• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

That's of course true, but many players (I dare say it is actually most of the players) like me who don't care about these "favorite characters" enough will just go with Lyn solely for gameplay reasons. Not because I like her the most, but because how unfair the design choices (movement type, weapon, skills) among the four are. Not only that, Lyn has the huge advantage of being colorless so people can utilize the free pick chance to completely avoid the colorless hell.

I don't like unfair games at all but we have to accept the reality. You can play one of such unfair game very soon which the the coming VG, because this hugely balance-disrupting CYL is going to turn this seemingly "matches between the most popular" into one-way massacres.

I'll be able to hold my own. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never compete with those with +10 5* Heroes, but I'm doing pretty well.

No single unit is going to dominate the whole game.

Busaiku

I don't like unfair games at all but we have to accept the reality. You can play one of such extremely unfair games very soon which is the coming VG, because this hugely balance-disrupting CYL is going to turn this seemingly "matches between the most popular" into one-way massacres.
Voting Gauntlet uses the regular versions.

That's of course true, but many players (I dare say it is actually most of the players) like me who don't care about these "favorite characters" enough will just go with Lyn solely for gameplay reasons. Not because I like her the most, but because how unfair the design choices (movement type, weapon, skills) among the four are. Not only that, Lyn has the huge advantage of being colorless so people can utilize the free pick chance to completely avoid the colorless hell.

I don't like unfair games at all but we have to accept the reality. You can play one of such extremely unfair games very soon which is the coming VG, because this hugely balance-disrupting CYL is going to turn this seemingly "matches between the most popular" into one-way massacres.

Considering that a) meta has only had limited effects at best so far in gauntlets and b) said gauntlet isn't even going to feature the specific new CYL units....probably not?

If anything the "meta matters" outcome is Hector just upsetting everybody.

champloo

These skill descriptions are becoming so verbose it's a bit confusing. Like, is Ike seriously doing 1.5x damage against fliers and cavalry?

Glad that we are getting some unit-locked B skills, interesting if it becomes a trend.

These skill descriptions are becoming so verbose it's a bit confusing. Like, is Ike seriously doing 1.5x damage against fliers and cavalry?

Glad that we are getting some unit-locked B skills, interesting if it becomes a trend.

Uh, no? Ike is just negating the buffs.

Ninferno

Considering that a) meta has only had limited effects at best so far in gauntlets and b) said gauntlet isn't even going to feature the specific new CYL units....probably not?

If anything the "meta matters" outcome is Hector just upsetting everybody.

I wasn't talking about being meta or not affects VGs; I was talking about the fact of people having a character or not affects VGs (because of 10%). But yes, I was wrong if the VG are using the regular versions rather than the CYL versions. Sorry about that.

Anyway, curious when https://support.fire-emblem-heroes.com/voting_gauntlet/tournaments/6 will be up. For meming purposes, Hecotr will probably face Roy in the first round. Would be fun to see how that turns out.

Ninferno

No. It's only nullifying their buffs, like Lyn's nullifying blade buffs. The English translation is a bit misleading.

Ike's B-skill is mistranslated. He just negates buffs from horse/flying units during engagements. Effective against being there is a mistake because in the game's lexicon that means a 1.5x damage bonus.

Vena

The BST do not appear to be boosted.

Roy's 154 (+3 from Durandal) is on point with cavs.

Ike/Lucina's calculated stats put him at 157-158.

Lyn's picture floating around is not normal, she has three skils and her stats are clearly inflated. (All other versions of Lyn have 28 attack so...)

I think the "boost" is in relation to their legendaries granting them a "boost". Ike and Lucina will have 160-161 due to their +3 bonus, Roy will have 157, and Lyn will have 147-148.

So if you gave a (potentially 28 attack) Lyn Brave Bow, she'd drop to one of the lowest BSTs in the game.

Ninferno

The BST do not appear to be boosted.

Roy's 154 (+3 from Durandal) is on point with cavs.

Ike/Lucina's calculated stats put him at 157-158.

Lyn's picture floating around is not normal, she has three skils and her stats are clearly inflated. (All other versions of Lyn have 28 attack so...)

I think the "boost" is in relation to their legendaries granting them a "boost". Ike and Lucina will have 160-161 due to their +3 bonus, Roy will have 157, and Lyn will have 147-148.

So if you gave a (potentially 28 attack) Lyn Brave Bow, she'd drop to one of the lowest BSTs in the game.

Lowest BST has not stopped Mr. Tinyhands though.

Anyway, yeah won't go apeshit just yet until we have confirmed stats of those four, especially Lyn. Maybe IS is treating her as a Sacaean village girl, who knows. lol

Sölf

Okay, so I am most interested in Ike, followed by Lyn. However, I will probably try to get Lyn to avoid Colorless Hell. I've been there for Innes, I don't want to return there again so soon.

spiritfox

Considering how crazy horse and flier buffs are, it is not lame at all.

