• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

killatopak

Gold Member
Enjoy the ride, both DLC's are fuckin fantastic.

I still can't get over how much content in this game, after two breakthroughs I am constantly running into things I have never seen before. Best game ever!

Yeah, HoS is fantastic. I'm playing through it and I had so many oh shit moments.

One thing I want the expansions to address is the stolen memento of vesemir's necklace. I don't think it was recovered in my playthrough.

Yeah, HoS is fantastic. I'm playing through it and I had so many oh shit moments.

One thing I want the expansions to address is the stolen memento of vesemir's necklace. I don't think it was recovered in my playthrough.

The medallion's fate is not covered in the DLC and is rather spoilerish.
It is only referenced in one of the main game's endings.

Omni

I can't find dye remover and it's annoying me. I've been looking for hours for a merchant in the Blood and Wine area that sells it. I love the game but there's an overwhelming amount of stuff and almost no direction.

Well... I say "hours" but I've got distracted a lot by side quests and stuff. But still!

Coreda

I can't find dye remover and it's annoying me. I've been looking for hours for a merchant in the Blood and Wine area that sells it. I love the game but there's an overwhelming amount of stuff and almost no direction.

Well... I say "hours" but I've got distracted a lot by side quests and stuff. But still!

I know this merchant near the port sells it, along with other dyes:

1ggu4b.jpg
2czu2j.jpg

It's the area where there are large vats of colored dyes.

Omni

I know this merchant near the port sells it, along with other dyes:

It's the area where there are large vats of colored dyes.

ooooh. Thank you! I'll check this out later. I tried to Google it but could only find where to gets the dyes themselves, haha.

killatopak

Gold Member
The medallion's fate is not covered in the DLC and is rather spoilerish.
It is only referenced in one of the main game's endings.

How sad. I was hoping it would be recovered in B&W.

Finally finished HoS. What a ride. Albeit a bit short since there's too few secondary quests added. So many missable items though. If I didn't retry a few times, I would have missed it.

Just started up B&W and it's beautiful. Is it my imagination or did the game ran smoother on B&W?

It was great until I went to this northwest wine town where I encountered my first game breaking bug. I was looting some stuff and ran into a locked door. Instead of just not letting me in, I fell through the floor and landed on a cellar of which the exit is locked. If I only knew how to share the video on PS4 then I would show it.

Stopped playing for tonight since that dampened my mood to play. Hopefully these hidden bugs are patched by CDPR on the Pro/One X patch. I don't want to encounter them on my second playthrough.

VeeP

Finished Hearts of Stone about two weeks ago - amazing. Seriously, really enjoyed it.

And I just started Blood and Wine a bit after that, I'm at the part just right after the
masquerade ball ends
. How far am I into the main quest?

I've been slow burning Witcher 3 for about two years now. Really been enjoying it. The game has so much the offer, and the soundtrack is wonderful. I was the Duchess's castle yesterday, and just looking at area's in the distance, the map, etc. CDPR did an amazing job.

GutsOfThor

Just completed the main game and told myself I was going to take a break from the game for a couple weeks but as soon as I gained control of Geralt after the credits, I started Hearts Of Stone lol.

I have one concern though and that is none of my higher class weapons/armor are showing up at any of the master blacksmith/armorers. I just completed the Oneiri diagram quest and went immediatley to the runewright to craft my Oneiri weapons/armor but found that none of them were there even though I completed the quest.

Is this some sort of glitch?

Just completed the main game and told myself I was going to take a break from the game for a couple weeks but as soon as I gained control of Geralt after the credits, I started Hearts Of Stone lol.

I have one concern though and that is none of my higher class weapons/armor are showing up at any of the master blacksmith/armorers. I just completed the Oneiri diagram quest and went immediatley to the runewright to craft my Oneiri weapons/armor but found that none of them were there even though I completed the quest.

Is this some sort of glitch?

if it's Grandmaster armor you are collecting you need to unlock the Grandmaster Smith (it's in Blood & Wine dlc iirc

TheKeyPit

Banned
My only problem with this game is that you can outlevel quests. I'm currently playing through B&W and it annoys me that I have to check which quests I should do first to gain the maximum amount of xp.

ShaD321

My only problem with this game is that you can outlevel quests. I'm currently playing through B&W and it annoys me that I have to check which quests I should do first to gain the maximum amount of xp.

If only for xp this is the case. But if you want to have some fun with low level quests, you can change option to buff weaker opponents to your level.

Jamiaro

I think I've met a gamebreaking bug in Hearts of Stone. I cannot interact with a table in the wedding, near where Gaunter O'Dimm and Geralt have a chat. :/

Edit: yeah... nevermind. It was upstairs. 😁

killatopak

Gold Member
holy moly grandmaster armor are expensive!

Managed to build a manticore set but tried to replace them with the wolf set. I only managed to make a glove and the materials to build the chest piece with 10k wtf.

killatopak

Gold Member
When should I play the DLCs? Should I finish the main game first? I was kind of wanting to do another play through anyway.

play through the game would be recommended as the level requirement on both expansions are higher.

Finished HoS at level 39 while highest level requirement I've seen in B&W is 46.

hitgirl

Getting some frame drops in the DLC Blood and Wine, spoilers in the more details on where it is. Anyone else experience this?

It's in the dream world with all the story book tales. I've played 160 hours at a locked 60 but here I'm getting 40fps or so. On a i7 6700k @ 4.7 and a GTX 1070

Munki

play through the game would be recommended as the level requirement on both expansions are higher.

Finished HoS at level 39 while highest level requirement I've seen in B&W is 46.

True, but you might miss this little nugget in HoS.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - Vesemir's Love Story (Vesemir's alive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHbH9MBbmFM

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - Vesemir about Countess Mignole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUMBEGz4afg

This game is f*ckin amazing.

Exactly how good is the dlc?

Want to rebuy the game. can someone remind me of the combat? It always felt unrewarding and clanky but I think maybe I should have played on normal

TheKeyPit

Banned

Want to rebuy the game. can someone remind me of the combat? It always felt unrewarding and clanky but I think maybe I should have played on normal
You surely mean "Expansion", not DLC. On a scale from 1 to 10 and compared to other games' Expansions: It' a 15.

Many will tell you that Hearts of Stone has the best story compared to the main game and Blood&Wine.

Cracklox

^ What the person above said. Blood and Wine has enough content to be its own game, and Hearts of Stone, while not quite as meaty, tells an excellent tale and is probably the best story thread in the game. All up, the expansion pass was honestly one of the better value things I've bought this gen

Exentryk

Getting some frame drops in the DLC Blood and Wine, spoilers in the more details on where it is. Anyone else experience this?

It's in the dream world with all the story book tales. I've played 160 hours at a locked 60 but here I'm getting 40fps or so. On a i7 6700k @ 4.7 and a GTX 1070

That area is more resource intensive. Just need better hardware.

Man Im glad to be back. Very much missed this game

Im already frustrated with combat though

Fightig foglets with Lambert and they are just damn invincible.

I quit the mission and am going to stock up. I think i just need to do that moving forward. Buying a bunch of potions and buffs hopefully alleviates the lack of combat feeling largely finnicky.

Munki

Man Im glad to be back. Very much missed this game

Im already frustrated with combat though

Fightig foglets with Lambert and they are just damn invincible.

I quit the mission and am going to stock up. I think i just need to do that moving forward. Buying a bunch of potions and buffs hopefully alleviates the lack of combat feeling largely finnicky.

What level are you? I'm assuming since you are with Lambert you are 30+?

What level are you? I'm assuming since you are with Lambert you are 30+?

It was the quest called Trials or something, where you're in the Fortress, after finding Uma.

Er, Im level 18, but I think I need to level up some more so I have to bail on the mission for now.

Cracklox

It was the quest called Trials or something, where you're in the Fortress, after finding Uma.

Er, Im level 18, but I think I need to level up some more so I have to bail on the mission for now.

18 should be ok for the quest, which has a requirement of 19, so it should be more the doable. What level silver sword are you using? Maybe your gears a little behind where it should be? Also foglets really don't like igni so spam that. Even if it doesn't do a tonne of damage its basically a guaranteed stun where you can get hits in. Also consider necrophage oil. I've never really tried oils, but from all reports they can be pretty damn useful for monsters you're struggling with

18 should be ok for the quest, which has a requirement of 19, so it should be more the doable. What level silver sword are you using? Maybe your gears a little behind where it should be? Also foglets really don't like igni so spam that. Even if it doesn't do a tonne of damage its basically a guaranteed stun where you can get hits in. Also consider necrophage oil. I've never really tried oils, but from all reports they can be pretty damn useful for monsters you're struggling with

My gear maybe bad

I think my damage is like 115?

Cracklox

My gear maybe bad

I think my damage is like 115?

Yeah that sounds like it maybe pretty low for that level. If you haven't, do some quests for some of the witcher gear sets. You should be able to use at least the basic versions of most sets at level 18.

That's more or less the best gear in the game and can be upgraded another 3 times which boosts its stats and changes the look. You need to have the blue print for each upgrade as well as meet a level requirement though. Also the quests for the gear take you to some pretty neat places so their often worth doing for that alone

Yeah that sounds like it maybe pretty low for that level. If you haven't, do some quests for some of the witcher gear sets. You should be able to use at least the basic versions of most sets at level 18.

That's more or less the best gear in the game and can be upgraded another 3 times which boosts its stats and changes the look. You need to have the blue print for each upgrade as well as meet a level requirement though. Also the quests for the gear take you to some pretty neat places so their often worth doing for that alone

Thanks a bunch

I definitely love exploring this world

You know, I really wish it was possible to play in first person. I think what I like about Elder Scrolls is just that... it just gets you immersed into the world.

Witcher's world is so much more detailed and beautiful, and I wish I could experience that in first person.

Not for combat of course, but just to stroll in the forests and towns.

Not on PC :(

You know, I think I regret going with Yen so far :'(

I feel like I want Triss. Yen is so mean and Triss was fun. I forgot what happened to her, can someone give me a recap?

I recall
a storyline with her helping some people get out of some town.... But then where did she go? :(

I also remember some party and maze, what was that about again?

The1Ski

Definitely have a RTTP thing going on as I played a whole bunch at launch on PS4 but never finished the game. Saw the goty edition for PC at $25 and couldn't pass it up.

I honestly forgot how great some of the story lines are. Forgot how beautiful the country and cities are. Especially now paying on PC running high/ultra. Everything is just so aesthetically pleasing.

Didn't really "get" gwent when I played the first time but after playing and enjoying Hearthstone, things clicked more and really enjoying pursuing rare cards. I'll definitely have to check out the stand alone gwent game.

So many of the QoL changes have been great. Crafting materials having zero weight has been a simple but significant change. I remember much anxiety trying to decide which materials I should ditch after finding a new sword or whatever that I wanted to hang on to.

I'm really looking forward to checking out the dlc since I'll be new to me. I've heard nothing but great things.

Now that there's a new game +, my plan is to push through the main story and save the "clear every question mark" for the second play through.

All in all, just really pumped to be back! This game is my new escape after the wife and daughter go to bed.

Definitely have a RTTP thing going on as I played a whole bunch at launch on PS4 but never finished the game. Saw the goty edition for PC at $25 and couldn't pass it up.

I honestly forgot how great some of the story lines are. Forgot how beautiful the country and cities are. Especially now paying on PC running high/ultra. Everything is just so aesthetically pleasing.

Didn't really "get" gwent when I played the first time but after playing and enjoying Hearthstone, things clicked more and really enjoying pursuing rare cards. I'll definitely have to check out the stand alone gwent game.

So many of the QoL changes have been great. Crafting materials having zero weight has been a simple but significant change. I remember much anxiety trying to decide which materials I should ditch after finding a new sword or whatever that I wanted to hang on to.

I'm really looking forward to checking out the dlc since I'll be new to me. I've heard nothing but great things.

Now that there's a new game +, my plan is to push through the main story and save the "clear every question mark" for the second play through.

All in all, just really pumped to be back! This game is my new escape after the wife and daughter go to bed.

I sort of regret not getting this on PC yet again, but I didnt want to start everything all over.

I am still stunned with the forests. Its the best game Ive played that does forests so well. Most other games feel so spare, but the wind blowing, the paths for folks, the shrubs and density, the lighting. So perfect.

I want thicker. I still want an RPG that has much more space in between of empty road and thick forest to really build a sense of scale.

I am appreciating the stories again as well, but I am especially appreciating Geralt. For such a typical grizzly and serious character, he is so damn cool and amazing. And very clearly has a soft side that feels charming and genuine if you allow it.

His facial expressions are great, the way he speaks softly, and then sternly and threatingly, all in the same voice.... but it just feels so perfect.

I adore him as a character, I absolutely love the writing, and enjoy the supporting characters a lot.

