• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I just noticed a significant battle system change from Xenoblade. Look at the scene at around 0:36 in the trailer. The player is using a sword weapon to do melee attacks, but then right after that he switches to a pistol range attack. This doesn't change any of the skill assignments at the bottom of the screen, so this has to be either a secondary weapon or a normal secondary attack of the weapon. Interesting...

I'm just assuming the worst.

I'm pretty sure this is Xenoblade 2.

Probably takes place
sometime after the end of the game where they are in the new Universe. I'm guessing there's a new threat on the world the Homs/Machina ended up on. With Shulk maybe leading some expedition force that encounters these new enemies.

With the help of the Machina the Homs have developed their own Faced Mechon counterparts called Dolls. Dunban makes a comment near the end about the Machina sharing their advanced tech with the Homs so I don't think this is out of the realm of possibility.

Just my speculation.

skypunch

Banned
The game looks absolutely incredible, no wonder Nintendo saved it for last.

The thing that really sealed the deal for me was the inclusion of the 'doll' chilling out on the peak of that mountain and actually being able to fly across the environments. Fuck me.

Monolith Soft <3

DaBoss

Wouldn't really make sense, if you've seen the ending of Xenoblade.

Yea, a sequel would make much more sense if it were to be related to Xenoblade.

Xenoblade spoiler:
So they all live on the Bionis and the Machina make these mechs for the people of Bionis.

EDIT: Pretty much what VanillaCakeIsBurning said.

NTom64

Xenoblade was one of the best games I've played in recent years, so I hope this can live it up it. Looks amazing so far though. Great sense of scale, music is fantastic, combat looks fun.

Definitely a keeper!

heringer

There is a resemblance, but I'd say that's about it, his facial features look quite different; a lot of Japanese characters resemble each other;

It pretty obvious that's Shulk. Same hair, same face and no reason to throw the face of some guy that wasn't in the gameplay footage unless this character has some relevance from the past.

guek

Banned
Rewatching this trailer for the 20th time, it dawned on my what was so compelling. It was that feeling. That unique touch. That sense of adventure.

This is a feeling that's drastically different from the vast majority of games this past gen. Yes, there are definitely exceptions - Dark Souls, Skyrim, etc.

But most of the AAA projects and new IPs emphasized something completely different: Scale. Grandeur. Realism.

And while this has touches of all of those aspects, the music, the art, the entire package, screams ADVENTURE. When the mech takes flight and the music swells, you soar with it. This is a feeling that has become so rare for me in modern gaming. As much as I love Zelda, it's also something that was desperately missing from Skyward Sword. This game doesn't just seem grand...it feels epic in the same way Ocarina of Time felt epic the first time I played it.

It's almost enough to make me get emotional.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Good lord, best surprise ever. Monolith is really using the Wii U hardware! God DAMN the game is fucking gorgeous.

CANNOT WAIT. My MOST anticipated Wii U title.

heringer

I will say that colors looked a little drab compared to Xenoblade. But so was the first Xenoblade trailer, so we'll see.

nasos_333

How does the combat more resemble Monster Hunter than Xenoblade? How does the X not obviously infer 'Xeno'? And a chat screen makes just as much sense for a 3 player game as a MMO.

I will answer with a maybe to all three, as i said could be anything right now

If it is a MMO or requires online, it is not for me though, i only play offline games

I did not even play Diablo 3 because required me to be online

skypunch

Banned
Rewatching this trailer for the 20th time, it dawned on my what was so compelling. It was that feeling. That unique touch. That sense of adventure.

This is a feeling that's drastically different from the vast majority of games this past gen. Yes, there are definitely exceptions - Dark Souls, Skyrim, etc.

But most of the AAA projects and new IPs emphasized something completely different: Scale. Grandeur. Realism.

And while this has touches of all of those aspects, the music, the art, the entire package, screams ADVENTURE. When the mech takes flight and the music swells, you soar with it. This is a feeling that has become so rare for me in modern gaming. As much as I love Zelda, it's also something that was desperately missing from Skyward Sword. This game doesn't just seem grand...it feels epic in the same way Ocarina of Time felt epic the first time I played it.

It's almost enough to make me get emotional.

Well said. I get the exact same feeling. Monolith are just too good it seems.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

If it is a MMO or requires online, it is not for me though, i only play offline games

On now this is Nintendo. The likelihood of this requiring online are near zero.

Sid

The game has a really good draw distance.

No, probably a SP game with an online component.
Probably.....ok then,this looks damn impressive but I wish I liked these kinda games.

glad to see you're finally here. jesus you take forever.

dw man you aren't going to be interested in this since it ain't a Souls or Ys game.
lol as I said this does nothing for me but it looks good.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Remember when people said that even with the WiiU Nintendo couldn't be up to the graphical standards set by other developers?

Yeah, where are these people now?

So if I'm understanding this correctly, Nintendo just enters the HD era and is already showing RPG's like this. I believe Wii U has a bright future if they continue the trend.

nasos_333

Any particular reason why not?

The moment i see a human with text over its head and chat in my game, ruins the very reason i play games, to get immersed in a specific world

I even hate SP games that try to resemble a MMO

On now this is Nintendo. The likelihood of this requiring online are near zero.

If i can play a proper offline compaign without chat screens and silly stuff like that, will probably buy a WiiU for that game (as well as for a new Zelda anyway)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Reyn Time? Reyn Time.

64utvvH.png

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

That seems like a bizarre arbitrary line to draw.

I hope this game has something as beautiful as 7th's Mech

also hope some other locations have color, unless it is part of the story to be this dark and dull

nasos_333

That seems like a bizarre arbitrary line to draw.

Indeed, Diablo 3 case is a bit extreme one, but i cant support that kind of behavious on behalf of developers, that is how it all starts and i will never be a part of the destruction of proper SP gaming

I dont care about having online, i am only against the online only part

Seik

Banned
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWAIOGDHAGIWGGCCWFDOIAFC!!!

I didn't expect a VIDEO!!!!! WOW!!!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!! :D :D :D

EDIT: This guy in the end looks like Shulk! o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom