• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Iceblade

Not much has changed with my setup. Everything is still in a tiny room in the basement.

Sony Duo 11 Windows 8 ultrabook/tablet, MacBook Air 13 inch for surfacing the web and headphone listening, MacBook Air 11 inch for downloads.
Not pictured are the handhelds which are behind the Air. There's a Sony PSVita and a Nintendo 3DS XL.

DSCF0316_zpsb619d2ae.jpg

Not to sound rude, but do you have a really expendable income or something? In fact, a lot of people in here seem to have more than one computer/laptop on their desks unnecessarily. I mean, you seriously have a $1000 laptop dedicated just to "downloads" when the other would do just fine? o_O

Krakatoa

How do you like your Ikea entertainment stand?

I have one in black (posted a page back) and I always get compliments on it. Great piece - and cheap!

Yes it's great piece my friends can't believe it's from IKEA :) I guess the only downside for me is that I have to have the door half open when I play my consoles for ventilation.

Shady859

Since I lol at someone now I have to post mine:

Best I could get at night combined with iPhone 4 camera / room lighting.
Old ass pc is for emulators, streaming tv etc and obviously from looking at pics wires don't bother me although that pile on left is 95% headset wires just thrown out of the way. I Gamefly most of my games or buy then sell after done so no big collection. Not pictured iPad mini my precious! :)

Haha, that's not blood, it's rust. That's the dryer, the washing machine is out of frame, and there's also a hot water heater. The only other things in the room are a stack of boxes with the rest of my belongings, and a twin sized bed. The chair is cheap, and has been losing it's vinyl "skin" since about 6 months after I got it.

Also, the particle board on the floor is the actual floor on the left. On the right it's just a big sheet I put down over the actual floor, because it's got some weaks spots. One day I was walking across the floor and fell through. My foot went down about 2 feet down and landed on dirt, leaving a gaping hole in the floor.

Not to sound rude, but do you have a really expendable income or something? In fact, a lot of people in here seem to have more than one computer/laptop on their desks unnecessarily. I mean, you seriously have a $1000 laptop dedicated just to "downloads" when the other would do just fine? o_O

You failed. I got myself a Retina MBP for music, browsing the net, and for work (typing reports when I can't stand my work PC any longer). Chill. People make money and spend it how they want, no one answers to you.

Dave_6

My living room (house was built in '78 so forgive the wood paneling and the door)
122187_full.jpg

Pioneer PDP-6020FD 'KURO' using D-Nice's reference settings
Oppo BDP-83
Playstation 3 Slim 160GB (had an original 60GB but it died, still own it though)
Xbox 360 Slim 250GB (my 3rd 360)
Onkyo TX-SR705
Motorola HR-21 DirecTV HD DVR
Logitech Harmony One
SVS PB-13 Ultra w/ Auralex Great Gramma
Polk Monitor 70's
Polk Monitor 40's (wall mounted)
Polk CS2
Monster Power HTS 2000 Powercenter

One of my spare bedrooms contains my PC and my 'old school' gaming setup with a 27" CRT, SNES, N64 and PS2, all hooked up via S-video as well as a 2.0 stereo/CD setup.

I'm currently wanting to either build my own gaming PC or maybe just buy an Alienware X51 to put in with the living room setup. Never done a build or owned a dedicated gaming PC so I can't decide what to do.

Lazlo

Thanks!

All my flats have been in a block of apartments, so even this sub occassionally roars way too much, can't imagine the bigger would get me evicted I think
Yeah I understand - I've not been able to have a sub on account of living in wood frame buildings.

Running straight from amp preouts to speakers. Have been wondering about running them through the sub, whether it's worth the hassle / amount of cables...?

Well you'll only be able to do 5.1 through the sub and it outputs LFE so you'd need to figure out how to get that into your receiver. Probably not worth the benefits of having matched crossover points handled by the sub.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
My living room (house was built in '78 so forgive the wood paneling and the door)
122187_full.jpg

Oppo BDP-83
Playstation 3 Slim 160GB (had an original 60GB but it died, still own it though)
Onkyo TX-SR705
Logitech Harmony One
Polk Monitor 70's
Polk CS2

One of my spare bedrooms contains my PC and my 'old school' gaming setup with a 27" CRT, SNES, N64 and PS2, all hooked up via S-video as well as a 2.0 stereo/CD setup.

I'm currently wanting to either build my own gaming PC or maybe just buy an Alienware X51 to put in with the living room setup. Never done a build or owned a dedicated gaming PC so I can't decide what to do.

The contrast between the wood panels and the fact that you have a PB-13 ultra is actually kinda funny.... in a weird sorta way. Some really nice equipment there.

Satchel

Banned
Not much has changed in mine.

Added a WiiU and did a bit of rearranging.

temporary-1.jpg

temporary-2.jpg
temporary-3.jpg
temporary-4.jpg

temporary-5.jpg

temporary-6.jpg

temporary-7.jpg

temporary-8.jpg

temporary-9.jpg

temporary-10.jpg

There's a whole other cupboard housing a 60GB Launch PS3, Star Wars 360, Mario Red Wii, PSOne, Pink PSTwo, and a bunch of other stuff. Couldn't be bothered organising a pic.

Iceblade

You failed. I got myself a Retina MBP for music, browsing the net, and for work (typing reports when I can't stand my work PC any longer). Chill. People make money and spend it how they want, no one answers to you.

Erm, how was my post in any way not "chill"? That's why I prefixed it by saying its tone was not intended to be rude, because, you know, it's generally kind of hard to read intonation on the internet? I can't "fail" at my own intonation, mang.

You're right though, no one answers to me--my question was merely insinuated out of curiosity. But since you decided to answer to me anyway--and in a rather defensive demeanour at that (as well as reading my post as hostile when it clearly wasn't) I can only suppose that you're better off asking yourself the same question rather than I.

Coolwhip

Banned
Erm, how was my post in any way not "chill"? That's why I prefixed it by saying its tone was not intended to be rude, because, you know, it's generally kind of hard to read intonation on the internet? I can't "fail" at my own intonation, mang.

You're right though, no one answers to me--my question was merely insinuated out of curiosity. But since you decided to answer to me anyway--and in a rather defensive demeanour at that (as well as reading my post as hostile when it clearly wasn't) I can only suppose that you're better off asking yourself the same question rather than I.

If you have a job, a small appartment and no kids, you can spend a lot of money on tech.

dyergram

122187_full.jpg

Oppo BDP-83
Onkyo TX-SR705
Logitech Harmony One
Polk Monitor 70's
Polk CS2

Build your own bro you will get way more for your money love the wood panelling bro.

dyergram

I haven't posted the ghetto basement in like 3 years because nothing really changed down there.

The last couple months though- I bought a 55 inch tv, got a new reciever, a wii U and one of my uncles was kind enough to store all of his dead animal heads next to my stuff :p

So enjoy what now looks like a redneck ghetto basement :p
IMG_01931_zps6752de7d.jpg
Jesus Christ.

Dr Dogg

I haven't posted the ghetto basement in like 3 years because nothing really changed down there.

The last couple months though- I bought a 55 inch tv, got a new reciever, a wii U and one of my uncles was kind enough to store all of his dead animal heads next to my stuff :p

So enjoy what now looks like a redneck ghetto basement :p
IMG_01931_zps6752de7d.jpg

Hahaha that reminds me of something out of Evil Dead.

Dave_6

Dave_6: I love that....it looks cozy :)

Thanks, it is :) Obviously can't see it in the pic but the room also has a vaulted ceiling that is 11' high.

Ohh a PB-13 ultra...

I'm buying one for my next setup whenever we decide to move...

Oh and thanks for taking the time to list the components of your setup.

No problem. I love the sub and actually want to add a 2nd one. It's a large, open room and that one almost has a hard time in there lol.

Build your own bro you will get way more for your money love the wood panelling bro.

Lol thanks. I've always liked the room plus it has a real wood burning fireplace as well.

I've been browsing the "I need a new PC" on here as well as Newegg trying to decide what I want to build.

LegendX48

Man, some of these setups are straight up jaw dropping lol and on that note, here's my lame setup

I know my TV stand is warped and yes it drives me crazy and I plan on replacing it. Also, my computer case is nothing special and I also plan on replacing it, been eyeing the Corsair 600t and plan on picking one up soonish.

Dereck

motherofgod.gif

Seriously, man, build yourself a NAS. A thousand times easier to deal with, and you get proper data redundancy as well. You could even just rip the drives out of all those casings to use for it.
Please explain these two points further.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
122187_full.jpg

Oppo BDP-83
Onkyo TX-SR705
Logitech Harmony One
Polk Monitor 70's
Polk CS2

Damn you!!!!

Just kidding. I had a 5020FD that broke in a move :(

Anton668

Also, my computer case is nothing special and I also plan on replacing it, been eyeing the Corsair 600t and plan on picking one up soonish.

I have one of them and I like it. But some of the more hardcore ppl say its a piece of shit for the price so take that as you like...