And the monsters...man, it feels like Im playing some Fairy Tale game because they really do a fantastic job of monsters and magic. I even love the human factions, as typical as they are.

Gwent is awesome but its funny how archaic and broken the Witcher version is in light of the standalone. I love Gwent the Online game a ton, and it really helped me appreciate the characters in the game.

The biggest thing for me is, I am liking the combat like never before. It's serviceable, and it works fine when Im juggling Signs and potions. I think what I dislike is how busy everything is as Im constantly shuffling menus and items and it makes things a bit tedious... I wish they found a way to hotfix "Hold L2" to allow you to quick-bind a bunch of other things to make things easier.

That + the menus are still clunky and slow, but much better than before.

All in all, Im super happy I came back and am excited to eventually start the DLC that has gotten ridiculous astronomical praise

killatopak

Gold Member
Does the PC release/mods fix the slowness of the inventory system, specifically the storage?

I'm a bit of a hoarder so I always keep 1 of every armor/weapon found in the game. That really bogs down the game on PS4. Inventory management becomes a pain.

Exentryk

Does the PC release/mods fix the slowness of the inventory system, specifically the storage?

I'm a bit of a hoarder so I always keep 1 of every armor/weapon found in the game. That really bogs down the game on PS4. Inventory management becomes a pain.

There wasn't any slowdown in the menus on PC for the longest time, but when they changed the UI in the later patches, one of the inventory tabs does slow down if you have a lot of stuff in there. Not sure if they got around to fixing that, as I didn't stick around for final few patches.

Cracklox

I'm gonna try to take another crack at the witcher 3. This will be my 3rd try in. About how many hours in will I get truly sucked in?

Each for there own, but it took all of about the opening cinematic sequence for that to happen to me.

I'd say at least get to Velen, and see out the Bloody Baron/Crones story line. Depending how much exploring you do thats around 5-10 hours or so. If you're still not feeling it then
(god help you)
then it'd be pretty safe to bail

How far did you get with your other attempts, out of interest?

Each for there own, but it took all of about the opening cinematic sequence for that to happen to me.

I'd say at least get to Velen, and see out the Bloody Baron/Crones story line. Depending how much exploring you do thats around 5-10 hours or so. If you're still not feeling it then
(god help you)
then it'd be pretty safe to bail

How far did you get with your other attempts, out of interest?

The first main quest basically. Killing some flying monster. Okay I'm gonna try to get to Velen

Cracklox

The first main quest basically. Killing some flying monster. Okay I'm gonna try to get to Velen

Ya that questline is essentially the 'tutorial' if you will. The game proper really starts when you get to Velen. Its a massive fuck off map, with heaps to do and see, but you can more or less get straight into the Bloody Baron stuff when you get there if you want. Its does weave in and out of one or two other questlines at the same time too.

Outside of the Hearts of Stone expansion and the story that tells, the BB stuff is widely considered the best quest in the game for storytelling.

Anyway, I hope it clicks because the game truly is amazing

Thinking or buying the GOTY version for ps4 pro, anything I need to know about how it runs at the moment? I had it at release but dropped it for whatever reason, but I'd like to have another go at it.
I remember the menu screens were using incredibly small text font, making it awkward to read, did that ever get fixed?

killatopak

Gold Member
There wasn't any slowdown in the menus on PC for the longest time, but when they changed the UI in the later patches, one of the inventory tabs does slow down if you have a lot of stuff in there. Not sure if they got around to fixing that, as I didn't stick around for final few patches.

Nice. If the Pro patch doesn't fix this I might double dip on PC.

I'm gonna try to take another crack at the witcher 3. This will be my 3rd try in. About how many hours in will I get truly sucked in?

Baron Questline made me immersed.

I just bought this game on Steam and I'm encountering some issues. Namely, I keep getting this problem where after like 30 min of playing, the screen will suddenly go black. Alt tabbing back and forth seems to work, but it's really annoying. What solutions are there?

EDIT: It was the Power Settings. I set it to darken the screen after 15 min and changing that solved the issue.

Coreda

I'm sorry what

Yeah, it's not quite like that. It only applies if you have bought the expansion pass originally on GOG from my understanding, and it seems killatopak only has the PS4 version currently. Not sure they gave it to everyone, but I did receive a copy several months ago (not that I saw the point tbh given they're both the same content).

Top Bottom