• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK128

But what can they do to make the gameplay more innovative without making it completely ridiculous.

They can't keep delaying otherwise their platform will have no killer apps.

Well, this is set in a location with monsters and stuff right? So why not have over the top weapons ala Ratchet and Clank. You can have exploding crossbows that have splash fire damage (hit one eneime, they become a bomb for example), holy cannons that have rockets filled with holly water, machine guns that have homing silver bullets, ect. I am not a game designer, so I don't know if those would work well or not, but just some examples of what I was trying to get across.

As for delaying the game....Sony, while this may sound really sad, doesn't need strong first party anymore like they did with the PS3. They HAVE the third parties, the definitive versions, like how the 360 worked, so while people got little first parties they also got the best non-PC versions of games. With the PS4, we will got indies and AAA games from third parties, so while Sony should have great 1st party games like Infamous, they don't need to have them be nearly as frequent.

I don't know, I just want this game to be great :).

Anon67

Probably not the best representation, but The Order does look pretty interesting. I'll reserve my judgment for the E3 demo, assuming there is one.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Is the rampant screen tearing caused by YouTube or is actually in the game?

c7H7C0r.png

Obviously I don't want to pass judgement on unfinished gameplay but for all that they're striving for with the cinematic feel, this would be kind of a glaring issue on that front.

NastyBook

Not gonna lie about it, that left me a bit underwhelmed. The gameplay itself looked pretty pedestrian. The sound also threw me off. I understand that they're using weapons that are ahead of their time, but I still expected better gun sounds. Visuals, however, were very nice, though the quality of the video was shitty. I'm hoping they've got some good unarmed combat in the game. Better than Uncharted's even. These are the guys that made the best combat God of War, after all.

Paracelsus

DC criticism has also included gems along the line of 'It's just racing round tracks! How bland!'.

The main issue is "It's not a simulator, it's more like PGR, which is great but I would much rather have that kind of quality in a full blown "gran turismo" game".

Obviously I don't want to pass judgement on unfinished gameplay but for all that they're striving for with the cinematic feel, this would be kind of a glaring issue on that front.

Its a youtube clip from a stream from twitch.... Do you really need to ask?

EL CUCO

Looks like we're going to have to post this on every page.
@PSTrueGamer @shinobi602 there is no tearing when you play the game and if any ever shows up we will squash it. ;)

Nimby

Banned
Well the graphics look good and the setting looks interesting..

That's all I got.

I'm hoping the game is more than that.. the setting deserves more than just to act as a wrapper for a TPS military shooter.

This is my inquiry as well.

I understand what RaD is trying to do with this game, a cinematic TPS, but there's still a part of me that wants something else to come from this game, not just standard cover-based shooting.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Lemondish

Not gonna lie about it, that left me a bit underwhelmed. The gameplay itself looked pretty pedestrian. The sound also threw me off. I understand that they're using weapons that are ahead of their time, but I still expected better gun sounds. Visuals, however, were very nice, though the quality of the video was shitty. I'm hoping they've got some good unarmed combat in the game. Better than Uncharted's even. These are the guys that made the best combat God of War, after all.

So many people writing this game off from a single three minute stream on twitch with horrendous streaming issues and compression.

If they want to set the game apart from Gears, show the Damn gameplay that focuses on the beasts. They should've designed this game around supernatural enemies, not humans.

RayMaker

Banned
There's the exact same colours in the video.

Red and Green shop fronts, gold and white lettering, tan and red brick buildings, and pastel blue sky interrupted by smoke from chimney stacks.

They've made it moody in the game, but the colour choice is spot on.

Yeah I like the environments show in this snippet, I was just saying that there was colour in the Victorian streets.

kyser73

This has been my biggest disappointment so far, from the E3 trailer I thought it was based around Vampires and Werewolves or something, but so far nope.

Was kinda of hoping it wouldn't be a straight up shooter as well.

There's a big secondary story concerning the use of the Knights to suppress a nascent revolutionary movement in London, which is what this sequence and the one in Feb (which I assume this flows from since it appears Galahad & Lafayette have just arrived to support D'Argyll & Malory touting the thermite gun found in the cellar) are showing. The other teaser with D'Argyll & Galahad showed the aftermath of a werewolf attack.

Maybe finding a bit more out about the game would put this clip in context? I suspect like Second Son they're going to keep the supernatural elements revealed to a minimum so as to not spoiler the game.

I'm seeing a curious tendency here from some users last days.

DriveClub? soulless.
The Order? boring.

What have another generic tps that makes it special?

Yeah, it's a real shame you can't, I dunno, actually read what people have to say and actually consider whether their criticisms are legitimate.

Yes, clearly, there is an anti-Sony conspiracy at play here.

Salz01

The more I see the FIFA, and watch the video. More I want it. I just hope they have varied environments. Much some of that concept art they showed ah wile back. I want a covered based 3rd person shooter. Not sure what others think they want when they say this looks boring. I wonder what they'll say when the next gears gets shown.

Gbraga

They're really choosing shitty segments to show, I hope we get a much more interesting E3 walkthrough, hopefully showing some cool enemy designs in a more horror focused part.

That looked pretty good, but it was meh

TyrantII

So many people writing this game off from a single three minute stream on twitch with horrendous streaming issues and compression.

Same thing happened with ISS. Go read the early threads on that.

Lot of Astroturf and outright trolling, only to turn to silence and praise in the OT.

All this has happened before and will happen again. (Including Sony marketing be asleep and out of touch)

I liked ryse and it was a very linear cinematic game with no real freedom or exploration. If this game is the same its good for a play through but not really a purchase. Looks incredible though. The graphics are stunning.

tasch

Banned
They're really choosing shitty segments to show, I hope we get a much more interesting E3 walkthrough, hopefully showing some cool enemy designs in a more horror focused part.

That looked pretty good, but it was meh

I dont think its the segments, I think its how the game plays. It's just looks frustrating. The weapon, the feedback, the visibility, the movement etc. It looks clunky, the way the main character aims and moves, and the way the weapons shoot, it just doesn't look well designed in the gameplay front. The game looks great, but at what cost?

Nafai1123

Banned
I know, that is exactly my point. All I have seen so far has been generic shooting. Why not show something better, if it is there.

Well, there is this little show coming up called E3. I do think they should've released a better quality video though instead of shitty twitch stream.

Brohan

Looks pretty damn crazy, almost like a playable cutscene. Haven't seen enough to decide what i think of the gameplay though.

BBboy20

as a Gears fan, i actually think this looks interesting. I don't need every game to reinvent their genres. This looks like an interesting setting for Gears type gameplay. I really wish it had mp though.
Though, how long are we gonna' keep seeing dudes magically reload guns with one hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom