• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

JTripper

I'm not sure how I feel about this game yet. Like, I'm interested in playing it and super happy that DD is free since he's the character I'd like to play as, but so far (I've played maybe 1 or 2 hours of beta) I fail to see the long-term draw. Is it just for people who enjoy grinding? Is the co-op that great?

Toki767

I'm not sure how I feel about this game yet. Like, I'm interested in playing it and super happy that DD is free since he's the character I'd like to play as, but so far (I've played maybe 1 or 2 hours of beta) I fail to see the long-term draw. Is it just for people who enjoy grinding? Is the co-op that great?

What are your thoughts on Diablo?

I've been reading reviews on steam and it doesn't sound like there is much long term

The longterm appeal is that it's a Diablo knockoff with way more classes, worse combat, worse loot, and character design that isn't a bunch of skeletons.

Either that works for you or it doesn't.

JTripper

What are your thoughts on Diablo?

I've been reading reviews on steam and it doesn't sound like there is much long term

The longterm appeal is that it's a Diablo knockoff with way more classes, worse combat, worse loot, and character design that isn't a bunch of skeletons.

Either that works for you or it doesn't.

Sounds like it doesn't :/

I did have fun with Diablo 3 though, but only when I was playing with friends. I didn't max out any characters or anything either.

anddo0

This game controls way better on PC.. I'm swinging at air more than I'm hitting enemies on PS4. The lack of precision is very off putting. I think this game would benefit from a soft lock on. I've played mostly as Psylocke and I'm flying all over the place, combat isn't fluid at all.

Kyolux

What should I be doing to get currency to buy heroes?

Only just finished the tutorial with Dr. Strange.

Just play the story, do some patrols, ops. Everything drops it.

Drop rate isn't that bad if you're enjoying the game.

After the tutorial, do the promogue and you should have enough to buy any of the non-premium characters too.

Maybesew

Lazy question, but now that we are in open beta, does the progress carry over to the full release?

The game seems limited compared to PC. Do we know if they plan to add pets and/or squad member/teammates?

Toki767

Lazy question, but now that we are in open beta, does the progress carry over to the full release?

The game seems limited compared to PC. Do we know if they plan to add pets and/or squad member/teammates?

There will be no more wipes apparently. I guess at some point the game will just not be a beta anymore.

Z3M0G

How do i get into open beta?? I dont see it on psn store...

Edit: wtf you gotta pay dont you... :/

I hate that they call that an "Open" beta. Just fucking call it early access.

Menome

How do i get into open beta?? I dont see it on psn store...

Edit: wtf you gotta pay dont you... :/

I hate that they call that an "Open" beta. Just fucking call it early access.

I'm sure I saw the Open version on the store earlier and a friend of mine was playing it. It's definitely no longer in "pay to enter" mode anymore (UK here).

Hyun Sai

I don't quite understand the Ultimate levelling system. In order to level an Ultimate you're forced to spend real money in Gold ?

I don't quite understand the Ultimate levelling system. In order to level an Ultimate you're forced to spend real money in Gold ?

You can level it up by buying upgrade tokens for 200 splinters each or by turning in duplicate hero unlock tokens for that hero (which you might earn from events, giveaways, random boxes, etc.) Or at least that's how pc works.

You can level it up by buying upgrade tokens for 200 splinters each or by turning in duplicate hero unlock tokens for that hero (which you might earn from events, giveaways, random boxes, etc.) Or at least that's how pc works.

On console it's paid currency only. Either buying directly or through the paid loot boxes.

Toki767

Setting Magik aside since I can't beat her Cosmic Trial.

Started Spider-Man and lol at his rapid fire web shooting.

So far I've earned around 250 Eternity Splinters.

If it wasn't for the extra 400 for the closed beta, I wouldn't have nearly enough to buy another 525 character let alone a 775 one.

The Splinters drop rate isn't good enough with no real end game.

abundant

I'm so conflicted with this game. On one hand I hate Gaz's price gouging techniques and find them kind of unintuitive because it discourages people to keep playing, which is what I'd think should be the goal of every F2P game.

On the other hand, Gaz has done a fairly good job at making most heroes feel unique. I've tried out most of them and, for the most part, would be willing to keep playing if it wasn't for the price hike nonsense they pulled. Right now I fully leveled the Hulk and got Daredevil to lvl 38. After I fully level him, I'm thinking of using my splinters to purchase either Iceman or Dr. Strange.

Hyun Sai

I'm so conflicted with this game. On one hand I hate Gaz's price gouging techniques and find them kind of unintuitive because it discourages people to keep playing, which is what I'd think should be the goal of every F2P game.

Yeah, that's the saddest part. The game is fun, but is crippled by greedy business decisions and got terrible word of mouth because of it.

