• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

NEO0MJ

I'm out of the loop on ASW illuminati info atm, but last I heard they were done withrequiring full disc upgrades. I'm willing to bet that they'll do the "upgrade package DLC" thing that they did with Rev 2 that comes with Jubei + whatever content and rebalance.

That's similar to what I saw elsewhere so good to know.

NEO0MJ

So it seems that Street Fighter V will be introduced into the S.H. Figuarts toy line. I like that all the characters are using their default SF V design except for Akuma. They knew that fans didn't want that 😂
1uXVHP8_d.jpg

DHUDfNr_d.jpg

BadWolf

FGC Match Spotlight: Huomao's E.T. vs. Qanba's Xiaohai at Evo 2017

The King of Fighters is the soccer of fighting games. It has a reach that touches every part of the globe. Most fighting games have two or three key countries that make up the vast majority of its players, but KOF is not one of them. Granted, it's mostly known for its massive followings in China and Mexico, but it's a series that sees the most varied country representation every time it shows up at Evo. To prove this point, let's look at the countries represented in this year's top 8 for KOFXIV: China, Taiwan, United States, Japan, Mexico, and United Arab Emirates. Eight players from six different countries. This has only happened three times before: for Super Street Fighter IV in 2012, King of Fighters XIII in 2013, and King of Fighters XIII again in 2014. Three out of the four times this amount of global diversity has occurred, it was thanks to KOF, demonstrating that it is indeed the world's fighting game.

This past weekend, at Evo 2017, The King of Fighters XIV had the lowest turnout of all games in the event's lineup, with only 374 entrants. The game drew some criticism for this, with some bemoaning the number as the reason for the game not ”deserving" to be at Evo. However, these cries did not stir any of the people who did sign up for the tournament. Instead, they showed up, played their hearts out, and despite the turnout, put on what many consider the best top 8 of the whole weekend. Aside from the variety of countries represented, there was also a variety of characters and no shortage of upsets, drama, emotion, passion, and unrelenting hype. If anything, the small amount of entrants actually helped guarantee a high density of top players in pools, making the tournament worth watching from morning to night for the entirety of Evo's first day.

More at the link. So glad it's also going to be at Evo Japan, wonder if this time Japan will finally be able to win the game at Evo. So far they've taken second place twice.

So it seems that Street Fighter V will be introduced into the S.H. Figuarts toy line. I like that all the characters are using their default SF V design except for Akuma. They knew that fans didn't want that ��

Lol they're gonna retcon sunflower Akuma for sure.

Whens Laura tho?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
As someone who loves Destiny to death, d2 is sfv to d1 sfiv. Hopefully they won't stick with the garbage that is in the beta.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what have they done? D1 was really solid once Taken King hit.
Movement and aiming feel off and sluggish/not very smooth. Cooldowns seem to take forever too, it's just not as agile.

The two PvE missions in the beta are reminiscent of Bungie's work in their prime, though. The strike is phenomenal.

Beckx

More than likely what you see now is what'll you get.

it sort of depends on what the issues are. In part Vanilla Destiny was disappointing b/c the beta gave the feel that the game was going to be much more than vanilla delivered. it's possible the reverse is happening here, again depending what the issues are.

Movement and aiming feel off and sluggish/not very smooth. Cooldowns seem to take forever too, it's just not as agile..

urgh. well hopefully that can be tweaked, i love the feel of bungie shooters so that's worrying.

it sort of depends on what the issues are. In part Vanilla Destiny was disappointing b/c the beta gave the feel that the game was going to be much more than vanilla delivered. it's possible the reverse is happening here, again depending what the issues are.

I hope you're right.

Its just every game lately that has an open beta a few months before launch means that whats in the beta is more than likely whats in the full game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think he gets mad at not getting what he wants but in terms of playing games and pretending he's mad at stuff, some of that is obviously fake. People get a kick out of it and he knows it.

His girlfriend was smart enough to leave him finally? I actually felt sorry for him having to put up with her. She seems worse than he is.

Hyun Sai

Too bad Tekken 7 disappeared from the steam chart. I hope one day they will understand that cross play is necessary for a fighter releasing on PC...

Beyond that it will likely have a snowball effect of people seeing it sold well, so it must have a great player base, so easy to find online game >>> increasing player base.

Not to mention the good reception toward the Geese reveal.

Now fix your goddamn player and tournament lobby Harada !

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad Tekken 7 disappeared from the steam chart. I hope one day they will understand that cross play is necessary for a fighter releasing on PC...
Similar to SFV it reached 200k pretty quickly on Steam but since then it has sowed down a lot. Eventhough it's cheaper and has gotten much better reviews.

Maybe that's just the size of that audience...

edit:
Did a quick check on Steamspy and the overlap between those two games is actually smaller than I thought

Wooooo Tekken no.1 NPD. Injustice 2 selling like hotcakes. Only sfv was the biggest financial failure this year when it comes to fighting games. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Top Bottom