• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omlagus

Yay new thread!

But I'm honestly disappointed we didn't go with Lone Prodigy's brilliant:
Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion OT7: When it comes to deals, we're having Nunavut.

Wedge7

Nice, another new thread.

Hopefully things start turning around with the currency, ordering things on ebay and paying with Paypal doing the conversions is just brutal.

Thanks to whomever said to update shipment speed. Sure enough, it caused Amazon's system to re-check the order and start FE for shipment. CS then moved it to next day Delivery.

Amazed CS couldn't just trigger the shift themselves though.

Oneself

Happy new thread Canada GAF.

I look forward reading more rants about poor exchange rates, EB/BB/Amazon, Canada Post, Québec and Gravity Rush Remastered physical version.

=)

jholmes

Here's to some deals in this new thread and leaving the shipping talk about Fire Emblem and SFV in the last thread, right?

Well, I tried anyway.

That delicious new thread smell. My Best Buy copy of Fates got here... just a little the worse for wear. Hopefully the Amazon copy fares as well, even if it does take its sweet time.

zroid

Banned
I'm trying to wrap up Mario & Luigi Paper Jam tonight before I start Fire Emblem...

pretty close to the end I think

meanwhile just enjoying the art book :')

Me be man again someday...

Classic game. My eyes are always drawn to your avatar whenever you post. I think we might be the only two on GAF with classic Sierra ones!

I got that reference!

I guess we're the only two with good taste then. haha

terrible

Banned
Well, I guess it's sort of a deal, but its not new:

Rainbow Six Siege Gold (Base Game + Seasons Pass) on Final Clearance at Best Buy for 69.97

It's normally 129.99 (amazon has it for 119.99) so its not a bad discount. xbox one version was dropped to 9.97 but that's sold out.

PS4:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=6062bfb0b94624cde3d82247dfd0f3f1en02

PC:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=27062f342845db15379be4b1961666f7en02

I'm still waiting for the regular version of the game to hit $30 on PC. Can't justify more than that since I already have it on PS4.

Ventara

Eh, thread title is alright, but would've been better if it referenced backlogs or Amazon CSRs. We're always talking about shipping, and thread 5 already referenced it.

Sora_N

Eh, thread title is alright, but would've been better if it referenced backlogs or Amazon CSRs. We're always talking about shipping, and thread 5 already referenced it.

Nothing else happens in Canada sorry

Canada Post really screwed me over though

Proc

That feel when you look at American Truck Simulator and it stares back at you with a $28.99 price tag...

baconcow

Good old Amazon CSR's. So difficult at times trying trying to explain an issue, on chat. In the end, though, things tend to always end up fixed to a satisfactory level. I cannot say that about companies like Dell or Microsoft, anymore.

With the dollar being what it is, I hope this thread comes through with some nice deals.

Man, I know this would be too much of a thread split, but I'd love a Digital Canadian Deals thread. I've gone all digital this gen and I pretty much never check this thread anymore because it's usually about physical deals and/or shipping of said physical deals.

terrible

Banned
I've had nothing but good luck with shipping since I started paying for release day shipping with Amazon with games I want
need
on day 1. Even my UPS packages have been getting here on time and they've been a nightmare for me in the past. I did get one package at 8:30PM though which was kind of funny. I didn't know they delivered that late.

Of course I've now jinxed it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was originally going to return Birthright and SFV, but now I'm just sitting here looking at the package wondering if I should cave and open it. D:

Lexxism

Yeah. The other title suggested was right on the money since it's a reference to those people who were exploiting the incompetent Amazon CSRs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expected the title to be about our dollar being in the shitter, but I guess this works too.

On topic:

SFV been preparing to shipment for days now ;_;

Man, I know this would be too much of a thread split, but I'd love a Digital Canadian Deals thread. I've gone all digital this gen and I pretty much never check this thread anymore because it's usually about physical deals and/or shipping of said physical deals.

Thread is just too bogged down with shipping talk anyway. Your item shipping isn't a deal, why are you talking about that here?

Finally received my TE2+ tonight! Can't believe they honoured that deal. Really stoked on the look and feel of the stick overall. A little creaky, but I am gonna give it some time to settle and break in a bit before I whine. For now, I'm pumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom