• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

So when Colo Ace was here initially, I farmed him with a Sengoku team that won about ~70% of the time. I managed 30ish copies and some books, which was enough to max him. Now that I have better stuff that clear rate is closer to 95%, but there's just enough doubt that I can't run it in double stamina. Losing 60 stamina suuuucks.

What's your Sengoku team for Ace? I haven't found a decent team to clear it, and only want one for collection/free gem

I failed on colo Apoo with my INTHawk team because I didn't hit all perfects on the Lao G, and he had a sliver of health left. I know that pain

RedBoot

What's your Sengoku team for Ace? I haven't found a decent team to clear it, and only want one for collection/free gem

I failed on colo Apoo with my INTHawk team because I didn't hit all perfects on the Lao G, and he had a sliver of health left. I know that pain

Double Sengoku, Breed, Noland, Nico Robin, and Raid Momonga. Get matching orbs on at least one Sengoku before Vista and use Momo + Noland to burst. On Ace, burst him down over 4 turns (taking one hit), using Breed's special on the fourth turn. When he revives, use Robin on one turn and Sengoku on another to boost enough to burst him down. If you can't beat him in those two turns, if your HP is over 10k (through AH or food orbs), you can use the Coated Sunny to reduce his hit and finish him afterwards.

You're mostly relying on orb luck, so it's not 100%, but it's not super-vital if your levels are high.

Double Sengoku, Breed, Noland, Nico Robin, and Raid Momonga. Get matching orbs on at least one Sengoku before Vista and use Momo + Noland to burst. On Ace, burst him down over 4 turns (taking one hit), using Breed's special on the fourth turn. When he revives, use Robin on one turn and Sengoku on another to boost enough to burst him down. If you can't beat him in those two turns, if your HP is over 10k (through AH or food orbs), you can use the Coated Sunny to reduce his hit and finish him afterwards.

You're mostly relying on orb luck, so it's not 100%, but it's not super-vital if your levels are high.

Use the Red Force, my friend. With lvl 2 orbs, the boat, and Breed's special, the Ace fight is significantly safer than it was the first time Ace came around. I switched off from using a Sengoku team before because I hated how unreliable it was but I'm not having that problem at all now.

mileS

Caved in and got another 110 gems. 1 multi and the rest single pulls. What a mistake that was. 6 silvers in a row right off the bat... the rest fake golds. Fuck that multi. I only got 2 new units out of those 110 gems today. Don Sai and scumbag Shiryu. All in all fuck this sugo. The boosted units are bullshit. 230 gems and not a single unit from the new batch. Compare that to the first TS batch where 2 multi's gave me at the very least 2 copies of each new unit. Clearly the best time to pull for TS Brook isn't it? What a load of crap.

This sugo is worth it if you need 3d2y Robin and thats about it. I'm officially going 'F2P' for good now.

Tidd

Glad to see that a lot of you guys got great pulls!

AND DAMN, seems like Japan will get a INT raid Doffy. He is the same unit as the normal raid Doffy but INT. The raid itself is restricted to Fighter, Striker and Cerebral characters and it's a 30 minutes CYO time raid for 40/60 stamina.
Bandai really tries to bring slashers back, huh? The biggest problem slashers have is that they have too many DEX characters and they just give the best slasher character another version.

RedBoot

Use the Red Force, my friend. With lvl 2 orbs, the boat, and Breed's special, the Ace fight is significantly safer than it was the first time Ace came around. I switched off from using a Sengoku team before because I hated how unreliable it was but I'm not having that problem at all now.

Damn, I gotta get that ship. That and Enel's ship. Things to do....

Yeah, that's why I'm socketing my Ace, actually. :p So I'll have to stick to the Coated Sunny. But as far as I know, SW Ace can clear all the forests we have in Global right now, so hopefully I'll be sporting the Red Force and the Ark Maxim soon enough.

As for INT Doffy, not quite sure what to think there. Getting some of the existing raid bosses in new colors might be interesting (I'll take Enel in any color, provided they adjust his special accordingly). I do like the idea of "revamping" old raids, though.

Kyou

rTiv5vK.png

Yeah this seems alright

also int doffy is cool I guess? What a weird thing. I wonder if they're going to go down this road for other raids. Will we get STR Kizaru? QCK Sabo? Weird times.

EMT0

Banned
Huh, I like the idea of remaking existing raids, especially if they create alternate versions of the Raid boss that goes further than just a color change. A lot of units have newer or 'stronger' representations in the manga/anime and it'd be neat to see that reflected. Off the top of my head:

• Hawk-Eyes Mihawk, Master of Kuraigana Island
    ===> 60-stamina version, type change would be neat. To STR?
  • Tony Tony Chopper, Monster Under Control(TS)
    ===> Rework pls
  • Monkey D. Garp, Hero of the Marines
    ====> Tesoro ate his lunch, he needs a rework of some sort
  • Zephyr, Hero's Last Stand
    =====>Color change
  • Emporio Ivankov, Queen of Kamabakka Kingdom
    ====> Actually a pretty good special, just for a class that doesn't need it. Type change?
  • Blackbeard of the Yonko
    ====> 60-stamina version, QCK, rainbow captain instead of just STR, 60 stamina raid drops a skull to Super Evolve STR Blackbeard
  • Usopp'un
    ====> God Usopp has no flaws
  • Ex-Admiral Kuzan, Blackbeard Pirates Associate
    ====> Type change
  • Enel, Moon God
    ====> DEX type, swap captain ability and type boost to match
  • Duval, Straw Hat Pirates Ally
    ====> Color swap
  • Buster Call Mk. 2
    ====> Actually just has different Vice Admirals not in current Buster Call
  • Straw Hat Luffy, Sabaody's Most Wanted
    ====> 60 stamina raid, drops skull for Nightmare Luffy. Changes Captain Ability to something not bad and Rainbow-based. We need a version of Luffy from Sabaody. Best outfit, best rage punch.
  • Bartholomew Kuma, Self-Sacrifice of the Revolutionaries
    ====> Color swap
  • Boa Hancock, Deadly Beauty(Marineford)
    ====> Color swap
  • Pica, Dressrosa's Secret Weapon
    ====> 60 stamina raid, drops 4 different skulls, swaps Pica to color of skull
  • Kizaru, Unclear Justice
    ====> Color swap
  • Sabo, Inheritance of the Mera Mera no Mi
    ====> Color swap
  • Shiki, Last Stand
    ====> Color swap
  • Fleet Admiral Akainu
    ====> ...? I can't do it man, I can't make this man more broken. Even a color swap would be nuts
  • Magellan, Enforcer of Impel Down
    ====> Color swap
  • Bellamy, Straw Hats Associate
    ====> Color swap

If I didn't list a unit I found them too new without any alternative imagery to pull from, didn't offer any serious benefit to being altered, or couldn't think of anything for them. My philosophy was largely: "Good? Color swap. Dated? Rework."

MiTYH

Cheers to this, got me through and got me a gem.

An INT Doffy? That's.... INTeresting! I'll show myself out.

In all seriousness, very neat idea. For me personally, sad it's INT since I have INTHawk, and between Slasherdile and a bunch of others, I don't really need another INT slasher, though I suppose bursting will just be even easier now. I'm very, very curious to see what other updates they do to clashes. QCK Monster Chopper? STR Enel? Very interesting ideas that could change the meta a lot

Also, I hate when I get to this stage in a raid. Heracule'n is max skill, and 2/5/5 sockets. I don't know if I want to waste the stamina trying to fix that. I don't really use him much, so, really, I think I know my answer.

LOL I had just bought Wild Luffy a few days ago! I really got lucky with that timing.

INT Doffy seems kinda lame to me. Doffy will eventually get replaced by Cabbage on slasher teams and driven teams aren't hard off for INT units either. If anything this just permanently benches Colo Smoker and stealth buffs BB teams by giving them a non-dex orb booster, not that they were in need of much of a buff anyway.

bjork

Free Ray points. Gonna save them for Wild Sanji, I guess?

Does Japan have this many mistakes and free gems as a result? Maybe that's where the problem lies, someone on global keeps fucking up and so they're like "we're too busy fixing this guy's shit to give you NM luffy"

ExVicis

So it makes sense for them to do Int Doffy after releasing G4 Luffy, easy way to re-create the ending of Dressora but in the raid. So that's interesting, I would need to look at it more but Int Burst Teams will be stronger than ever with an Int Raid Doffy. I wonder if this will be a one-off thing though.

MiTYH

In thinking about it, do you think we can use DEX Doffy to skillup INT Doffy? It's the same special and "character" even from the same raid. I sue hope so, otherwise it'd be a gem-fest to try and get him to a usable level

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
OPTC JPN is crazy... 6* Enel incoming.

I hope i have some skillup luck next week there...otherwise i wont bother continuing on JPN lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Honestly I don't know how I feel about retyping of old raid bosses. It just seems bizarrely lazy for Bandai in a game where they seem to come up with interesting and creative new mechanics regularly.

Also I'd be surprised if they allowed DEX Doffy to Special level INT Doffy, if only because that means you'll never farm more than 1 INT Doffy then.

cw_sasuke

Just to be sure....Shiki is a regular Raid on JPN right ? I got a copy via 40stam and am done for now until im higher rank and can farm him.

Also Kuma, Croc, Lucci and Moria as new RR characters. I believe this batch will be crazy.

True...really excited to see how those new RR version for these units turn out...could be epic.
Honestly I don't know how I feel about retyping of old raid bosses. It just seems bizarrely lazy for Bandai in a game where they seem to come up with interesting and creative new mechanics regularly.

Also I'd be surprised if they allowed DEX Doffy to Special level INT Doffy, if only because that means you'll never farm more than 1 INT Doffy then.

Right now its all about PSY and INT getting boosted because of G4/VS Sanji - between free 3YLuffy and Raid Fujitora for Sanji players, INT Doffy seem to be directed as well for Sanji but will be even easier to farm for new G4 users compared to his Dex version.

Dont expect every Raid to get another version now though - probably will still be rare occurrences if they feel the need to boost a color or units they released.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
6+Ray Special: 1 turn delay, makes perfects easier to hit, removes 7 turns of bind, despair, and paralysis.

It's probably because he was my only legend for like a year but Rayleigh is fiiiiiiine

I think Rayleigh is still underrated. He has a 100% clear rate on global, even if he's not the most efficient legend. Having over a 2.75x Atk boost for rainbow is still just a versatile CA.

His special is poop though.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad people crap on Rayleigh because that just means he was pretty much guaranteed to get a 6*+.

Right now its all about PSY and INT getting boosted because of G4/VS Sanji - between free 3YLuffy and Raid Fujitora for Sanji players, INT Doffy seem to be directed as well for Sanji but will be even easier to farm for new G4 users compared to his Dex version.

Dont expect every Raid to get another version now though - probably will still be rare occurrences if they feel the need to boost a color or units they released.

That logic just seems strange to me, though. Neither G4 nor Sanji are type boosters, so they're not restricted by color. And there's no way G4 would have any issue with regular Doffy. Raid Fuji was definitely catering towards Sanji, but I don't really see the same with this INT Doffy. I'd rather it be a new raid entirely.

Kyou

6+Ray Special: 1 turn delay, makes perfects easier to hit, removessel 7 turns of bind, despair, and paralysis.

I think Rayleigh is still underrated. He has a 100% clear rate on global, even if he's not the most efficient legend. Having over a 2.75x Atk boost for rainbow is still just a versatile CA.

His special is poop though.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad people crap on Rayleigh because that just means he was pretty much guaranteed to get a 6*+.
7 turn paralysis reduction is great!

Seeming like a straight upgrade, waiting for the all clear to sell my dupe

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Absolutely no downside to his special or he retyping, that's pretty great. Ray is my #2 go-to after Dex BB, so this is good news.

7 turn paralysis reduction is great!

Seeming like a straight upgrade, waiting for the all clear to sell my dupe

Yeah, he seems made for G4. I hope his captain ability is similarly a straight upgrade.

He does lose the Cerebral class, but he wasn't really doing anything with it to begin witn.

Tidd

6* Enel:

Captain: Decreases HP of crew by 20%. Increases RCV orb appearance rate. Makes RCV beneficial to all characters. Depending on the amount healed in the previous turn, boosts attack from 2x-3.25x attack.
Special: On activation of special, depending on how much HP you've healed over your maximum HP cap up until that point, x10 in typeless damage, at a max of 2million damage.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/6dhi5g/6_enel_captain_ability_and_special/

Bonney meta incoming!

6+Ray Special: 1 turn delay, makes perfects easier to hit, removes 7 turns of bind, despair, and paralysis.

Great for G4 Luffy.

bjork

Yeah, he seems made for G4. I hope his captain ability is similarly a straight upgrade.

He does lose the Cerebral class, but he wasn't really doing anything with it to begin witn.

I completely forgot that he even has Cerebral. He's pretty much outclassed as a sub in any Cerebral dream teams, yeah?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I completely forgot that he even has Cerebral. He's pretty much outclassed as a sub in any Cerebral dream teams, yeah?

Other than being an INT beatstick, he didn't really provide anything to Cerebral teams, so I'm not entirely surprised they dropped it.

cw_sasuke

That logic just seems strange to me, though. Neither G4 nor Sanji are type boosters, so they're not restricted by color. And there's no way G4 would have any issue with regular Doffy. Raid Fuji was definitely catering towards Sanji, but I don't really see the same with this INT Doffy. I'd rather it be a new raid entirely.

Im not saying that real G4 team would have issues with Dex Doffy....but for new players who got G4 running INT Doffy will be easier than running the Dex version. Just looking at my G4 account...i could give INT Doffy a shot but i wouldnt bother with Dex Doffy right now.

I also dont think that INT Doffy is a substitute for a new Raid but a way for new G4 users to get a 2x orb booster fast - until they can figure out Fighter class 2x orb boost. Well...thats just my impression from playing. 3YLuffy is kinda useless for G4 users, so is Free Law and Raid Fujitora..they worked all well with VS Sanji though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That actually sounds like that could combo with 6+ Boa. Her CA+RCV boost special results in huge recovery for each meat.

I also dont think that INT Doffy is a substitute for a new Raid but a way for new G4 users to get a 2x orb booster fast - until they can figure out Fighter class 2x orb boost. Well...thats just my impression from playing. 3YLuffy is kinda useless for G4 users, so is Free Law and Raid Fujitora..they worked all well with VS Sanji though.

Yeah, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of that methodology. Rather than rush to get a 2X orb booster, they should just bring out a 2X orb booster for fighters over time. G4 isn't lacking for damage. He kills everything and there are plenty of fighter orb boosters now. There's no rush to maximize his damage. And INT Doffy is also a pretty bad solution to G4 since he doesn't even get boosted by his CA.

ExVicis

Ray keeps his Fighter Class?! Fuck yeah I wasn't able to see the details but I had assumed he still got fucked over by having the Cerebral type. That new special is going to do damn well with my Jinbei.

RedBoot

Yeah, I'd be a bit worried about losing Cerebral on Ray since I do have Croc, but Croc teams are pretty static (haven't ever used him on a Croc team yet). Plus I gain a lot more from Ray allowing me to make Slasher teams. If his Captain ability is just his current one plus an HP boost (or possibly better), he'll be an easy upgrade.

And yes, finally the RCV legend I'd always hoped for! Corazon was kind of close, but this is more what I wanted. Also makes RCV Up orbs kind of useful maybe! Toss 'em onto Bonney, you won't be using her anywhere else anyway!

I do like the theme of this sugo batch (Grand Line villains), maybe we'll see my idea for an East Blue batch with RRs of Buggy, Alvida, Kuro, Krieg, Arlong, and Smoker (with the legend being Arlong or Smoker). It does kind of kill the Thriller Bark batch idea, since both Moria and Perona have new RRs now. I'm surprised they're waiting so long for Zou batch 2, but maybe they just want to drain everyone's gems so they'll buy more for Carrot.

bobohoro

New batch seems amazing and the upgrade to Ray is nice.
Although it makes 3D2Y-Luffy even less useful. Still like to use him to pair up with FC Rays.

Lucci next!

Meanwhile, I maxed Heracles' special, still need one orb socket. Will do that on natural stamina.
Also felt lucky a minute ago and did two more single pulls. Mr. 5 and DEX Law, so 101 Ray points.
Yay.
Overall, after being somewhat hyped for the sugo due to slasher rate up, free pulls and the amazing new batch, I leave disappointed, once again. A crap sugo it has been.

Yeah, I'd be a bit worried about losing Cerebral on Ray since I do have Croc, but Croc teams are pretty static (haven't ever used him on a Croc team yet). Plus I gain a lot more from Ray allowing me to make Slasher teams. If his Captain ability is just his current one plus an HP boost (or possibly better), he'll be an easy upgrade.

And yes, finally the RCV legend I'd always hoped for! Corazon was kind of close, but this is more what I wanted. Also makes RCV Up orbs kind of useful maybe! Toss 'em onto Bonney, you won't be using her anywhere else anyway!

I do like the theme of this sugo batch (Grand Line villains), maybe we'll see my idea for an East Blue batch with RRs of Buggy, Alvida, Kuro, Krieg, Arlong, and Smoker (with the legend being Arlong or Smoker). It does kind of kill the Thriller Bark batch idea, since both Moria and Perona have new RRs now. I'm surprised they're waiting so long for Zou batch 2, but maybe they just want to drain everyone's gems so they'll buy more for Carrot.

I was always kinda hoping for a 6* Moria that would collect the shadows of defeated enemies and then use them in his special for a limited time self stat buff. I'm not really a make your own legend brand of rabid fan or any of that, I just thought a mechanic like that would lend itself well to treasure cruise with how Moria operates in the OP universe.

As much as I would love for Bonney to find a way to being useful, her stats are so bad I think Enel's meta will more likely consist of farming overheal off of an enemy incapable of defeating you until you're ready to move on. Stalling might be difficult since meat orbs also count as matching but I could see this scenario working out in a coliseum situation.

Majukun

had to go on a full workinf immersion so i couldn't post my sugo results...it went kind of strange.

we had 3 free pulls..and i got 3 new units

1)3d2y robin (yay!)
2) timeskip robin
3) sugar

kind of buffled by the results, i do my multipull....

...one of the worst multi i have ever saw,5 gold and 5 silvers and the 5 golds were 4 fake golds and one dupe (hack)...

..then the 11th pull came

LEGEND SABO!

I know the 6 star version is on the lowest of tiers in terms of legend..but i heard good things about his 6*+ version..anyone has that on japan?

also,tried to level him up..went 3/22 sadly...i'll have to wait for either the whitebeard pirates to come back or that global finally gets the moonlight banquet

also now i really need to farm some invasion shanks since i have both a free spirit legend and a cerebral one..might wait for a clash where sabo is on the libe,since i both have still 1 level up left on dex sabo and the enttire legend sabo to socket

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ray's 6+ captain ability: 4x multiplier boost and 1.2x boost to hp and rcv.

So, pretty much a straight upgrade. The fact that he's a slasher now means that you can even run him as a pseudo slasher captain.

MiTYH

Wow, I leave for an hour or two and BAM Ray 6+ and Legend Enel! They both sound great. Don't have Ray but hey, that's what the 3rd anniversary is for, right? Makes picking a free legend more difficult now!

Majukun

Nice bit of luck there, Maju! I know you have a Fuji, is Sabo your second legend?

4th unique one

fuji was my first, then i made NINE multi during the anniversary..got 1 legend croc and legend shanks THREE TIMES

and this one is my 4th one...still,between farming invasion shanks,socketing this sabo,waiting for the whiteberard pirates fortnight to come back and last but not least waiting for the psy skull to come out on global,it's gonna take a while before I can use it effectively

on the other hand though,i can now use this team

3awPkkt.png

waiting to finish (in 2020) invasion shanks or find legend doffy

even though i think i will still continue using my fuji team since it's versatile as all hell

NVe7NV6.png

bjork

Shanks x 3, holy crap. At least he's strong, though.

That Fuji team looks great, I wish I had my Shiki in a state where he was useful. Hopefully soon!

Majukun

Shanks x 3, holy crap. At least he's strong, though.

That Fuji team looks great, I wish I had my Shiki in a state where he was useful. Hopefully soon!

the fuji team is the only reason why i kept playing until now..it's also incredibly versatile since the 6th unit is basically free to choose since you already have full matching orbs with shiki+lao g, the orb booster in dex doffy and he booster in shiki
just choose gladius because it evens out the damage throughout the various colours if you have a qck unit too.

LEGEND SABO!

I know the 6 star version is on the lowest of tiers in terms of legend..but i heard good things about his 6*+ version..anyone has that on japan?

He pairs really well with TS Luffy. I've seen vids of them taking down forests, some coliseums, and YWB. With Shanks, Kanjuro, and TS Luffy specials, matching orbs are nearly guaranteed and then utility units like Leo, TS Brook, Ivankov, and Boa (raid, 6*, or 6*+) give you a good bit of options for team building. I've hardly used my Sabo but I'm looking forward to his 6*+ form. A 1.75x and then a 2x boost is nothing to sneeze at.

MANUELF

Banned
My go to team is 2x Fuji, Legend Doflamingo, Shyriu, Caribou and Cavendish, they all are skill maxed except Caribou(books when Bandai???) right now Im using that team to farm Shiki with GPU instead of Shyriu and is very brainless to do but the second stage requires at least 1 matching orb though

MiTYH

My go-to team is in flux recently. So far it's looking like

INThawk/INThawk
3D2Y Zoro/Raid Doffy
SW Shanks/G-5 Tashigi

Tashigi is the only one not leveled up now, trying to find a decent QCK slasher not that my delayer HW zoro is replaced with 3d2y. With this setup I've got rainbow coverage, orb booster/mover, attack booster, and a defense dropper/AOE in Shanks

The damage calculator shows Tashigi's special, with doffy and zoro, and bring damage up almost a million vs. PSY bosses. The rest go up about half a million.

Not sure who else would replace her. Maybe Suleiman when he comes to global for a delayer giving me a free double INTHawk attempt.

Kyou

Congratulations on the Sabo Maju, good luck getting the skull too.

Rayleigh sounds like exactly the upgrade I wanted. As a bonus, it seems like he's a prime candidate for a Legend Zoro sub. Delay slashers are so rare.

Top Bottom