• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC/PSN/XBLA) - May 1st 2013 (Michael Biehn included?)

Eusis

This is something I never knew I wanted.
Oh, I'm always a sucker for 80s nostalgia, I just didn't expect it in this form. More along the lines of something like ME that clearly tries to recapture that feel, without going full insane with it.

That, or I just dig up stuff that actually CAME from the 80s. :p

Mr. Smith

abysscoffeesurprisemjq23.gif

Sounds awesome.

what is this from, i need to watch that!

strafer

I don't get it, is this a sequel to Far Cry 3 or an addon or some shit.

My head is spinning from all this insanity.

I don't get it, is this a sequel to Far Cry 3 or an addon or some shit.

My head is spinning from all this insanity.

I think it's a standalone spinoff to Far Cry 3, but with an 80's sci-fi B-movie action feel to it. I totally get the aesthetic look they are going for here, but it is a bit weird to see them attach this to the Far Cry 3 name. I will keep my eye on it though.

MormaPope

Banned
The next Far Cry should just be a Saints Row style FPS reboot set in the jungle and urban city. Add flyable jets and helicopters. Have Saints Row humor and gameplay objectives. Bingo bango you have one helluva title on your hands.

Arkanius

I've been skipping all news on this because I thought it was just an April Fools Joke taken too long.

I cant believe this is real. I didn't enjoy Far Cry 3 but I can't wait to get my hands on this.

EDIT:

It's amazing how much cheese is in every corner and letter of this game. I can't get this soon enough!

Lima

I've been skipping all news on this because I thought it was just an April Fools Joke taken too long.

I cant believe this is real. I didn't enjoy Far Cry 3 but I can't wait to get my hands on this.

MS doesn't upload achievements to their servers for an April fools joke. The minute they had gone up you should have known this was real.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
From not caring about FC3 at all to wanting this. If it's priced right for a DD game then it's all mine.

The soundtrack and look of it all speak to me. THEY SPEAK TO ME.

Geoff9920

I wrote this off as an April fools joke when I first saw it... All that 80's Sci-Fi cheese! Sooo good. Now I must have it.

Corto

How is this related to FC3?

Looks cool but I'm guessing they just wanted the name for publicity.

Same engine, same core design, same mechanics, released short after FC3 and maybe smaller in scope. How is FC3 related to FC2?

Elixist

i was startin to get worried that it would be more of the same, but the achievement list has reignited my excite.

excite_zpsb119a52f.gif

Your loss, for me FC3 is my 2012 GOTY. So much fun in that game and the first game in years I actually 100%.

It may be my loss. I might grab it on a Steam sale one day, but I was really really offended by their E3 presentation. If the game was "good", and for all intents and purposes it is, I don't see why they had to stoop so low.

Just sneak up behind people and instant takedown. Then sometimes you can do extra special double moves that take more people out. And since stealth is broken (infinite rock throwing for example) it's easy to constantly take everyone down silently.

Have you played a stealth game before?

Adam Blue

Just sneak up behind people and instant takedown. Then sometimes you can do extra special double moves that take more people out. And since stealth is broken (infinite rock throwing for example) it's easy to constantly take everyone down silently.

Yeah, that was the point if you enjoyed playing stealthily.

bdouble

How is this related to FC3?

Looks cool but I'm guessing they just wanted the name for publicity.
How is it any different than red deads zombies? I dont get why the origin or what the game is attache to marketing wise matters.

Megasoum

Banned
It may be my loss. I might grab it on a Steam sale one day, but I was really really offended by their E3 presentation. If the game was "good", and for all intents and purposes it is, I don't see why they had to stoop so low.

Oh yeah I agree, that E3 demo was really stupid. But it's not like the game is focusing around that. It's like 30 sec in a 30 hours game.

This is one of the best things ever.

I hope they keep what made Far Cry 3 great - stealthily storming the bases and de-emphasize the mediocre set pieces.

FC2 was fucking terrible.

It is if your goal is to play it as a linear narrative based game. But just playing in the open world sandbox with all the interacting systems is fun because some hilariously stupid shit is happening all the time.

Just Cause 2 is another game like this. Ignoring the story missions and blowing shit up or grappling shit to other shit and then blowing that shit up is some of the most fun you can have in a video game.

Top Bottom