• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just curious. Can you still catch them all in one cartridge? I mean, is it possible for someone to have all pokemon from Gen 1 transfer to Pokemon Superior Y?

We don't know about the transfer features yet. In BW2, you had access to a large amount of Pokemon, especially considering Dream World. Being able to trade online helps a lot as well, but the simple answer is no, you won't be able to catch them all with a single cart.

Hate to be the defence force here, but Serebii did actually buy and import a legit copy of Black. He posted an image of it a day or two later.

He downloaded it to start work on his site. Yeah, he fucked up, but it's not quite the heinous crime some of you are painting it as.

Gravijah

Audino means easy game. :(

audino doesn't make it any more or less easier. you can grind no matter what. what it does is easily allow you to constantly use new Pokemon in your team without having to sink a ton of time into it.

in BW & BW2 i was constantly switching new Pokemon in, and my team was always 6 deep.

We don't know about the transfer features yet. In BW2, you had access to a large amount of Pokemon, especially considering Dream World. Being able to trade online helps a lot as well, but the simple answer is no, you won't be able to catch them all with a single cart.

ugh, hope what we get is better than Dream World.

FSLink

Banned
Just curious. Can you still catch them all in one cartridge? I mean, is it possible for someone to have all pokemon from Gen 1 onward transfer to Pokemon Superior Y?

Yes, you should be able to have them all through trading/transferring from previous gens. Though from the original RBY games to the newest ones? No.

Hate to be the defence force here, but Serebii did actually buy and import a legit copy of Black. He posted an image of it a day or two later.

He downloaded it to start work on his site. Yeah, he fucked up, but it's not quite the heinous crime some of you are painting it as.

I'm just laughing at his slip-up. Obviously he need that content ASAP and has copies on the way ASAP too.

.JayZii

Banned
Just did a quick Froakie evolution sketch for fun.
FL1BR.jpg

Mr. RHC

I'm having a small emotional meltdown here. So many here have been there since GEN 1, look how far the series has come.

Now the handheld titles turn fully 3D.

FCo33.png

Single+Tear+Native+American.gif

*allthefeels* How am I supposed to feel? Proud?!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

It's easy to hate Serebii though, with the way he often comes off. Some of the threads on GameFAQs where he goes in and tries to defend himself have been hilarious over the years. Bringing up Bulbapedia in front of him, or telling him Serebii.net's site design is terrible may cause him to combust on the spot.

Kurtofan

Early pirated copies didn't allow for exp growth. Lulz Serebii was doing illegal shit.

When Black and White came out, Serebii of the famous Serebii.net "imported" them and then posted his impressions, including a segment about how you didn't seem to gain EXP in the first areas, which he assumed was a tutorial feature.

People quickly figured out that you gained EXP normally in legitimate retail copies, and that the no EXP gain thing was an anti-piracy measure.

Thanks.

Looks pretty good to me. I'm glad it's getting a simultaneous release because i couldn't resist spoiling myself when black and white came out in Japan. So this game will have more surprises for me.

RagnarokX

Yeah. In the trailer, Audino appears about a second, only Weavile been somewhat visible.
Also, I mean "old", because now all Pokémon from Gen I to V, are considered like that.

And no, I noticed audino, too. It just wasn't interesting cuz it wasn't a new pokemon and audino sucks aside from giving you EXP.

Qurupeke

audino doesn't make it any more or less easier. you can grind no matter what. what it does is easily allow you to constantly use new Pokemon in your team without having to sink a ton of time into it.

in BW & BW2 i was constantly switching new Pokemon in, and my team was always 6 deep.

ugh, hope what we get is better than Dream World.

I guess you're right. To tell the truth, I really liked that I was able to have a great full party before the championship.

It's easy to hate Serebii though, with the way he often comes off. Some of the threads on GameFAQs where he goes in and tries to defend himself have been hilarious over the years. Bringing up Bulbapedia in front of him, or telling him Serebii's site design is terrible may cause him to combust on the spot.

