• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Tekken does a great job with the guest characters.

Also, compare that trailer to how Capcom unveiled recent characters...

kirblar

There wasn't a Jedah trailer huh?
Looking forward to Abigail trailer tbh, I've really liked the SF5 dlc characters and hoping Abigail will catch my interest.
There's going to likely be a megatrailer at SDCC next week, hence the awkward reveal here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EVO delivered for the future of the genre. Tekken 7 going strong, DBZ coming along with Anime X, all that's left is for Capcom to up them all somehow before the end of the night.

gotta hand it to the evo staff. They were able to finish finals on Sunday by 8pm. Real nice of them to look out for the ppl on the east coast that gotta work on Monday

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the consensus on what Capcom is going to announce for SFV tonight? Just one new character or is there merit to some of those rumours about additional modes etc.?

EVO delivered for the future of the genre. Tekken 7 going strong, DBZ coming along with Anime X, all that's left is for Capcom to up them all somehow before the end of the night.

The only way they can is to reveal that Super Street Fighter V is real, with a system overhaul and every new character shown.

If all they're showing is Abigail with a tease for the remaining two S2 characters, then Capcom ain't gonna one up any of these reveals.

MrDaravon

LOL

DE4vzvvXoAASiV6.jpg

This hasn't been a good an Evo as some previous years for me personally in terms of matches and the actual tournament itself, but they are goddamn killing it with announcements. Capcom is looking like the red-headed stepchild right now.

MrCarter

The only way they can is to reveal that Super Street Fighter V is real, with a system overhaul and every new character shown.

If all they're showing is Abigail with a tease for the remaining two S2 characters, then Capcom ain't gonna one up any of these reveals.

I doubt they will show a new version of SFV in the middle of their season. That will most likely happen at the end of the year. Abigail seems like a cool character though so I'd like to see how he plays as everything in his moveset will be original.

The only thing that could be equal or better is S3 character tease. I can't believe how unhype all the new SFV characters are... Just give us fan favorites back...

Nah you're wrong. Kolin and Ed are great additions. Season 3 is next year so the classics can have their time then.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that could be equal or better is S3 character tease. I can't believe how unhype all the new SFV characters are... Just give us fan favorites back...
I really hope they don't listen to people like you. I need them to go nuts. Kolin and Ed are great additions.

I really hope they don't listen to people like you. I need them to go nuts. Kolin and Ed are great additions.
If they want to sell season passes then they should. Going completely new characters except for Akuma was a bad move imo. If they want new characters it should be like 2-3 new 2-3 old (out of 6). I bought season 1 pass straight up when I heard Urien and Guile would be in it. I have yet to buy season 2 pass and I don't really feel like I will in the future either.

what are the chances of SSFV announcement tonight? 0 to none right? Since it may kill season 2 sales. If it exists probably PS Experience right?

what are the chances of SSFV announcement tonight? 0 to none right? Since it may kill season 2 sales. If it exists probably PS Experience right?

Only chance I see it happening is if they want to do a long and extensive beta test with fan feed back and maybe even include a arcade release of the game in Japan. Basically a repeat of what they did when transitioning from AE 2012 to USF4. I don't think it'll happen though but that'd be our best chance of seeing it tonight IMO.

I do really hope it's real though. I think SFV needs a major overhaul and a small change to the name.

Only chance I see it happening is if they want to do a long and extensive beta test with fan feed back and maybe even include a arcade release of the game in Japan. Basically a repeat of what they did when transitioning from AE 2012 to USF4. I don't think it'll happen though but that'd be our best chance of seeing it tonight IMO.

I do really hope it's real though. I think SFV needs a major overhaul and a small change to the name.

Don't think we will see the announcement tonight. Something is coming for S3, but who knows when they will actually announce it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seeing Akuma and Geese now, I really want TvSF. Akuma plays really good and I'm sure Geese will as well. Imagine the rest of the cast.

Want to see Hellpockets reactions. He must've been hype.

I can't even tell if your joking anymore after tonight. There's too many announcements to tell if something mentioned was fake or not. Shit moved fast since I stopped watching the feed.

Is there talk of Scorpion being a guest again in something?

Nah, just wishful thinking for Tekken 7. Their next DLC character is another guest, so folks are speculating it'll be Scorpion just because he's from another fighting game.

No way it's Scorpion. A Dead or Alive character is more realistic, especially if it turns out the second DLC character is female.

Top Bottom