• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

ACG

Despite being a positive review, I felt it was a bit more.......grounded......than some of the hyperbole that has been seen in the last few days.

It's always interesting how people are much quicker to accept more critical views as true or valid

d9b

Banned
giphy.gif

bombshell

For people who has played the game, how does it feel to aim with the controller? I'm not good at all with aiming using a controller, thus why I don't play shooting games on consoles.

I fear my lack of skill will take away the enjoyment of the game for me, ending up with the game on the shelf.

You can start out on easy. You can freely change mid-game between the 4 difficulties, so if you get confident with the aiming and find it too easy you can easily up it.

danowat

Banned
It's always interesting how people are much quicker to accept more critical views as true or valid

Never said I accepted it more or less than the others, just that I found it refreshing to hear a positive review that was also critical.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I hope ill be able to walk into walmart tonight and pick this up. I dont get off until midnight and i dont have this preordered.

anyone ordered with shopto had their copy ship yet?

Hard to say. I've had preorders arrive a couple of days early from them that aren't marked as dispatched until the day before launch haha. Officially, no, mine is still showing as processing, and it hasn't arrived yet either.

Ryne

Smooth af. There is some minor aim asist in there, but you'll have to put in some effort to hit where you want. It's good.

You can start out on easy. You can freely change mid-game between the 4 difficulties, so if you get confident with the aiming and find it too easy you can easily up it.

Thanks people, hopefully I can get into it right away. I'll start out on easy.

For those who already finished the game, how was the story. No specifics, but did you think it was bad, good for a game, actually good, great?

Tomeru

Well, I started out on very hard, and with the tools the game gives you, it's not really hard, it just makes you realise you should use more stuff. I can't even imagine playing on the lesser difficulties now.

Facism

Hard to say. I've had preorders arrive a couple of days early from them that aren't marked as dispatched until the day before launch haha. Officially, no, mine is still showing as processing, and it hasn't arrived yet either.

thank you for the insight. My DOOM order with them arrived the day after ordering, whilst TLG took 4 days for them to ship lol

vivekTO

Nothing specific, it's just the overall feeling I felt was overtly positive, while not picking up on any potential negatives

Let me give you an example.

Kinda funny - overtly positive
negative - Dumb human AI , Bad dialogues.

Name other overtly positive Review,if you know any.

Mitch

Banned
I'm in the market for a newer monitor for gaming. Preferably 4K. My current BenQ 120hz is great and all, but I've had it for the better part of 5 years now. With the release of Horizon, I would really like a higher quality monitor/TV to play it on. So I have a couple questions.

Is it worth getting a 4K capable monitor/TV if I plan on playing on a launch PS4? Also, does anyone have a recommended monitor? I was looking at the Dell P2715Q. It's currently on sale for $480 I believe.

I just want a great experience while playing this game.

Tankshell

This game looks incredible apart from 2 things, which happen to be personal bugbears of mine with any games, not just this one:

1. foliage (grass, bushes, trees etc) are non interactive with the player character, you just clip through them. In a game with such astounding attention to detail, this really stands out, especially considering that most games these days have this feature.
  2. water rendering leaves a lot to be desired. Once again, does not interact with the player character etc. Witcher 3 had really good water interaction and it made a big difference. Sad face.

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...dawn-tech-analysis-what-works-and-what-doesnt

thank you for the insight. My DOOM order with them arrived the day after ordering, whilst TLG took 4 days for them to ship lol

Haha. Was that when TLG was super low price though not long after launch? Or was that a pre-order? I think it just became stock constrained during the price cut. No idea what was going on if that was a pre-order though. They've been very consistent for me, and I like that they have an easy to add DPD shipping option. For pre-orders, you can't really beat them or simplygames in my mind.

aravuus

Well, I started out on very hard, and with the tools the game gives you, it's not really hard, it just makes you realise you should use more stuff. I can't even imagine playing on the lesser difficulties now.

I was wondering whether I'd start on very hard or hard, but it sounds like the former isn't stupid unfair so I think I'll start on very hard too.

Fantastic OP. Thanks shinobi.

Mine should be showing up from UPS today. Really excited to dive in.

As a couple others have mentioned, I've now heard some of the more "realistic" feedback (Waypoint podcast on Friday) and I feel like I have more level headed expectations coming into the game.

Still very, very excited to jump in!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have a preorder from Tesco since august last year (2 for £70 offer). Just hope it doesn't come late or it'll crash into Zelda

Steroyd

Well I just learned that UK didn't get boned with a Friday release and remembered there's only 28 days in Feb.

*clicks pre-order on PSN* ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom