• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss Super Mario Strikers and its Personality. (Waluigi GIF alert)

Neiteio

They made two installments of Mario football. Third time's the charm, isn't it?
But when will they make a real Mario Football?

You know, real football — where you use your hands, and the ball is shaped like an egg.

797421732_1200263.gif

Absolutely loved these games. A lot of charisma and a lot more interesting than FIFA and PES in terms of gameplay mechanics IMO.

We need another one, please nintendo.

Linkark07

Banned
I absolutely loved the art style and the soundtrack and the craziness in the field. Plus, the characters have so much personality.

Would love another Mario Strikers on the Switch.

Strikers charged was dope, fond memories of it as Nintendo's first online game on Wii in Europe where me and my pal would go on Kong based rampages alongside Mega Mole, Shyguy and Boo.

This was the only game where Shyguy's mask was capable of expressions that I can recall.

Griss

I was just playing this last night. Not a great game, but not a bad one either and it has tons of potential.

But yeah, as I was playing it I was thinking, 'handler, Mario has never been this edgy before or since'. Not sure I like it but as a once off it was entertaining.

I was just playing this last night. Not a great game, but not a bad one either and it has tons of potential.

But yeah, as I was playing it I was thinking, 'handler, Mario has never been this edgy before or since'. Not sure I like it but as a once off it was entertaining.

I absolutely hate edginess, but what they did is fun stupid edge, like just the limit of it (celebrations and angry faces, that you can find in a normal football match) for me to not hate it.

I still love OG strikers to this day, absolutely hated what Charged ended up being however. If they walked some of that back I'd be totally down for a new strikers game on the Switch.

Same here. Charged was a little too much for me. The first Strikers game was awesome though.

Ivan 3414

I like the original game. The Wii sequel had way too many moving parts and messy gimmicks.

Hope the series returns in some form

Had no clue these games were so hard core, its kind of awesome to see that kind of violence and inuendo in a game with nintendo charactets

SalvaPot

Something I forgot to mention is how damn enjoyable playing this 2 vs 2 was. The pass mechanic (That made your shot stronger and harder to catch the more successful passes you have) made it a great game for co-op and mindgames.

I'll go as far as to say that a third game with proper patching will have eSports potential.

Anna Caroline

Neo Member
Excellent series, the Wii game, and my a friend and I were a surprise success. There is soccer in the latest 3DS Mario Sports game, right?
Is it not
the Strikers, basically?
No matter how much bullshit and cheap
shit happened to me, I completely adored Paid.
Just before they tried to take a shot on his target or a hammer brother crushing the goalie with hammers before kicking it in? Seeing stuff like the goalie drop-kicking someone in mid-air?

Anna Caroline

Neo Member
Something I forgot to note is how awfully fun this 2 vs 2 was to play. The pass mechanic made it a great game for co-op and mind games (that made your shot stronger and harder to catch the more effective passes you have).
I'll go as far as to suggest that eSports would have the potential for the third game with proper patching.
I assumed I was a hot Wii shit before I went online and played it. I'm also recuperating.

Anna Caroline

Neo Member
I absolutely hate edginess, but what they did, like just the limit of it (celebrations and angry faces you would find in a regular football game), is a fun dumb edge for me not to hate it.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Wonder what happened to the two posts the person that necro bumped the thread above me ?
Goes from post # 80 to mine at # 83.🤔

Top Bottom