It's like the devs are completely out of touch with what makes people hooked in a F2P.

I never felt this sensation of blatant cash grab in Warframe for example. And the game is successful, console or PC, without any Marvel hook.

Hyun Sai

On console it's paid currency only. Either buying directly or through the paid loot boxes.

I made a post on the official forum, and we got this response :

So we turned on the option to purchase the Ultimate Token with 200 ES. We are always looking into costs and they are always in review.

Thanks!

Just noticed they added the option to upgrade the ultimate for 200 splinters. Even if the ammount needed is ridiculous, it's a first step. A luck the Ultimates are not needed (for now) to progress in the game.

So the Founder's packs finally launched in Australia, but the promised free Daredevil and Man Without Fear costume are still absent with no ETA.

The 500G and 1100G packs are also unavailable. Meaning in order to upgrade your stash, you need to spend roughly $20 USD for the 2100G pack.

I made a post on the official forum, and we got this response :

Just noticed they added the option to upgrade the ultimate for 200 splinters. Even if the ammount needed is ridiculous, it's a first step. A luck the Ultimates are not needed (for now) to progress in the game.

Upgrading your Ultimate reduces its cooldown and increases the damage for your Ultimate and your Signature attack. But you don't need to worry about that stuff until you have top level gear and you're doing the hard versions of the end-game content. And I don't even think they have brought most of that to consoles yet.

So far I've earned around 250 Eternity Splinters.

If it wasn't for the extra 400 for the closed beta, I wouldn't have nearly enough to buy another 525 character let alone a 775 one.

The Splinters drop rate isn't good enough with no real end game.

This is part of why I stopped playing on PC, that and the intuitive inventory ect. and massive amounts of event items without much explanation. Would log in a few months after not playing and have like hot dogs, odin marks, treasure chest, and what not and have 0 clue what they were for.

The final fights with Doom and Loki are the only times the game gets difficult.

On PC, the raids, Danger Room, and cosmic patrols can kill you quickly if you're not geared or paying attention.

I haven't experienced death yet on the PS4 with three max level characters.

The final fights with Doom and Loki are the only times the game gets difficul.
So is the hook of the game buying and collecting different characters and not really beating the game? When I heard the game was pretty cheap, I thought it meant it was impossible to beat until you spend some money or something.

So is the hook of the game buying and collecting different characters and not really beating the game? When I heard the game was pretty cheap, I thought it meant it was impossible to beat until you spend some money or something.

It's a Diablo clone, so beating it isn't really the end goal as much as grinding for loot. So if the loot grind hooks you, you can play forever without dropping money (though with how they handled inventory on consoles, you will probably want to at least expand it some).

The hook for most people is buying and leveling characters though, like you said, and that and costumes are where they've put up the pay walls.

Blablurn

Question:

I downloaded the Beta and started a game with Deadpool.

Do I keep him now for good or will I have to get my own character later on?

Will there be another reset or will character delopment stay as it is?

mackaveli

It's a Diablo clone, so beating it isn't really the end goal as much as grinding for loot. So if the loot grind hooks you, you can play forever without dropping money (though with how they handled inventory on consoles, you will probably want to at least expand it some).

The hook for most people is buying and leveling characters though, like you said, and that and costumes are where they've put up the pay walls.

What's the grind for loot like?

I'm 60 and have cosmic gear. I go to marvelheroes.info for builds and they all have like unique items for each gear slot. But it looks like PS4 only have legendary weapon?

So all I do is grind 300 legendary marks to get one weapon and then thats it? Like how do I get BIS gear like in the builds on marvelheroes.info?

thanks.

I'm 60 and have cosmic gear. I go to marvelheroes.info for builds and they all have like unique items for each gear slot. But it looks like PS4 only have legendary weapon?

So all I do is grind 300 legendary marks to get one weapon and then thats it? Like how do I get BIS gear like in the builds on marvelheroes.info?

thanks.

uniques drop everywhere but mainly in patrol areas

basically it goes uniques

artifacts

legendary

uru forged thing

upgrading uniques to level 69

that's it

thanks.

No uniques on console. You're basically looking for well-rolled cosmics and artifacts, and having a leveled legendary. Then it's grinding for infinity points. Console is missing almost the entire endgame the PC version has, which I think is their biggest downfall right now, even including their pricing structure.

Omega items are supposed to be put in down the line as a new carrot to grind for (that will also replace uniques on PC), but how well that will be implemented remains to be seen.

What's Uru forged thing? and how do you upgrade uniques to level 69?

No Uru or upgrades on console. The Uru's are kind of replaced by one of the vendors, who offers buffs on gear you can grind for that are similar to the PC versions enchants.

Top Bottom