• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

Aren't comments like these is many launch threads. Why pay full price for anything? Regardless of their personal story gaming is not a charity. Are people that emotionally invested to react to someone saying they'll wait till it's cheaper? Sometimes I wonder...

I mean, it's one thing to say "okay I will get it when it's on sale". It's respectable; not everyone is loaded with money and even if they want to support the developer financially, they can't because it is out of their control. It's another thing to say things like "I'll get the game when it's 75% off" or "I'll get it for a dollar tier at a bundle", before the game even launches. It just comes across as being a dick if anything instead of saying I want the game but don't have the money for it at the time being.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I mean, it's one thing to say "okay I will get it when it's on sale". It's respectable; not everyone is loaded with money and even if they want to support the developer financially, they can't because it is out of their control. It's another thing to say things like "I'll get the game when it's 75% off" or "I'll get it for a dollar tier at a bundle", before the game even launches. It just comes across as being a dick if anything instead of saying I want the game but don't have the money for it at the time being.

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to Cuphead.

dawgparty

No way I WOULDN'T buy a game that looks like this. I'm shit at all twitchy platformers like this so I'll be garbage but the game is fucking beautiful.

Just pre-purchased the game + soundtrack bundle on Steam.
Looking forward to getting my ass handed to me and playing the soundtrack in my car.

nelo_inc

Love the art style of this game, so unique.

But i'll wait for the reviews on this one, too many games to play right now, porbably will wait for a sale.

MrBlonde

Any word on an easy mode? I heard this game is supposed to be difficult but I'd like to play co op with my son and worried it will be to hard for him

It's been mentioned before but a monochromatic black and white option for the graphics would definitely be a pleasant surprise for the game post-release, just like they do with movie releases as of recent.

Teeth

Does it have difficulty settings?

Or just a default impossible fuck you difficulty?

The reports of Cuphead's difficulty are wildly overstated. On Normal, it's less difficult than, say, Contra Hard Corps. I'd put the difficulty about par with Ori, just in a different way.

Expert mode is a different story, but if you're playing a game on Hard, you should expect that.

Dynasty

Please don't Google that.
YO, DO NOT GOOGLE THAT

You responded to a trap card, the original poster will have the last laugh at your expense

You've been warned.
Better for you.
For the sake of your sanity, stay that way.

So yh, I google searched it and read the wiki. Luckily I never used google images or anything but yh that is fucked up, seriously how can someone jack off to that shit.

Nope. Not going to watch it. I've seen enough, I just need to hold off until Friday now got it sitting ready to go on Xbox!

OT title anyone?

Cuphead |OT| Featuring The Hardest Tutorial Known To (Game Journalist) Man
|OT|
Cup-Star Heroes
Our Animated Cup Runneth Over
Two Mugs, One Bullet Hell
Half-Full
LXXXVII Years in the making.
----

I, too, have been looking forward to this animated masterpiece after trying it at a couple of cons. I'm glad I can get it on Steam or Windows.

Aren't comments like these is many launch threads. Why pay full price for anything? Regardless of their personal story gaming is not a charity. Are people that emotionally invested to react to someone saying they'll wait till it's cheaper? Sometimes I wonder...

It’s pretty assholish to say in the thread where one of the devs is participating in the convo

It's pretty assholish to say in the thread where one of the devs is participating in the convo

On the other hand, should we moderate our posts about a game depending on whether or not a developer is participating?

Semi-legitamate question; I could go either way. Like, I've called plenty of games "crap" on this forum, and I don't think I'd do that in a thread that the developer was participating in. But I don't know if that's "right" either.

eats

Releasing on a Friday and not sending out review copies early. That is how all the best games and movies are released amiright?

edit: they sent out review copies I take it all back. Still kind of weird how late they were sent and with the friday release though....

It has nothing to do with wanting to wait till it’s cheaper and everything to do with that, without context, it comes across as scoffs, “like I would pay [insert price] for this, it’s just cheap bundle trash”

Top Bottom