• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok looking at the preorder bonus pic I might as well cancel my Amazon order and get the Origin preorder. I don't need 10 dog-tags lol

Mr_Brit

Banned
Am I the only one getting COD1/COD4 vibes from the Guillotine teaser? It combines that warlike intensity I first felt when I played COD1 and it's got a similar feel to the US marine missions in COD4. All in all, it looks like a massive step up from the awful BC2 campaign.

Metalmurphy said:
OMG!

101 Call of Duty fanboys accounts disliked that video revolting to the fact that COD trailer was liked 101 times.

Fixed.

Oh and OMG!

vlc2011-09-0919-22-13-7un1.jpg

Makoto

Mr_Brit said:
Am I the only one getting COD1/COD4 vibes from the Guillotine teaser? It combines that warlike intensity I first felt when I played COD1 and it's got a similar feel to the US marine missions in COD4. All in all, it looks like a massive step up from the awful BC2 campaign.
Yeah, there's chaos shrouded in the dark of night. You really have little idea what to expect. It's somewhat reminiscent of the Burnville/Dawnville missions in Call of Duty.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mr. Snrub said:
lol.gif

Kinda reminds me of Codemasters Bullshots for Operation Flashpoint 2, except it's in game:

I said this exact thing a couple days ago... but had to retract since apparently the BF3 shots I was referencing were admitted bullshots. But these aren't.

After Codemasters' shit I was thinking something like this was at least another hardware cycle away... thank Christ for DICE. I love them.

Broman1978

Can we please have new consoles soon....Please...Sony ..?...Microsoft...Please?
I want a new Xbox or Playstation that can handle what we just saw in that trailer...Good GOD that was awesome!!

Izayoi

Banned
Broman1978 said:
Can we please have new consoles soon....Please...Sony ..?...Microsoft...Please?
I want a new Xbox or Playstation that can handle what we just saw in that trailer...Good GOD that was awesome!!
You've got another year of waiting at the very least. But for the price that the new consoles will likely go for, you'd be able to build a PC that's capable of running BF3 on high now.

Grinchy said:
That looks fucking incredible. Awful trailer, but incredible footage. I have changed my mind; If my computer could handle BF3, I would be a guinea pig for Origin.
Yeah, the game looks so good that it's pretty much impossible to show gameplay and have it look bad, even if the trailer itself is poorly put together. Quite a feat.

Evolved1 said:
I said this exact thing a couple days ago... but had to retract since apparently the BF3 shots I was referencing were admitted bullshots. But these aren't.

After Codemasters' shit I was thinking something like this was at least another hardware cycle away... thank Christ for DICE. I love them.

Yeah, I kinda forgot that while MP looks great, SP is gonna look even better.

Sethos

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
I hope you guys been spamming dice on twitter about adding that Dinosaur mode.

I took the boat to Sweden, that's a 20 minute trip and looked up some of the developers from DICE. Found one, visited his home and started knocking on his door, going through his trash and writing "Dinosaur DLC" all over his house.

Got a restraining order.

What are you guys doing?

Sethos said:
I took the boat to Sweden, that's a 20 minute trip and looked up some of the developers from DICE. Found one, visited his home and started knocking on his door, going through his trash and writing "Dinosaur DLC" all over his house.

Got a restraining order.

What are you guys doing?
I sent an email :(

Mr. Snrub said:
They're timed unlocks. Everyone will have access without having to purchase them.
oh yeah you're right, I forgot the fan bitching changed it:

Originally the "Physical Warfare Pack" was to be exclusive to pre-orders, but fan reaction to this was negative, causing EA to clarify that it would be made available to all players for free later in the year.
-wikipedia

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Not sure if you've seen this before, but from what my trusted "source" told me, the beta will start:

September 27!

(Yeah, I wrote that piece and it creates more drama that way, no?)

Thoughts? By the way, at least two people have said the same date to me...so that's why I'm reporting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom