• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just found a copy of Ridge Racer Unbounded in Toronto

Not delayed after all? n. Future Shop at Yonge and Eglinton!

7de59e63.jpg

Temporal Anomaly Unbounded

It's part of scamco's "run it to the ground" business strategy :D

Announce that the game is delayed indefinitely, put it secretly in stores without a marketing budget, watch it die. Kinda like Sega! :D

Tucah

you speak so well
Guess it's not delayed, checking online every Gamestop in my area apparently has copies in stock.

I'd like to see some impressions from someone before I go out and buy it though (although I should probably go out and get around to picking up Kid Icarus anyway...)

robot

Bestbuy says I can pick mine up, and it's showing as in stock on the website. I'll let you know how it goes!

explodet

So clue me in Daddy-O, what's going on with this title?
Was it supposed to ship but was announced that it was cancelled, then it shipped anyway?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Why are people buying this game? Ridge Racer has not been better than crap in like 10 years.

Incorrect. There have been several good installments in the last decade. That said, this new game was developed by a completely different non-Japanese team and is nothing like the rest of the series.

BY2K

Membero Americo
They are trying to kill Ridge Racer harder than they are killing Tales in the west or what?

Hanzou

Incorrect. There have been several good installments in the last decade. That said, this new game was developed by a completely different non-Japanese team and is nothing like the rest of the series.

It's made by Bugbear right? Actually OK than I am back onboad, I really like the Flatout series.

Holy shit, it is Flatout! My eyes usually glaze over when I read the words "ridge" and "racer" together but that statement immediately made me look the game up, and it's developed by Bugbear!

Why the fuck would they call it Ridge Racer? RR fans don't want Flatout and Flatout fans sure as HELL don't want Ridge Racer!

Why the fuck would they call it Ridge Racer? RR fans don't want Flatout and Flatout fans sure as HELL don't want Ridge Racer!
It worked out alright for Criterion and Need for Speed. Then again, EA does tend to market their games every once in awhile.

Seriously, this is one of the weirdest launches ever.

Nice OT, though.

jett

D-Member
Why are people buying this game? Ridge Racer has not been better than crap in like 10 years.

NO U

There's been several awesome Ridge Racer games in the last 10 years. Unbounded doesn't play anything like RR, anyway.

Picked up the 360 version but I'm not even going to have the chance to play it tonight. :(. Might switch it for a PC version if they have one in tomorrow.

It was really weird, a press release went out, saying the EU version was delayed, but it gave no date for the NA version anymore. Or something.

They stated that the EU version was coming out at the end of March and that the NA version was delayed beyond that date.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If I can't get the PC on Steam version this week then they missed their day 1 window with me. Stupid Namco.

robot

The 360 version is out in NA, just picked one up. By far the most confusing launch for me since the Sega Saturn.

1-D_FTW

If I can't get the PC on Steam version this week then they missed their day 1 window with me. Stupid Namco.

People have claimed it's going to be released on the 30th worldwide, but it's just not having any pre-order period. We'll see. Scamco probably doesn't want to look petty for offering pre-orders without the usual 10 percent discount.

The 360 version is out in NA, just picked one up. By far the most confusing launch for me since the Sega Saturn.

I never experienced the Saturn launch. I fell out of gaming during that period. I can't imagine doing something like this with a console.

Didn't see it on the shelves at my local Best Buy (Baltimore) but I also didn't bother trying to track anyone down and ask them.

Top Bottom