• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it either. If Elites can jump that high in the campaign, why can't we jump that high when we play as them in matchmaking?

Yeah, I have seen them jump that high a few times, but to be honest, it looks all floaty and doesn't look like its meant to happen. Watching that Grunt jump though got me thinking.. Grunts with Jetpacks would be terrifying. =P

I am planning to pick it up when it hits paperback. Despite my griping about the writing style and narrative, the actual story and universe Bear wrote about have continued to occupy my thoughts since completing it. I guess I'm saying, I found Cryptum more interesting than enjoyable.

And given that it's also going to payoff (and already is starting to), that's enough for me to continue with the series.

While Primordium certainly has a lot of the issues that Cryptum did, what it adds to overall universe and story is well worth it. You should definitely read it, even if you have to force yourself at some points as the overall story is great. Im really excited to see how the the next book picks up, and if and how it will lead into Halo 4.

Naw, not necessarily. I swear the friendzone thing is a myth, or blown way out of proportion, at least.
Agreed. I was best friends with my girlfriend for around 2 years before we started dating, and we have been dating for about 3-4 years now.

Friend Zone is a myth because men and women are never just friends, obviously. Ladder Theory.

Dax's first date -

Girl: So what kinda music do you like
Dax: Only kinds without words
Girl: Thats cooooolll, I'll be right back.

Girls never seen from again.

Fin.

Halo 4 should have the following to help simplify MM options while allowing people to get what they want more frequently-

-Option to match with DLC users first
-Option to to match with "no guests" first
-The ability to choose your top 3 maps and bottom 3 maps that can help MM select or avoid maps when possible

Of course, all can be optional for those who dont care and want faster MM times.

It can be broken, gf and I went out then became friends for a few months, then started going out again. Not sure if it counts but it's been a little over 4 years now.

Same here, except replace gf with on-and-off friends with benefits. Currently off going on on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Friend Zone is a myth because men and women are never just friends, obviously. Ladder Theory.

Dax's first date -

Girl: So what kinda music do you like
Dax: Only kinds without words
Girl: Thats cooooolll, I'll be right back.

Girls never seen from again.

Fin.

Eh, I can see that being the case for most guys, but being a married man, I have a crapload of female friends from college. Actually, I have more female friends in college than male friends.

That said, I don't hang out with them outside of school.

Also, you should have capped your post off with some picture of a character from Star Trek drawn in the forever alone style.

Tunavi

Banned
It can easily be broken, if its a thing at all.
I mean, yeah, you can be friends with a girl and not get friend-zoned.
IMO getting friend-zoned just means a guy tries to be friends with her to get into the relationship, but the girl just sees him as a brotherly figure by the end of it.

She's going with me to see Mythbusters: Behind the Myths tour in Raleigh on March 25th. It'll make the day awkward, or it might not happen at all, if I ask her out before then and she says no. Plus, she just broke up with her boyfriend of two years. I want to give her some time.
Don't say the L-word when you ask. No I'm not talking about Lesbians.

I mean, yeah, you can be friends with a girl and not get friend-zoned.
IMO getting friend-zoned just means a guy tries to be friends with her to get into the relationship, but the girl just sees him as a brotherly figure by the end of it.

Yeah I see what you mean there.

Still think you can work your way out of that though, unless she just doesn't find you attractive.

feel

Also, you should have capped your post off with some picture of a character from Star Trek drawn in the forever alone style.
He's too young to be "forever alone". He does have it in his DNA to be good at handling a knob, maybe he could try hooking up with guys for a while if he can't find a girl.

Too far?? Nah, it's just Dax <3

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
He's too young to be "forever alone". He does have it in his DNA to be good at handling a knob, maybe he could try hooking up with guys for a while if he can't find a girl.

Lol, nice reference. As a side note at least when I went to Raleigh I actually got into the game studio I went to (Red Storm). ;)

Thermite

She's going with me to see Mythbusters: Behind the Myths tour in Raleigh on March 25th. It'll make the day awkward, or it might not happen at all, if I ask her out before then and she says no. Plus, she just broke up with her boyfriend of two years. I want to give her some time.

Just tell her how pure and innocent she is, how you're madly in love with her, and want to spend the rest of your life together. Works every time.

Good luck and god bless

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just tell her how pure and innocent she is, how you're madly in love with her, and want to spend the rest of your life together. Works every time.

Good luck and god bless

That doesn't work when you're as pure and innocent (if not more so) than the person you're talking to, lol.

Also, poor Ghaleon, you guys are brutal.

Eh, I can see that being the case for most guys, but being a married man, I have a crapload of female friends from college. Actually, I have more female friends in college than male friends.

That said, I don't hang out with them outside of school.

True its one of the *'s. Marriage is a halt.

The relationship-ladders are still there they are just "unconsidered" because of the very negative stigma about marriage and cheating.

3 Year relationship dont look at other guys or girls in a sexual way, Dealwithit.Brah

Yea I've had two 3 years. Waste of my life.

LoL I say if god forbid one of you were to die the one left would not remain celibate the rest of her life thus proving my point the ladders are still there...Love hides the ladders it doesnt destroy them.

If you would never have sex again then go forth and marry because you found something unique. Something people spend forever looking for.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Wow, that looks a bit too familiar.

Yea I've had two 3 years. Waste of my life.

LoL I say if god forbid one of you were to die the one left would not remain celibate the rest of her life thus proving my point the ladders are still there...Love hides the ladders it doesnt destroy them.

If you would never have sex again then go forth and marry because you found something unique. Something people spend forever looking for.

I'm with the woman I dated in high-school, lol.

We've been together since 1999.

We got married in 2003 before I went to basic training, I was 22 she was 20.

Sai-kun

Banned

Ah come on, it's possible. I definitely have more guy friends than I do girl friends, but outside of this one girl where there's weird tension, it's definitely possible to just be friends.

zap

Hahaha oh wow.

I mean I never actually saw the original, but I have seen it referenced enough...

Technical question. How would I connect a 1st gen Xbox 360 to a computer monitor. Xbox doesnt have hdmi, monitor only has hdmi and dvi inputs (maybe a RGB input)

I felt that was better than the Reach ads which were trying to convey the same thing, eh.
The first half yeah, I see what you're saying. But it felt kind of low budget to me, the Shepard pieces at least.

Technical question. How would I connect a 1st gen Xbox 360 to a computer monitor. Xbox doesnt have hdmi, monitor only has hdmi and dvi inputs (maybe a RGB input)
360 VGA Cable + VGA TO DVI converter.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I felt that was better than the Reach ads which were trying to convey the same thing, eh.

It's like a mix of the deliver hope trailer and the civilian "remember when there was a tomorrow" trailer. IMO both trailers for Reach separately were better. And the "battle" was done far better in Deliver hope.

My first thought with the ME3 trailer was, who the fuck is going to loot a shop when the world is about to be devoured by space zombies?

No I am not having any timepuppies any time soon.

Devodogs!

I'm looking forward to this week, possible Halo 4 reveal, my birthday, will go on a date with a girl I like and make progress on my no-kill MGS3 run. Life is good.

qvrzpmdhe.gif

Awesome. Good luck on the date, bruh.

And Dax, go for it. Just one advice: don't wait too long.

Played some Reach at a mate's house yesterday, I swear that's the only time I still have fun playing this game. Though one of my other friends kept bitching he doesn't like Halo and wanted to play CoD instead, because it's "more realistic" and he was better at it.

I still whooped his ass in CoD too, though. :lol

Really? I know you are talking about the Scout squad and family live action trailer but they weren't TV ads?

The first half yeah, I see what you're saying. But it felt kind of low budget to me, the Shepard pieces at least.
Without the Shepard, you wouldn't have known that this is a ME3 ad. And I totally agree with the Shepard part. I hope the Launch trailer is going to be amazing like ME2's one.

Edit.: About the "Deliver Hope" trailer, it promised wrong things about Reach. If there were such a fight in the game sigh.

daedalius

wtf is going on in here?

Did the Halogaf link in my subscriptions break or something? redirect I don't know about?

Frankie/David, save us with Halo 4 news, PLEASE!

Without the Shepard, you wouldn't have known that this is a ME3 ad. And I totally agree with the Shepard part. I hope the Launch trailer is going to be amazing like ME2's one.

I hope they have one. They called the CG trailer a "launch trailer" too, so I'm not holding out any hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom