• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crossover Game Between Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco Announced! (3DS, No Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this is gonna blast everyone away. I can feel it.

Hmmm.... 032760.

Shall we analyze with all our might the possible meaning of these numbers?

Oh and by the way people, if Mega man is in this, then Capcom will probably do this:
Mega-Man-Battle-Network-Copy.jpg

I'll stick with a new Gundam vs title with mechs from Capcom's various franchises (Mega Man, Cyberbots, Tech Romancer, Gotcha Force and Lost Planet), Sega's Virtual On & Border Break series and a select group of mobile suits. Throw in a Custom Robo mech and we're good.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think Niitsuma is working on this game. I remembered Seth said that Niitsuma is working on new project and Niitsuma want to work on a game that have more than two companies cross-over.

Capcom x Sega x Bandai Namco...

It might be fighting game or rpg game. (For my sake, I hope its not fighting game because I hate to play fighting game on handheld.)

so PLEASE IT HAVE TO BE RPG!

duckroll

I think Niitsuma is working on this game. I remembered Seth said that Niitsuma is working on new project and Niitsuma want to work on a game that have more than two companies cross-over.

Capcom x Sega x Bandai Namco...

It might be fighting game or rpg game. (For my sake, I hope its not fighting game because I hate to play fighting game on handheld.)

so PLEASE IT HAVE TO BE RPG!

Why would Niitsuma be working on a game published by Bandai Namco Games? :p

My initial thought was that the whole lab and petri dish thing was a hint toward the game, but now I think that it was just a way to show the three brands "experimenting" and working together.

That said, there is probably some sort of significance to the code that the gloved hand enters on the door. I think it was 032760? I'm just drawing from memory though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh god, be still my beating heart. I'm such a sucker for crossover games. :|

Don't worry, it's not made by the guys who did Namco X Capcom so it won't be shitty.

NxC is actually the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the site.

Boy was that game awful.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Part of me wants it to be a Segagaga sequel in which you take control of one of the three companies and vie for video game sales dominance. :p

duckroll

Well, if it's any consolation, Monolith wasn't working with Banpresto during NxC, so maybe they'd learn something and not be shit?

The staff that made NxC, EF, and EF Exceed came directly FROM Banpresto actually. The director made some really horrible SRW games before he left, one of which I believe is... I'm not sure if it was MX, but it was the one which was like 5439865843 hours long and just went on and on and on without end, just like NxC. :p

Boss Doggie

The staff that made NxC, EF, and EF Exceed came directly FROM Banpresto actually. The director made some really horrible SRW games before he left, one of which I believe is... I'm not sure if it was MX, but it was the one which was like 5439865843 hours long and just went on and on and on without end, just like NxC. :p

Is he gone?

please tell me he's gone!!

Syril

My dream would be for it to be some kind of Smash Bros-type fighting game featuring all of their legions of forgotten characters, so it's probably going to be another strategy RPG with convoluted mechanics and absurdly long attack sequences.

liger05

Jump Superstar perhaps?
I didn't play the original game on DS, but if I remember it correctly featured characters from Bandai(One piece,, Dragon ball and Dr Slump & Arale), I'm not sure about who owns the rights for Hokuto no Ken.

Possibly. I'm going to have to get a Japanese 3DS as I cant miss out on these kinda games

pxz = project xzibit

yo dawg, I heard you like videogame companies and games, so we put some videogame companies in your game

032760 is a hexadecimal colour code for a nice Blue by the way:
http://www.color-hex.com/color/032760
Could this be significant as the person in the teaser was also wearing blue gloves?

I put it into altamatic.com/crypt to see if a numerical cipher decoding algorythm could dedect any kind of word or whatever -- but that's a no go. I also tried typing the numbers into a T9 predictive text phone to see if a word came up that way... using an English predictive text keyboard didn't work, but someone should certainly try the Japanese equivalent if such a thing exists.

/sleuthing

thetrin

You're thinking of SRW F. MX was good.

Boss Doggie

Clearly the man inputting the number is a tokusatsu hero! Who the hell wears spandex gloves anyway!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Whatever it is, if we don't get a follow up story in the next two days, then we probably won't hear about it again until around TGS. :/

B.K.

That remains to be seen!

Or does it? I doubt Monolithsoft will ever work for Bandai Namco again. Bandai Namco sold the rest of their share of the company to Nintendo, so they don't have anything invested in Monolithsoft anymore. When they sold them to begin with, Bandai Namco said they kept stock in them so they could work with them in the future. Now, they don't have any stake in Monolithsoft, so there's no reason for them to work with them, if Nintendo would even let them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom