• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFreak's New Game: Soritia Horse - July 31st - eShop

JoeM86

http://www.4gamer.net/games/226/G022607/20130723007/

m4hfx7Y.jpg
XS459kE.jpg
525uDfE.jpg
sJ3F7HP.jpg

Soriti Horse. Merges Solitaire and Horse Racing.

Release on July 31st for 500 Yen on the Japanese 3DS eShop.

Game is divided into Solitaire Phase and Control Phase.

Solitaire Phase
: You play solitaire to improve the bond with your horse and make them run better.

Control Phase: You use the touch pen to navigate the courses, reacting to certain parameters and course attributes.

Races continue by switching between phases back and forth. In the final stretch, you use items and power you collected along the way, plus a whip to send your horse over the finish line. Raise your own horse, turn it in to a QR code and share it with others.

Self published (first GF game to be so).

500 yen, releases from 10AM on July 31st on the Nintendo eshop for 3DS.

Randdalf

I guess this is like HarmoKnight in how it was developed? (i.e. a small team came up with an idea and made it quickly).

duckroll

Is there any chance this will be released in the US eShop? I might... actually get this. Looks like it could be a ton of fun.

Refyref

I don't know who expected some huge reveal.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Solitaire, so I'm interested to see how this goes.

Game is divided into Solitaire Phase and Control Phase.

Solitaire Phase
: You play solitaire to improve the bond with your horse and make them run better.

Control Phase: You use the touch pen to navigate the courses, reacting to certain parameters and course attributes.

Races continue by switching between phases back and forth. In the final stretch, you use items and power you collected along the way, plus a whip to send your horse over the finish line. Raise your own horse, turn it in to a QR code and share it with others.

Self published (first GF game to be so).

500 yen, releases from 10AM on July 31st on the Nintendo eshop for 3DS.

Putting this weirdness aside, the concept of Game Freak becoming one of the eShop's most prolific developers is an exciting one.

I mean, I can't see this appealing to me, but Harmoknight was an absolute tonne of fun. I'm happy to play more of these little side-projects. Put those Pokédollars to good use.

Refyref

Putting this weirdness aside, the concept of Game Freak becoming one of the eShop's most prolific developers is an exciting one.

I mean, I can't see this appealing to me, but Harmoknight was an absolute tonne of fun. I'm happy to play more of these little side-projects. Put those Pokédollars to good use.

Yea, they said that the small projects initiative was going well, so I was waiting to see what would be the next one.

JoeM86

Yeah, they'll definitely continue to come up with imaginative titles. GameFreak's workforce has severely increased of late, so who knows what's coming next

wrowa

Looks fun enough for 500 Yen. I might get it if it comes over.

Great to see that GF is now able to work on other projects on the side thanks to the possibility of digital distribution.

If it's as fun and wacky as HarmoKnight, I'm all for it.

Besides, I'm somewhat happy to see Game Freak do more than just Pokemon - the 3DS eShop seems to be the perfect platform for that.

Curious about the "self published" part.

You do know that The Denpa Men is self-published by Genius Sorority, right?

GamerJM

Banned
If this doesn't get localized I might get this when I get a Japanese 3DS just for the sake of having every Game Freak game post-Pokemon.

Top Bottom