• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Will buy as soon as the launch proves to be stable... and Premium of course :3

Fersis? More like Whalesis! :3

Sanjuro

Bit the bullet and picked up the Xbox One version. Never been a huge battlefield fan since the original games, but going to give this one a go.

Sidon

Got the Early Enlister Edition too - I loved the beta and every minute of the game in trial access, and I'm not even a regular FPS player (old age and lacking reflexes). Didn't get a chance to play Operations, since it seemed empty during trial access and waiting for a game took ages.

It looks drop-dead gorgeous and performance was stellar.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Checked out an empty server, this map looks gorgeous.

3IzbxsI.gif

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Hi, I have a question.

I'm currently downloading the trial to see the performance i'll be getting before buying the game but my concern is, if I'm pleased and wish to buy it after playing the trial, will the download already be done( as the trial is 40gb) or they will ask my to download the game?

Tell me if i'm unclear.

rdytoroll

Hi, I have a question.

I'm currently downloading the trial to see the performance i'll be getting before buying the game but my concern is, if I'm pleased and wish to buy it after playing the trial, will the download already be done( as the trial is 40gb) or they will ask my to download the game?

Tell me if i'm unclear.

The trial download is already the full game download. You do not need to download it again after

TheStig88

So i5 4690k 970MSI OC 16gigs ram

What can i expect?
Same setup except I'm on a 3570k@4.2GHz and if the two campaign missions I've done are any indication; rock solid 60fps on Ultra at 1080p on DX11. It's astounding how well this game runs for how incredible it looks. Can't wait to dive into MP.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
holy fuck Monte Grappa is a good map

jond76

Banned
Has there been any kind of outrage over the Gears 4 and Battlefield 1 "you get to play it several days early if you pay more" stuff? I feel like there's got to be a Jimquisition in the works about this. People lost their fucking shit when there was a prospect of preorder incentives to get Deus Ex 4 early.

I feel only Gear falls into that category because EA has made this available to anyone who wants to pay $5. Except for PlayStation owners, but that's Sony's fault.

Caim

Haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

Operations mode looks awesome.

Will add myself to the list once I get the game.

Enclose

I tried with NZ VPN 2 Hours ago and it worked without a problem.

Now i restarted Game and PC + Origin and the VPN is not working anymore for some reason. The Play Button is missing every time i want to start with the NZ VPN.

sTiTcH AU

Now fully unlocked here in AUS. Would have had only a few minutes left on my 10hrs as well so perfect timing :). Time to dive in some more.

T.O.P

Banned
Same setup except I'm on a 3570k@4.2GHz and if the two campaign missions I've done are any indication; rock solid 60fps on Ultra at 1080p on DX11. It's astounding how well this game runs for how incredible it looks. Can't wait to dive into MP.

Dayum, i'm psyched to give it a go then, cheers

So someone in the review thread said they played with a controller and said there is no aim assist. Obviously I was playing the EA access trial and there was plenty of it, but did they turn it off with adding the rest of the maps? I ran out of my 10 hours a couple days before they did that but could someone check to see if it's still in there, it would really suck if it was taken out all of a sudden :/

Mahonay

Banned
LET'S DO THIS.

I can't wait until my copy from Amazon shows up tomorrow. This was my most anticipated game of the year.

The yield of the noob harvest will be strong this year.

Dubz

Dice are magicians. I ran this at 4K with mostly Ultra settings at 50-60 FPS. Only dipping in very hectic scenarios. In my 1440p PC monitor I get 70-100 FPS.

8GB RAM

So someone in the review thread said they played with a controller and said there is no aim assist. Obviously I was playing the EA access trial and there was plenty of it, but did they turn it off with adding the rest of the maps? I ran out of my 10 hours a couple days before they did that but could someone check to see if it's still in there, it would really suck if it was taken out all of a sudden :/

I pray they reduce aim assist greatly. Its ao freaking magnetic. The reviewer is probably imagining things

kriskrosbbk

Is there anyone with the PS4 version around here to share some CQ framerate details? I am flipping here for some info in that regard.

Mahonay

Banned
Is there anyone with the PS4 version around here to share some CQ framerate details? I am flipping here for some info in that regard.
For me personally the performance during the beta for 64 player Conquest games felt much smoother compared to the hitchy mess that was BF4 on PS4. Don't have my copy yet but I imagine it will run a little better than the beta even.
What's the optimal number which not impacts the framerate?
I have no idea. When I did increase the FOV during the beta there was not a big enough difference in performance for me to notice anything different.

aravuus

On my 4690k, 16GB RAM, and Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 I get 70-100 FPS on everything Ultra (except no AA) at 1440p.

The optimization is extraordinary imho

Holy shit, that's awesome

And here I was wondering if I could even play on ultra@1080p at all with a 970 lol

Didn't get to try the beta, but I went ahead and bought the game anyway, I've always had a fair amount of fun with Battlefield games after all. After the TF2 and CoD betas, I don't know if I can take another massive disappointment though lol, hope it's good.

kriskrosbbk

For me personally the performance during the beta for 64 player Conquest games felt much smoother compared to the hitchy mess that was BF4 on PS4. Don't have my copy yet but I imagine it will run a little better than the beta even.

I have no idea. When I did increase the FOV during the beta there was not a big enough difference in performance for me to notice anything different.

I made 40hrs on the beta.In the village the framerate was shaky I must say.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Will buy as soon as the launch proves to be stable... and Premium of course :3

Or you could just wait six months for the Premium edition to launch. You know they're going to do that after BF3 and 4.
It's pretty much what I'm doing this outing as I'm not hyped for this release in the slightest

What's the optimal number which not impacts the framerate?

Field of View shouldn't impact framerate in the slightest. It may drop 1-2 frames MAX for like 180FoV, but that's negligible.

Mahonay

Banned
I made 40hrs on the beta.In the village the framerate was shaky I must say.
It's definitely not perfect, but I put 1300 hours into Battlefield 4 on PS4, and the BF1 beta map easily felt better than that. It's absolutely improved.

(I put 60 hours into the beta)

Top Bottom