• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch a shark get stabbed in the face in Assassin's Creed 4

You probably already knew that sticking sharp things in endangered species was going to be a thing in Assassin's Creed 4 (though you can forgive Kenway a little, as back in his day they weren't quite so rare) so now here's a chance to see something a little more deserving of a forceful prod. Sharks, the gits of the sea, can be stabbed up and chopped to bits just so our charming pirate can make a nice new purse.

Yes, the crafting system that made Far Cry 3 such a cruel delight has been ported over for the latest Assassin's Creed, and it at least makes a little more sense here. Kenway's a bit of a git himself, see, so it's not so alarming to see him chopping some wildlife into small little pieces in the name of fashion and a slightly bigger ammo pouch.

ibkdX0X9WXigaK.gif

Source: Eurogamer

YouTube Link

Sorry if old.

Papytendo

I suppose stabbing the shark is better than jumping it.

BTW, stabbing sharks should be in the next Dragon's Dogma.

Hoo-doo

Banned
chopping some wildlife into small little pieces in the name of fashion and a slightly bigger ammo pouch.

So they're basically lifting this mechanic 1:1 straight out of FC3?

I did like doing that in Far Cry though. So I don't mind.

Akira_83

Banned
i love games with sharks in them

in crysis and far cry 3 it always made swimming such a scary proposition

i hope the hunting in this game isnt some bullshit QTE like in 3 though... it needs to be Far Cry 3 and Red Dead style though

Reule

Wow, is he on a speedboat or something? Took off so quick.

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't realize the shark was pulling the boat at first.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The funniest thing in the video is the narrator, he reminds me the guy who does the press conf abridged versions, making me think this video is making fun of the game.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Ubisoft likes to copy a lot of the same mechanics between their flagship games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed and many others. They make a big world for you and fill it with collectible bullshit to give you the illusion of an open world and depth, but really it's not.

Reule

It's looking pretty fun though, I can definitely see me putting some time into this. Watch_Dogs and ACIV are basically getting my next gen money at this point. I'm actually really happy that there's at least three open world games coming out for PS4. That'll tide me over till other releases.

kazebyaka

Banned
Ubisoft likes to copy a lot of the same mechanics between their flagship games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed and many others. They make a big world for you and fill it with collectible bullshit to give you the illusion of an open world and depth, but really it's not.
uh yeah, there's a depth and open world in both ac games and far cry games.

Top Bottom