I remember when his site got hacked and the frontpage was Ash and his mum... um... hanging out

Salsa

I'm having a small emotional meltdown here. So many here have been there since GEN 1, look how far the series has come.

FCo33.png

I still prefer the look of gen 3. It was way faster and snappier too. Everything about the package/presentation was great, troubles were elsewhere.

I know its an unpopular opinion but its the perfect blend of new and old. I wasnt overly fond of the almost isometric view the DS games had.

RagnarokX

FCo33.png

Why did you give Gen III 2 images and skip Gen V?

missfuuchan

Neo Member
I drew the starters on Miiverse as an experiment to see which gets the most Yeahs - so far the Fire fox is winning (my id is katesensei for anyone who wants to see!)

ohlawd

I guess you're right. To tell the truth, I really liked that I was able to have a great full party before the championship.

yesss

felt so good going to the Pokemon League with a full set. I've never done that before 5th gen. I rocked a Samurott, Leavanny, Galvantula, Bisharp, Gigalith and a Scrafty in Black 1.

Oh man, the second new Pokémon reveals (apart from the starters and maybe the movie mascots as I don't see how I can avoid them) happen, I'm on media blackout until October.

It's finally here! BW were such a disappointment to me I never even got into any of the post game stuff. No event legendaries, no dream world, none of the download items. Needless to say I never bothered with BW2.

Bring it!

ivysaur12

Banned
Well, we'll almost certainly be getting at least one new Pokemon next month; the Genesect movie still needs a next gen mascot.

So, taking a guess...
January Coro Coro: Clarifications on the starters (classifications, heights, weights, etc), maybe some info about the Legendaries.
February Coro Coro: Mascot for the Genesect movie, potential second Pokemon/ Eeveelution.
March Coro Coro: More general game info, start of a steady drip of Pokemon reveals.

Life is so much better when new Pokemon games are coming.

Based on their initial evolution alone, and not any of their subsequent forms:

Genius
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Chikorita

Freaking awesome
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Totadile
Chespin
Piplup

Not bad!
Charmander
Turtwig

Well, it could have been worse
Tepig
Torchic
Chimchar
Fennekin

People like this thing?
Treecko

Repulsive
Snivy
Oshawott
Froakie - it looks like a fucking Neopet

Qurupeke

So, where do the names come from?

Chespin has probably something to do with chestnuts and spin? Spin, because it may spin while it digs.
Fennekin is obviously fennec and... kin?
Froakie is frog and....?

Hero

Thank god Nintendo has the brains to fast track the localization for outside of Japan to make it in time for holiday season 2013. 3DS in the west could use this.

Genius
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Chikorita

Freaking awesome
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Totadile
Chespin
Piplup

Not bad!
Charmander
Turtwig

Tepig
Torchic
Chimchar
Fennekin

People like this thing?
Treecko

Repulsive
Snivy
Oshawott

I'm seeing a heavy Gen I & II slant in this...

In my opinion, all starters are good, but Torchic, Totodile, Oshawott and Chespin rise above the rest.

Audino means easy game. :(

Pokemon has never been challenging, ever.

You can get through the entire game raising a Starter + 1 Pokemon. Pretty sure I beat Pokemon Blue version with my Charizard who had: Slash, Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Spin.

Genius
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Chikorita

Freaking awesome
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Totadile
Chespin
Piplup

Not bad!
Charmander
Turtwig

Tepig
Torchic
Chimchar
Fennekin

People like this thing?
Treecko

Repulsive
Snivy
Oshawott

Woah I've never seen someone so fucking wrong ever.

Snivvy as Repulsive? What in the fuck....

Salsa

Soo excited didn't even check. I didn't make it only added the latest screen and this one now.

pc7YO.png

I really hope the character's customizable purely out of the fact that im tired of that color scheme

gen 3 was so bold. Green and white baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom