• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Brings Back Szechuan Dipping Sauce on October 7th, One Day Only

Geist-

OccasionalMarvelousArgali.gif

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
This made me realize how few McDonald's there are in Austin. Too much competition.

VoxPop

Who is going to go out of the way to go to a McDonalds on a specific day to get a certain sauce and poster? Lol.

Almighty

The combination of one day and only one restaurant reasonably close to me doing it means that I will be skipping this. Has clusterfuck written all over it.

Some locations are marked differently than others on the lists, like it just says Szechuan Available below the location. I wonder if this means the poster locations or if it's actually nothing different...

Is having it be so limited completely a marketing ploy or is this stuff hard to mass produce?

Isn't coming to one near me. Probably wouldn't like it anyway.

Madness

I remember really liking this when I was younger during the Mulan promotion. Wonder what the point of bringing it back for one day only is?

Some locations are marked differently than others on the lists, like it just says Szechuan Available below the location. I wonder if this means the poster locations or if it's actually nothing different...

I take it to mean that every location on the drop-down will have posters, but only the (scant few) ones with the Szechuan Available tag will actually have the sauce.

Two here in katy... May check it out.
Edit: nvm no szechuan sauce at either. Back to my regularly scheduled programming of never eating McDonald's because Whataburger exists.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don't get it, why not just introduce this as the signature sauce with their re-release of chicken tenders?

Sandfox

It's annoying how McDonald keeps doing this extremely limited promotions for the sauce.

I don't get it, why not just introduce this as the signature sauce with their re-release of chicken tenders?
Money and having it this limited will drive people to go try the tenders.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Just FYI everyone, if you're interested in the sauce then it has to say "Szechuan Available" under the location's address.

Sadsic

description of szechuan sauce fans on mcdonalds website:

Szechuan Sauce fans are typically incredibly motivated, born winners that combine a sweet disposition with a slow burning heat. When these people set goals (or make outright demands), they tend to achieve them. Sometimes, their impulsivity can get them into all sorts of hijinks, but their mad genius is their portal out of trouble. They truly put the “I WANT THAT SZECHUAN SAUCE” in “Buttermilk Crispy Tenders.”

https://buttermilkcrispytenders.com/szechuan-sauce.html

Rocketz

Oh shit the one down the street will have it

Edit: Or not fuck. It doesn’t say available. Then why list it :mad:

Top Bottom