were male, well, at least it wasn't as bad the ol' Orc Male in a Mooncloth Robe like from classic or Warlock T2.5 (which also looked decent on females and hilarious on males)

While T12 looks like it's turning out better than some of the past sets so far, they need to go back to class themes and not environmental ones. I'd accept just being able to dye shit though. If I could just be one proper color scheme I'd always be pleased enough.

Alex said:
While T12 looks like it's turning out better than some of the past sets so far, they need to go back to class themes and not environmental ones. I'd accept just being able to dye shit though. If I could just be one proper color scheme I'd always be pleased enough.

Never gonna happen with Heroic iLvl = specific color, unfortunately.

Miletius

Alex said:
I always liked T5 best for Rogue... hell, for half the classes. Priest, Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, love all those sets.

Hunter and Druid T5 weren't bad, just not anything great. I even kind of liked Paladin's T5, it was nice and simple and just looked pleasant enough... provided your character is female. If you were male, well, at least it wasn't as bad the ol' Orc Male in a Mooncloth Robe like from classic or Warlock T2.5 (which also looked decent on females and hilarious on males)

I've never been disappointed in a Warlock set, and I don't expect to start now. I still have my t6 + Zhardoom to pull out when I want to look my Sunday best.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Freyjadour said:
Never gonna happen with Heroic iLvl = specific color, unfortunately.
You should have the option to display all your items as one color if you have 3/5 of the set; it's really annoying having two blue items and three orange.

Angry Grimace said:
You should have the option to display all your items as one color if you have 3/5 of the set; it's really annoying having two blue items and three orange.

Naw, if you can't kill the bosses to get them you shouldn't look like you can. Maybe as a reward for clearing a tier you get that option for mix/maxing people.

inb4 cries about random loot

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
cuevas said:
Naw, if you can't kill the bosses to get them you shouldn't look like you can. Maybe as a reward for clearing a tier you get that option for mix/maxing people.

inb4 cries about random loot
No offense, but that's a pretty silly argument; you're hardly "not hardcore enough" if you managed to scrape up 3/5 heroic loot anyways.

Angry Grimace said:
No offense, but that's a pretty silly argument; you're hardly "not hardcore enough" if you managed to scrape up 3/5 heroic loot anyways.

It is not silly at all. There are plenty of guilds that get to around 6-8 heroic in this tier and get stuck because of the ramp up in difficulty of the encounters. Just because they are "hardcore" and raid for tons of hours doesn't mean they are any good.

Alex

It's ridiculous that a color palette swap is a reward for killing heroic bosses. Just beyond stupid. I dont give a damn how h4rdc0r3 you are, I just want things to match! They should let people dye stuff then just add on another bit of detail and design to the heroic tier. But that'd require work, so fuck that.

"Here's your reward for killing your first couple heroic bosses; you now look like a walking pile of garbage!" Not that it matters, for most of us we still have to wear belts, boots, etc matched to other peoples tier gear. =/

Whoever makes decisions concerning this stuff at Blizzard needs to be hit with a shovel. For a company with as much (ill-received, IMO) praise on their artists this is a pretty ridiculous thing to have to even be discussing. I feel sorry for their environment artists, as those usually look great, Wraths were especially stunning... until you get the gaggle of mismatched circus clowns roaming them.

Although, I do feel that the leveling gear is often far better looking than the end game armor nowadays anyway. It usually actually looks like, yknow, armor and clothing as opposed to failed super hero attire.

I made a post about that before. Cheaply crafted Obsidium Executioner >>> pink and purple and orange Cho'gall axe-like-thing.

Tamanon

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Hellfire Peninsula attire:

NEVER FORGET

It's a little annoying that the heirlooms have eliminated a lot of the rite of passage that comes from getting to Northrend looking like an absolue clown.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All armor dying eventually leads to here:
0c7f7236bcdc437d50e133bb6b7b7c050f2945d0.jpg

Alex

If I want to be pissed off at a pink and orange axe, by god I will be pissed off!

All armor dying eventually leads to here:

All their armor creation is probably done through an editor that they "dye" it themselves in anyway, which is why everything in the game is datamined with 5-6+ versions of everything from armor to mounts that are never used. They just like to pick ones that are hot pink and yellow instead of say, midnight blue and white.

They wont put it in the game though since that would mean they have to work at new ways to show progress in the game instead of just making one guy orange and one guy blue. Just like they wont put in any sort of vanity system allowing you to make use of old armor visuals because they know barely anyone would display any of the new stuff.

Alex said:
They wont put it in the game though since that would mean they have to work at new ways to show progress in the game instead of just making one guy orange and one guy blue. Just like they wont put in any sort of vanity system allowing you to make use of old armor visuals because they know barely anyone would display any of the old stuff.

Yep.

Duki

Banned
when 4.2 hits are the items that now cost valor points going to cost justice points instead, or will valor points start being dropped by heroic dungeons and a new point will be put in for raid stuff?

finally got 2200 jp and dont know whether to go for heirlooms or gear :(

Tamanon

Banned
Duki said:
when 4.2 hits are the items that now cost valor points going to cost justice points instead, or will valor points start being dropped by heroic dungeons and a new point will be put in for raid stuff?

finally got 2200 jp and dont know whether to go for heirlooms or gear :(

Valor will cost justice, new items will cost valor. And I'm pretty sure all your valor points will convert automatically to prevent hoarding for the new tier. But I could be wrong on that point.

Duki

Banned
so is it worth buying the current JP blues? or should i just hoard for when 4.2 hits.

cos i dunno how far away it is lol

Manus

Duki said:
so is it worth buying the current JP blues? or should i just hoard for when 4.2 hits.

cos i dunno how far away it is lol

Go ahead and buy what you want, the JP cap is 4000 and it's gonna be a couple months before 4.2 is dropped.

glaurung

Is it me or was the game really squirrely last night? EU side.

First the chat window no longer displays the gold that goes into the guild vault by default. Then my pet feeding status icon is no longer displayed. Plus numerous errors about the world server being down.

Anyone else experience that?

Top Bottom