• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

If this was true (it's not), then I'd start waiting for the announcement of 'that FREE game' that was also in the Famitsu rumour column.

Yeah, right, ONM UK...
But if this so called "exclusive" is anything worthy , I bet it will be revealed elsewhere way before the magazine is out anyway...

The Nights-character looks absolutely horrible >_<
I saw videos of the game...looks nice, but, dear god, change the character-designer.

thefro

It could be a feature on Mario Galaxy, too, knowing how ONM likes to bait and switch. But as I said, it's definitely an outline of the NiGHTS logo with stars.

vasuba

Banned
Shinoobi said:
Of all the magazines... of all the months... :lol

April fools issue is already out. Magazines dont follow the same when april comes around they are already onto mays issue

If Saturn actually entered the VC, wouldn't that mean that Nintendo would have to update the firmware to allow games to run games from either SD cards (how fast is SD access versus CD loading times of the Saturn?) or from USB hard drives? Although, in the latter case Nintendo already has enough trouble making enough Wiis, would they be able to make enough "Official Wii USB hard drives", since I don't see they giving up profit by making the Wii able to access just any hard drive.

Well if the April issue is already out, that's that. Could either be a new installment or the original reworked with Wii controls.

thefro said:
It could be a feature on Mario Galaxy, too, knowing how ONM likes to bait and switch. But as I said, it's definitely an outline of the NiGHTS logo with stars.

I bet you're right. Or something else we've already seen.

richman555 said:
Well to add more fuel to this rumor, joysti q added a similar article just prior to this thread being created.

http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=142

Ugh, who would want to download a Saturn game? A NES game takes five minutes to download from the Shopping Channel. A Saturn game would take days. It would also fill up most of the internal memory. Pretty pointless if you ask me. :/

meppi

MasterMFauli said:
The Nights-character looks absolutely horrible >_<
I saw videos of the game...looks nice, but, dear god, change the character-designer.
grimey.gif

vasuba

Banned
Shinoobi said:
You mean this is a page from the May issue?

Its a preview page from the April issue. All they say in the magazine is an Exclusive reveal of a Wii Game next month. and that image thatsays its classic game reborn

thefro

DIrtyWeasel said:
I hope Sonic Team doesn't screw this up, like they did with Sonic. I think NiGHTS is the last great game that thay developed.

It'd be Naka's new studio, PROPE, developing if the rumors have been true.

Nights Wii would be about a year into production.

vasuba said:
Its a preview page from the April issue. All they say in the magazine is an Exclusive reveal of a Wii Game next month. and that image thatsays its classic game reborn
My statement still stands. :p

Is there anything else in there besides this page? Because the wording on the page could be alluding to SMG, it doesn't say anything about a unveiling a new game.

vasuba

Banned
Shinoobi said:
My statement still stands. :p

Is there anything else in there besides this page? Because the wording on the page could be alluding to SMG, it doesn't say anything about a unveiling a new game.

there is more but im probably pushing the envelope on whats allowed by just having that page scanned and shown. english language magazines are off limits usually for scans.

The other stuff just says summed up Game for the Wii info next month.

We do know also on the 28th another nintendo magazine has a big exclusive story. so in the end ONM could get beat to the news again lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
We do know also on the 28th another nintendo magazine has a big exclusive story. so in the end ONM could get beat to the news again lol
what other nintendo magazine?

Yoshi ftw.
Best Nintendo-character, easily.

Give him his own ,epic action-adventure, finally"
Dramatic story, gigantic openarea world, render-cutscenes and better controls than in Mario Sunshine (controls have been horrible there).

Call the game "Kuroyoshi no Fukushuu" and give at least a +12 rating.

jetpacks was yes said:
:lol Every single time. ONM hypes something, GAF gets excited, something turns out to be nothing, GAF cries bloody murder, ONM guys post here defending themselves, eventually get banned.

Don't get your hopes up, guys. Better to expect nothing than to be let down again.
:lol I've never heard of these guys(I only became a serious gamer 1.5 years ago) If what your saying is true then I'm going to laugh so hard ahaha. Can't wait for the molten bath!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
hmm....whens the last time Sega made a very good game?

The resemblence is deffo nights, that much is certain. only question now is why they gave such an obvious hint which practically confirms the revelation an entire month ahead of time.

The hint = aprils fool. they must have known the internets would figure it out in a matter of seconds.

jvalioli

CrushDance said:
:lol I've never heard of these guys(I only became a serious gamer 1.5 years ago) If what your saying is true then I'm going to laugh so hard ahaha. Can't wait for the molten bath!
I think the magazine is pretty new also.

Top Bottom