• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 4-10 | The Empire Strikes Black

Grecco

Sounds like some WWE 13 stuff will be happening at evo some CAW type stuff

might as well make the fgc full blow wwesports

gutabo

https://twitter.com/MrWizardSRK/status/308716849225408513
Joey Cuellar: "I'm looking for some people who can design some characters in WWE13 for me. This is a secret project, please contact me!"

EDIT: Beaten aarrrgghhhh!!!

I hope you enjoyed World Game Cup last weekend, videos are still going up at youtube.com/hakf.

Next up for Armshouse is Red Fight District 23/24 March in Amsterdam. I'm sure you have all seen the epic trailer by now!

Regards

James

It was a great stream and the red fight district is one of the best, if not the best trailer ever! Looking forward to watch that tourney stream!

jbug617

Banned
hwXBOdx.jpg

thatsapenis.gif

UltraDavid had to ruin this.

Thread needs more Tekken representation in general. Game's rad, it's just boring as shit to watch.
The game isn't always boring to watch, but...so many rounds per match makes it move at a snail's pace. If there's a boring Marvel match (they do exist!), I can tab out, tab in, and the next set is probably up. With Tekken I might as well go to a restaurant while I wait for the set to be over.

kirblar

T6 and SCV weren't this bad with 3/5 rounds. It's the double health bars. I totally understand (and support) the desire to have 3/5 in the normal Namco games because of the high/bursty damage- it's similar to why Marvel's 3/5. But the TTT2 matches can up to take 8~ish minutes a set as opposed to 5~6ish max in the regular games, and it doesn't lead to good things as a viewer.

So, what's the difference between Darkstalkers and Street Fighter, vs. series, etc.?

Didn't see this answered yet so I'll have a horrible go of it: they're all set on a single 2D plane, but they vary in speeds and such- Vs. is the fastest series, with team mechanics (3v3 or 2v2, without rounds) and a heavier emphasis on aerial combat. I dunno what the hell Darkstalkers is about.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Didn't see this answered yet so I'll have a horrible go of it: they're all set on a single 2D plane, but they vary in speeds and such- Vs. is the fastest series, with team mechanics (3v3 or 2v2, without rounds) and a heavier emphasis on aerial combat. I dunno what the hell Darkstalkers is about.

Think of Darkstalkers as the inbetween point between the VS. series and Street Fighter, with Vampire Hunter being more on the Street Fighter side of the spectrum, and Vampire Savior more on the VS. side of it. Savior has High-Low mixups, momentum-based rushdown, pushblocking, airblocking.

Deps

T6 and SCV weren't this bad with 3/5 rounds. It's the double health bars. I totally understand (and support) the desire to have 3/5 in the normal Namco games because of the high/bursty damage- it's similar to why Marvel's 3/5. But the TTT2 matches can up to take 8~ish minutes a set as opposed to 5~6ish max in the regular games, and it doesn't lead to good things as a viewer.

Double health bars doesn't mean anything. Watch japan/korean tekken, rounds end hella fast. The dmg in TTT2 is insane, just most U.S players haven't optimized their combos/setups yet and 80% of the players don't punish most things. Watching American Tekken is pretty boring right now I agree (tho I still enjoy it because I can learn), but I don't see how international tekken is boring.

So, what's the difference between Darkstalkers and Street Fighter, vs. series, etc.?

Basically this:
Think of Darkstalkers as the inbetween point between the VS. series and Street Fighter, with Vampire Hunter being more on the Street Fighter side of the spectrum, and Vampire Savior more on the VS. side of it. Savior has High-Low mixups, momentum-based rushdown, pushblocking, airblocking.

Vampire Savior (DS3) is honestly VS. Marvel series with super jumping instead of hyper jumping, ex-attacks and one-on-one.

kirblar

Double health bars doesn't mean anything. Watch japan/korean tekken, rounds end hella fast. The dmg in TTT2 is insane, just most U.S players haven't optimized their combos/setups yet and 80% of the players don't punish most things. Watching American Tekken is pretty boring right now I agree (tho I still enjoy it because I can learn), but I don't see how international tekken is boring.
We're Americans watching American streams. "All politics is local" at work here.

Beckx

The other bit I like about Darkstalkers 3 is there are no rounds, just lives. Lose your life bar, lose a life, but after a pause the fight goes on (and the winner doesn't get a health refill).

If they're working on DS4, that concept had better stay in.

Edit, in a way that's like the vs. series as well. In vs. there are no rounds, and you have two or three life bars and the same number of characters. Here you essentially have two life bars but one character.

OK, that was gonna be my guess, having DS being a mild ground. I watched Giant Bomb's videos of Resurrection but I couldn't tell shit from it (probably because of the players, like).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ultradavid is primarily known for Street Fighter, but he also fancies other fightan games. And also dicks apparently. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Zukuu

Banned
Christie is done!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UMWNBRW1mdmFwUEE&f=true&noheader=false&gid=54

I swear, she was by far the worst character to do the data for and took me the longest, since I had to recheck soooo often due to that stupid handstand stuff >_>

Next up will be to finish the missing Lei data. Then all characters are complete frame wise. Afterwards, I'll check the start up of every special move of every other character, since the guide has many errors here. Will do a couple each day.

Horseress

Christie is done!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UMWNBRW1mdmFwUEE&f=true&noheader=false&gid=54

I swear, she was by far the worst character to do the data for and took me the longest, since I had to recheck soooo often due to that stupid handstand stuff >_>

Next up will be to finish the missing Lei data. Then all characters are complete frame wise. Afterwards, I'll check the start up of every special move of every other character, since the guide has many errors here. Will do a couple each day.

Thanks a lot dude! Can I put the link to this doc on the SfxT OT? With the deserved credits of course ^^

Christie is done!

You are too good for this game. Come test frame data for Marvel sir.

sleepykyo

Let's see. Underboob, midriff, thighs. Yet he sees a nonexistent penis. Isn't Bridget enough?

Must be stressful be Megumi. Boyfriend keeps seeing dicks everywhere. Wonder if she has seen Friends.

Top Bottom