• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

Beelzebub

Wow I'm salty, yesterday I called Best Buy and the representative said it was unavailable. Today I visit the website today, and it went from UNAVAILABLE to PREORDER NOW for pickup on 2/1/13. so I just called and she's goes aren't you the same person from the other day? anyway, let me see... yes we actually have it available but...OH we sold them all. -_-

In my area, the Best Buy's have a release date of 2/1 and show available for pre-order. I went and ordered it this morning, electing to pick up at a store. Less than 10 min later, I get a email saying the item is now unavailable.

Gah. Now my local GameStops are saying the bundle wont be available till the 5th. Whoever said this was a happy clusterfuck was wrong. This is definitely a sad clusterfuck.

Jarate

Banned
Just called my Gamestop

They said they might have an extremely limited stock on monday or tuesday (can't remember which one) and that they should get into contact with me later

hopefully the fact that I preordered super early and im really good friends with the guys there will secure me a copy. Im saving up a half battle of bourbon and some pot to play fire emblem.

vareon

Gah. Now my local GameStops are saying the bundle wont be available till the 5th. Whoever said this was a happy clusterfuck was wrong. This is definitely a sad clusterfuck.

I did. And my shipment wouldn't come until the 10th at the very least. I am so sorry '_'

Anyone else fucking excited? I've had a huge urge to play a good SRPG and that urge has not been filled since Tactics Ogre for PSP.

Wow I'm salty, yesterday I called Best Buy and the representative said it was unavailable. Today I visit the website today, and it went from UNAVAILABLE to PREORDER NOW for pickup on 2/1/13. so I just called and she's goes aren't you the same person from the other day? anyway, let me see... yes we actually have it available but...OH we sold them all. -_-

If it makes you feel better, they didn't actually sell them all, they just don't have the game yet to begin with. The lady has no knowledge and just sees that its on sale and they don't have any, so she told you they sold them.

Just the idea of not having to dick around with pre-orders, wondering when I will receive a package or driving to a store makes going digital all worthwhile.

Until you realize it's Nintendo. And Nintendo's stone age account system is the absolute worst.

I can't even think about going digital with Nintendo and I really want this game and this clusterfuck of a release is... Ngh.

Chrom

Dammit. I suppose I'll look into calling soon about my situation, then.

Except when you lose your 3DS and you lose ALL OF YOUR PURCHASES. It's happened to people on GAF as well. Only reason I'm not going digital on this.

And if you lost your 3ds with a case full of games it would be the same. At least with club nintendo linking you might have a shot of recovery.

MrDaravon

And if you lost your 3ds with a case full of games it would be the same. At least with club nintendo linking you might have a shot of recovery.

By virtually every account of people this has happened to linking with CN does absolutely nothing and they still can't help you. Your scenario only applies if you're someone who is carrying around a case of games with your system which I don't think is the case for most people here. If I lose my 3DS all I'm going to lose if the cart that's inside it, but if I went all digital I would lose every game I own.

Cheska

:sigh: What's worse if that I have both the bundle and a physical copy of the game pre-ordered.

Anyone who's ordered from Gamestop.com that's gotten a shipping confirmation email? I opted for the overnight shipping due to having a gift card and haven't gotten an email yet =\ Really hope they can reimburse some of the shipping cost or something due to being so wacked out with this whole predicament.

Hale-XF11

Except when you lose your 3DS and you lose ALL OF YOUR PURCHASES. It's happened to people on GAF as well. Only reason I'm not going digital on this.

I think I have a better chance of losing a tiny game card than I do my 3DS. That being said, I've never lost a game card.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
By virtually every account of people this has happened to linking with CN does absolutely nothing and they still can't help you. Your scenario only applies if you're someone who is carrying around a case of games with your system which I don't think is the case for most people here. If I lose my 3DS all I'm going to lose if the cart that's inside it, but if I went all digital I would lose every game I own.

Wait, you can only download it once? Once it's on your machine, that's it?

So just an FYI.
Went to the mall today
Best Buy while listing as available on the 1st, isnt getting any until the 4th. However in Kingston, NY they are only getting 6 shipped in for Monday.
Gamestop on the other hand, what they did, which is why there are no preorders or people believing sold out is..... in an assinine move the switched the SKU's in the store and removed the game only SKU and replaced it with the package system SKU. So to preorder you'd have to preorder the bundle.
So I'd imagine they will only get around 10-15 copies.
Anyway that's my findings for today, just thought I'd share.

Wait, you can only download it once? Once it's on your machine, that's it?

No but it is linked TO THAT 3DS and only that 3DS, unless you get another one and perform a transfer. It's not like PS3 where you login and can get all of your downloads, because Nintendo has no management system for acounts

So just an FYI.
Went to the mall today
Best Buy while listing as available on the 1st, isnt getting any until the 4th. However in Kingston, NY they are only getting 6 shipped in for Monday.
Gamestop on the other hand, what they did, which is why there are no preorders or people believing sold out is..... in an assinine move the switched the SKU's in the store and removed the game only SKU and replaced it with the package system SKU. So to preorder you'd have to preorder the bundle.
So I'd imagine they will only get around 10-15 copies.
Anyway that's my findings for today, just thought I'd share.

This makes sense, when I went to GS on Thursday they told me it was too late to preorder the game but I could still preorder the bundle which left me baffled.

Shadow780

I pre-ordered the bundle, the clerk tried putting down manually for game-only but it didn't work, figured I just sell off the system somehow. Good thing is I can still get the artbook.

I pre-ordered the bundle, the clerk tried putting down manually for game-only but it didn't work, figured I just sell off the system somehow. Good thing is I can still get the artbook.

The game is installed in the system, not a hard copy. In case you didn't know.

Pikma

Banned
I don't know what to do :(
I want the retail version because of DAT Boxart but I don't want to risk not finding a copy in the first few days so I probably go digital, but I just don't know, maybe I buy it that way then a few months down the line I buy the retail version. :(

Hieberrr

I want the retail version because of DAT Boxart but I don't want to risk not finding a copy in the first few days so I probably go digital, but I just don't know, maybe I buy it that way then a few months down the line I buy the retail version. :(

Just buy retail. I'm doing it because I want the physical copy + box.

You can wait a few days :p

GSR

Stopped by my GS while getting groceries and they told me they'll have it some time between the 4th and the 8th, but they don't know when.

Also apparently this mix-up means they won't be sending out "the game is available" texts to people who have preordered, so they told me to call them between the 4th and 8th to find out when to come in.

LOCK

If every store gets 5 copies and is practically sold out, this is nothing but a great result for Nintendo and us FE fans.

Lets hope it continues.

zroid

Banned

You want this too

aYuAgej.png

admit it! AND SUCCUMB :D

I'm sure it's not just me but when I leave the house I do so to not expose myself to what I'm around daily. I would never take a handheld with me outside of my house as I value my electronics. Same for the bathroom, in and out as fast as possible like a timed explosion.

Bullza2o

Just stuck $40 on my eShop account in preparation. Glad I won't have to wait after release, at least.

I checked my local Best Buy earlier, and no copies were in there. Of course, I expected that, and my purpose for going there was to buy the $35 eShop card to get this game tomorrow night.

I'm surprised at the seemingly low supply for this game.

Just went to Best Buy to ask when they'll receive their shipments. Not for a few weeks, they said. OK. So I took a few hours to refund the preorder and just buy some points cards.

Top Bottom