• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

gfxtwin

Ah, great. Will buy the game then :)

Well, i don't see any fun in just a boss rush only game.

Keep in mind it IS still primarily a boss rush game. 6 sidescrolling levels, around 30 boss battles. That said, a lot of the boss battles are very different and range from fighting a boss statically on one screen to fighting bosses while platforming as the screen scrolls continuously (very similar to a platforming level only you aren't making the camera move) to shmup-style flight levels. That's just what's been shown so far. Even though it's primarily a boss rush, the gameplay will be switched up all the time so it seems unlikely it will be repetitive.

Think of the sidescrolling levels (makes more sense than platforming levels IMO since the focus is still much more on run and gun than jumping around) as bonus stages and the main game as a boss rush. But yes, there are some levels like that in the game that you can replay to your heart's content!

Finally got around to pre-ordering the deluxe edition (I kept forgetting to).
I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced, and have Friday off, so I can just relax and play it all day long. I'm excited.

Cuphead |OT| Mugman and the Devil Makes Three

Finally got around to pre-ordering the deluxe edition (I kept forgetting to).
I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced, and have Friday off, so I can just relax and play it all day long. I'm excited.

What do you get with the deluxe edition?

Nope. Not going to watch it. I've seen enough, I just need to hold off until Friday now got it sitting ready to go on Xbox!

OT title anyone?

Cuphead |OT| Featuring The Hardest Tutorial Known To (Game Journalist) Man
Why do you want to celebrate harassment towards a games journalist who was hounded by gamergate in an OT title?

Like, can we just stop making this gaming culture more toxic than it already is?

Did some perfect run videos if anyone is interested. Guides will be up after review embargo. I'll spoiler tag just in case people don't want to know any names.

(Perfect Run)

(Perfect Run)

(Perfect Run)

(All Coins, 1 Hit Run)

Looking great, can't wait to get my hands on this, I'll certainly be replaying this game over and over for quite a while by the looks of it.

ghibli99

DrDogg

Easy mode?

When you first start playing you can choose between Simple and Regular. Simple is easy mode, Regular is the hardest difficulty you can play at first. All of those videos were on Regular.

Just clearing levels wasn't that hard. Clearing each level without getting hit (perfect run) was challenging, but most of them I got in less than 10 tries.

This is coming from someone who has played shooters in the past and done decently well, but not a lot of bullet hell experience. Keep in mind, this is the beginning of the game. I expect it to get a lot harder as I get deeper into the game.

kodecraft

When you first start playing you can choose between Simple and Regular. Simple is easy mode, Regular is the hardest difficulty you can play at first. All of those videos were on Regular.

Just clearing levels wasn't that hard. Clearing each level without getting hit (perfect run) was challenging, but most of them I got in less than 10 tries.

This is coming from someone who has played shooters in the past and done decently well, but not a lot of bullet hell experience. Keep in mind, this is the beginning of the game. I expect it to get a lot harder as I get deeper into the game.

Awesome, thanks.

Top Bottom