• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

xrnzaaas

The hyperbole is real, played jc3 unpatched on a base ps4 just fine. Offcourse theres slowdown thats the kind of game it is.
In any case, couldn't care less, bought the discounted season pass and have a pro so im set

I don't know about the state of the unpatched game (or were you talking about day1 patch?), but the later patches have made the game perform worse and they didn't fix that.

I don't know about the state of the unpatched game (or were you talking about day1 patch?), but the later patches have made the game perform worse and they didn't fix that.

I had the game on launch day. Its the only game I've ever sold due to horrible performance after two days.

It was like shooting in slowmotion at 22fps.

Dude, there is no hyperbole. On launch it was already constantly dropping to 22-24fps on a base PS4. This is verified by Digital Foundry.

After all the patches, the game runs even worse.

Stop defending a broken game and yelling "Hyperbole!" When the game is clearly terrible performance wise.

People defending this practice of pushing DLC to sale while the base gake is broken as fuck, is in my mind truly insane. I know you've paid momey for it so you feel some need to defend it, but wow.

You want me to rewind the clock and make my experience unplayable?
It was fine for me and ill stick to that narrative.

shamanick

You want me to rewind the clock and make my experience unplayable?
It was fine for me and ill stick to that narrative.

I played through JC3 and the performance was bad but nowhere near the "unplayable mess" a lot of people in this thread are claiming. Then again I did plat Skyrim on the PS3 and I used to play WoW on a PC that hit about .1 FPS in Shattrath so I think I have a higher tolerance for this stuff

cool the ps4 is finally getting a mix of aaa and other games.

my vita's screen broke a few months ago, any of the recent offerings worth me getting a replacement?

Guess who ended up happier for it?

So what? Does it make the game actually run better? No.

Have the devs patched any of the performance issues where the game drops to 1 or 2 fps? No.

So I'm really glad to hear out of so many, you are one of the few who seemingly "never" had any issues. That really warms my heart.

So what? Does it make the game actually run better? No.

Have the devs patched any of the performance issues where the game drops to 1 or 2 fps? No.

So I'm really glad to hear out of so many, you are one of the few who seemingly "never" had any issues. That really warms my heart.

I never said that tho? I mean i literally said there are slowdowns but if lying makes you feel like you make a strong argument go ahead.

Unless this is accompanied by a substantial, meaningful patch, including JC3 is a bit of a slap to the face. I'm no performance hound, but that game makes me feel ill on my base PS4.

I never said that tho? I mean i literally said there are slowdowns but if lying makes you feel like you make a strong argument go ahead.

You said there are slowdowns, but "thats the kind of game it is".

So yeah, its 30fps when you literally aren't shooting at anything.

It only drops when there is action onscreen.

Which is the entire point of the game to cause chaos.

I'm done debating this with anyone, the game runs like shit and we have plenty of Digital Foundry videos to back that up. It ran like garbage at launch, and has only gotten worse as time went on.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Would it be possible that the game runs even smoother on Boost mode without any patches?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I had ZERO idea Sony was allowing PS+ members to rent movies for the cheap. Doing that RIGHT NOW!!!

Dr. A

My experience with JC3 on my PS4 Pro last month was fine. Mind you this was only for the first 2 hours. There was a little slowdown but still playable, I guess I haven't gotten to the crazier action set-pieces yet.

PhantomThief, I know you think you trying to educate folk on the game's performance but let them give it a whirl and see for themselves. Your anger is palpable throughout the thread 🙂

My experience with JC3 on my PS4 Pro last month was fine. Mind you this was only for the first 2 hours. There was a little slowdown but still playable, I guess I haven't gotten to the crazier action set-pieces yet.

PhantomThief, I know you think you trying to educate folk on the game's performance but let them give it a whirl and see for themselves. Your anger is palpable throughout the thread 🙂

Well, that's the thing... You have a Pro. The game is fine on a Pro.

It's people on the regular PS4 that are getting a game that barely works.

xrnzaaas

Would it be possible that the game runs even smoother on Boost mode without any patches?

I don't know. But generally from what I hear it's pretty decent on the Pro with any patch, you don't have to curse the devs for breaking the game and leaving it like that instead of reverting back to a patch that provided better overall performance.

KORNdoggy

The game freezes completly, will not bother with this.

never in my 20+ hours did i experience any of that. but i did play during i think, 1.2 and 1.3. i heard it got worse the more it was updated. it's a shame you can't roll back updates on PS4.

BigEmil

Even on the Pro this game has disgusting drops, shameful that they just released it in this state and called it a day never bothered to fix it, still sells the mainstream console audience don't care and have low standards for performance in games.

Briarios

I have a pro now, but I didnt when I bought the game and it was more than playable. I beat the game. The biggest issue, which is far more indefensible, were the insane load times. But, the game was fun enough.

Guppeth

DwtjvSKl.png

but in cart

97mm56t.png

Maybe an EU store glitch? I'll wait until tomorrow.

cool the ps4 is finally getting a mix of aaa and other games.

my vita's screen broke a few months ago, any of the recent offerings worth me getting a replacement?

downwell is amazing on vita as can turn the vita into portait mode and works really well, loving neon chrome on the go too.

autoduelist

I have a pro now, but I didnt when I bought the game and it was more than playable. I beat the game. The biggest issue, which is far more indefensible, were the insane load times. But, the game was fun enough.

I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy the hell out of JC3 on my regular Ps4. I've watched the videos, even this last one where it pretty much freezes...and... yeah, I'll still enjoy it. It certainly won't be the first game I've enjoyed with drops like that, and it seems like it's only during big explosions so easy to ignore for me.

MUnited83

For you.

Now try the DLCs and whatch as your performance devolves into a broken state once again.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If it's crossplay does that mean I need the Vita version to play the PS4 one? Or can I just download onto my PS4 without Vita?

Top Bottom