Man, some of these setups are straight up jaw dropping lol and on that note, here's my lame setup

I know my TV stand is warped and yes it drives me crazy and I plan on replacing it. Also, my computer case is nothing special and I also plan on replacing it, been eyeing the Corsair 600t and plan on picking one up soonish.

Get a Bitfenix Shinobi, the only case I would choose over my HAF X. When I built a mates PC I told him to get one, its even sexier in person I was jealous.

Besides getting a Wii U back in November and moving the Wii to my bedroom, not much has changed since my post last year.

Just got a "new" flat screen CRT TV earlier to replace the previous one...just 'cause:

It looks quite nice. A bit nicer than the other one, perhaps. It may just be me, but composite and RF stuff seem to look quite a bit nicer. As does S-video, but that doesn't seem as big a jump, but I haven't really messed with the TV much, since I only got everything hooked up a bit ago. I still need to do some optimizations to the TV's settings. I'll hook up my laptop later and see if I notice any improvements in reading stuff on screen and whatnot.

Oh, and the flat screen makes everything seem a lot larger, but it has the same screen size as the previous one. (Edit: Okay, it turns out my other one was 24 inches, and this new one is 27 inches, so it actually is bigger. Huh.)

P.S. I put on Wonder Boy to make my Master System stand out a bit, because I don't think it was as noticeable before...plus, like...street cred, too. Hah.

Kammie

Some people here are so lucky :(
There's no luck, only hard work! Most of the setups here took people years and I'm sure a lot of sacrifice to put together. Heck, two years later I'm still paying off my TV, and I still have six more payments to go.

Lucent

There's no luck, only hard work! Most of the setups here took people years and I'm sure a lot of sacrifice to put together. Heck, two years later I'm still paying off my TV, and I still have six more payments to go.

Yeah a lot of this stuff looks like it wasn't put together in one day or anything. I'm really envious of a lot of these setups and am having fun just looking at them to give me an idea of how I could make my place look in the future.

Yeah a lot of this stuff looks like it wasn't put together in one day or anything. I'm really envious of a lot of these setups and am having fun just looking at them to give me an idea of how I could make my place look in the future.

It took a couple of years for me to be able to piece together my setup. I finally finished in November after picking up the new tv.

@Fezzan: It's not like we whip out the black card and pick everything up in a day. We plan and execute - (and as Kammie said sometimes sacrifices have to be made).

brainpann

Here is my setup. I live in a small apartment with a sorta funky layout, so I had to figure out what works best for me.

IMG_00102.jpg

My pc is inside the cabinet underneath the TV.
IMG_00103.jpg

The tv is a 42" Bravia that I am very happy with for the price. I ditched my gaming CRT for an XRGB2-plus . If i ever have more space, I may bring it out again.

IMG_00104.jpg

IMG_00105.jpg

IMG_00106.jpg

Thank goodness for Ikea and modular storage! The white boxes are filled with cables, controllers, and other odds and ends including all of my portables and a head mounted display. It was only recently that I was able to bring most of my old systems out of storage. If feels really nice to see them and have easy access to them again. Not out yet is my Virtual Boy, which needs a new set of legs.

Heysoos

http://i5.minus.com/ib1z2GMChLBzA0.JPG[img]

Shitty photo of my gaming PC. Old Dell 2405 on the left, Samsung B970D on the right.[/QUOTE]

Do you by any chance know what desk this is/where you got it? It's almost exactly what I'm looking for right now.

Oh snap I didn't know about this! I'll have to take some pictures and post my set-up in here. I'm not done with it yet(tv is on an entertainment center which the ec is too small for my tv lol and want to wall mount the tv and get a surround sound hook up..but all that in due time). I'll shoot for tomorrow if I have time.

Chairhome

Here is my setup. I live in a small apartment with a sorta funky layout, so I had to figure out what works best for me.

IMG_00102.jpg

My pc is inside the cabinet underneath the TV.
IMG_00103.jpg

The tv is a 42" Bravia that I am very happy with for the price. I ditched my gaming CRT for an XRGB2-plus . If i ever have more space, I may bring it out again.

IMG_00104.jpg

IMG_00105.jpg

IMG_00106.jpg

Thank goodness for Ikea and modular storage! The white boxes are filled with cables, controllers, and other odds and ends including all of my portables and a head mounted display. It was only recently that I was able to bring most of my old systems out of storage. If feels really nice to see them and have easy access to them again. Not out yet is my Virtual Boy, which needs a new set of legs.
I like the way you have your systems set up in the shelves. Do you need to worry about your PC overheating?

Top Bottom