Anyway, I will be interested to see if this only affect Hone/Fortify or it affects Goad/Ward as well.

They specifically listed Fortifies and Rallies so I expect only buff and not combat boosts.

spiritfox

Got Eliwood. And Corrin M. Bah.

BTW are we still getting the free summon for the CYL banner since we're already getting a free 5*?

Ninferno

They specifically listed Fortifies and Rallies so I expect only buff and not combat boosts.

Cool. Thanks.

Anyway, free pull on VG male nets me a Beruka and VG female nets me a Draug. Alright game; it's not like I was expecting Hector or Tharja at all!

Free summon was a bust. No Green Orbs showed up on Block A, so I just picked a random Orb. I have no interest in any other colors. Got 3* Hana and ran.

Went to Block B, and summoned from the three Red Stones. Received nothing good from those either.

I only lost 8 Orbs, so no biggie. I have all of the competitors except for Lyn, so I will have no problems with scoring.

DITI7XuXcAA2Y_A.jpg

Is it me or 2/3 or them are feathers materials ? (Sorry I just noticed I asked a lot of questions, I'm still kinda lost after all these months not playing hahah)

No green orb for yolo Hector but I did get a free 5* Tharja from the ladies banner though.

Priorities are now get Ike CYL then start pulling for Hector with my remaining orbs. Please let me do this f2p

*Male CYL banner*
Maybe I'll get Hector.

ARTHUR'D

*Female CYL banner*
I guess I'll try for Camilla

OHOHO!

Thanks, game.

EDIT:
+Res/-Atk. Well at least he's Hector. Maybe IS will let us change banes/boons in the next update.

Sölf

"Okay, time to pull Hector from the male ba-"
No green summons

3* Stahl appears

"Well, I can still try to get Tharja from the female ba-"
No red summons

4* Beruka appears

Yes, fuck you too game.

alcheim

I see my terrible luck still hasn't improved. Just got another 3* Palla and 4* Priscilla on today's free pulls. Come on FEH, it's been weeks since I got a 5*.

Ninferno

First free 5* pull! +hp - atk Lucina. Time to merge with my better one!

Didn't get a green orb on the men's banner. :\

If you care about arena scoring, consider giving Aether to a support unit of your arena core (if any, like dancers), maybe even everybody in your arena cores (both regular and AA). Aether might not be that helpful in terms of combat without paring with charge accelerating skills, but it helps arena scoring a lot. It is equivalent to 1.5 merge compared to 200SP skills like Moonbow.

If not, then yeah by all means, merge it.

Ninferno

I see my terrible luck still hasn't improved. Just got another 3* Palla and 4* Priscilla on today's free pulls. Come on FEH, it's been weeks since I got a 5*.

Palla is a very valuable SI fodder though; I will never have enough Pallas. Literally every skill she carries is useful, some (Moonbow, Goad Filers for Flier Emblem) are even vital. She can even be a good member of Flier Emblem when she has a good nature.

Ninferno

Thanks, figured this would be the case.

These new weapons are insane though, legendary weapons used to only have a lv2 skill effect.

Yep, the power creep is real. However, regarding legendary weapons' built-in lv2 common skill, built-in DC has long been a thing and that is a 300SP skill like, lv4 skill?

redcrayon

I wonder how much money they'll make from people trying to collect the cyl set.

Interesting that a lot of the new abilities are about counters to existing ones.

I refuse to waste skills on units with sub-optimal stats. I'll keep Hector level 1 for the gauntlet and hope RNGesus gives me another Hector with better IVs.

If you care about arena scoring, consider giving Aether to a support unit of your arena core (if any, like dancers), maybe even everybody in your arena cores (both regular and AA). Aether might not be that helpful in terms of combat without paring with charge accelerating skills, but it helps arena scoring a lot. It is equivalent to 1.5 merge compared to 200SP skills like Moonbow.

If not, then yeah by all means, merge it.

I've had no trouble hitting 20 in arena every other week. That and I had already merged her. Should have trained her a bit to transfer some skills during the merge but my barracks was full and I wasn't thinking. lol

alcheim

Palla is a very valuable SI fodder though; I will never have enough Pallas. Literally every skill she carries is useful, some (Moonbow, Goad Filers for Flier Emblem) are even vital. She can even be a good member of Flier Emblem when she has a good nature.

Yep, agreed. I already use Palla for Flier Emblem.
Got a good IV one a few months back, and raised her from 3* to 4* +6, then just promoted her to 5*.

Just getting really annoyed that all these free pulls from the banners got me nothing I need.

At least bow cavalry Lyn is guaranteed

So after almost a month of sniping blues, getting my pity rate reset with SXander (no blues) and Roderick (+ATK though), I finally got SCorrin. +HP -RES which doesn't touch her ATK or SPD so I'm fine with that. Probably spent about 200 orbs on that banner.

Top Bottom