• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony adds PayPal as a payment method for PSN

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dunno how big this is in europe but the dutch Playstation twitter also posted a logocutout of IDEAL.

which is awesome, basically means direct bank transfer support.

edit: And ofc im late, couldnt post at work -_-

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
By the way, if ever this is implemented in the US store, does this mean that anyone abroad can put load in their account via PayPal.

Lumine

Bloody excellent, haven't had a CC in a while. So outside WipeOut HD (which I already have) and I guess Flower and Journey (which I'll pick up soon because of this), any notable PSN releases one should get?

Bloody excellent, haven't had a CC in a while. So outside WipeOut HD (which I already have) and I guess Flower and Journey (which I'll pick up soon because of this), any notable PSN releases one should get?

WipeOut Fury ;)
PixelJunk Sidescroller, Shooter, Shooter 2, Monsters

tsab

I wanted to test their warning to see if they just saying that or they will enforce it.

"Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account. For example, if your Sony Entertainment Network account was set up in France, you will only be able to use PayPal™ if your PayPal™ account billing address is also in France."

So I made a payment to my UK account with my Greek Paypal Account.
The payment went through, I have no funds added yet. Sony must process the payment first. Probably they will reject it.

So enforced, I guess

LuchaShaq

Banned
I advise anyone not to use paypal if possible.

They are one of the morally scummiest internet companies.

Also they will fuck you and literally steal your shit for little to no reason.

Dibbz

What do you mean? I use them often and I've not ran into any problems. Is there something I should be looking out for?

A.Romero

My main account is from canada (same as my paypal account) but all my credit cards are from mexico.

Will i be able to buy gran the canadian store or the country restriction is still in place?

You mean eBay... not Paypal.

Yes. Your account being locked for no good reason while they collect interest from your money.

I always have dual paypal/ebay accounts going so I can switch at any time if something like that comes up.

omenaa

Neo Member
I hope this will come to HK and JP. Would save lot of money.

EDIT:

Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account.

wasted opportunity..

SxP

Adding funds through iDeal is something I wanted since I got my PS3. I honestly never thought they would do it though.

SLV

OMG ! REALLY ? I can finally buy shit in the UK(lol Latvia) store without needing to buy a PSN card which usually has more moneys on it than the thing that i want to buy ? :O

I AM IN HEAVEN !

Waait, shit..... FUCK YOU SONY, make a goddamn PSN store in my country then !

vall03

wait what?! PSN account region needs to be the same with PayPal account region?! that sucks, I was able to use my non-US PayPal account on my US Xbox Live account no problems, and here I am rejoicing that PayPal will come to PSN... *sigh*

I have a stupid question regarding PSN accounts (particularly to add funds with paypal, but also in general).

I've never used the PSN website, so I go to login with the email/password I used when making a PSN account on the PS3 itself - my login details didn't work. I'm completely baffled, is the website account different to the account on the PS3?

Shahed

I have a stupid question regarding PSN accounts (particularly to add funds with paypal, but also in general).

I've never used the PSN website, so I go to login with the email/password I used when making a PSN account on the PS3 itself - my login details didn't work. I'm completely baffled, is the website account different to the account on the PS3?

It uses the same details as it's still your PSN account. Not trying to be patronising but are you 100% you got everything right? When I first logged in I'd forgotten both email and password since it's saved on PS3. I just reset password and everything was fine

It uses the same details as it's still your PSN account. Not trying to be patronising but are you 100% you got everything right? When I first logged in I'd forgotten both email and password since it's saved on PS3. I just reset password and everything was fine
Yeah, the password is stored in the PS3, so I've never entered it in since signing up way back. I guess I could have written it down wrong - reseting is the way to go. Thanks.

/blonde moment.

Haunted

No Germany? Goddamn fascists.

edit: here's hoping they'll have that sorted out when the PS4 is out, there's little interesting me on the PS3 PSN store anyway.

Got so excited when I saw this thread title, only to find it doesn't apply to the US store...guess I won't be getting Journey any time soon after all... :(

mao2

Wanted to buy Okami HD today, so decided to try the new PayPal option. Transaction failed, as PayPal said the payment's status is "Cancelled". Discovered then that my PayPal's address has to be the same as my PSN account's address (for no apparent reason). As Sony doesn't have my country in the selectable list when creating a PSN account, I was forced, long ago, to create my PSN account with an address from a neighbouring country (we're both in the EU though). Naturally this fake address isn't the same one I use with PayPal (which isn't a company from the stone age and lets me use my real address). Now I'm stuck using those stupid PSN cards, which have to be the exact same country's as my PSN address (again, for no apparent fucking reason), and even the new PayPal option is useless. I haven't touched my PS3 for a long time, but was kinda interested in PS+ and stuff, and would have probably bitten the bullet as an impulse buy via PayPal, but now I'm quite pissed off and am gonna go back to avoiding my PS3. Sony just doesn't want money.

tl;dr: Just found out that PSN PayPal is useless and wanted to rant.

Wanted to buy Okami HD today, so decided to try the new PayPal option. Transaction failed, as PayPal said the payment's status is "Cancelled". Discovered then that my PayPal's address has to be the same as my PSN account's address (for no apparent reason). As Sony doesn't have my country in the selectable list when creating a PSN account, I was forced, long ago, to create my PSN account with an address from a neighbouring country (we're both in the EU though). Naturally this fake address isn't the same one I use with PayPal (which isn't a company from the stone age and lets me use my real address). Now I'm stuck using those stupid PSN cards, which have to be the exact same country's as my PSN address (again, for no apparent fucking reason), and even the new PayPal option is useless. I haven't touched my PS3 for a long time, but was kinda interested in PS+ and stuff, and would have probably bitten the bullet as an impulse buy via PayPal, but now I'm quite pissed off and am gonna go back to avoiding my PS3. Sony just doesn't want money.

tl;dr: Just found out that PSN PayPal is useless and wanted to rant.

The full address needs to be the same or just the country?

mao2

Can't buy on disc 'cause I'm in Japan (but I have a US credit card with a US address).

$20 code hasn't been available for a while now..
Sorry for the late reply. If you're in Japan, you can buy Journey from Japan PS Store. The Japanese title is "風ノ旅ビト" (kaze no tabibito). As for the disc, you can import it from online stores like Play-Asia.
http://www.play-asia.com/Journey_Collectors_Edition/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-542b.html

Arla

Call me when they add exact funds like on the eShop. I don't wanna spend $20 when the thing I wanna buy costs a lot less than $20.

Top Bottom