• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

DLC.

Come on guys, we know they have to hold out on SOMETHING for compelling DLC.

It makes sense that Activision would allow for Spyro/Crash via DLC so they can profit off of it. Same with Cloud. F*CK Lightning. And Shadow for DLC would be great too. It's all DLC, I know it.

fetal-man.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I appreciate that, i definitely don't want to put my source at risk.

And i do not know the final character count! So while i do know the characters that have been told to me, i do not know if thats all of them.

So hope for more, expect less :p

No problem, and thanks.

cyborg009

Banned
Imagine SOTC vs GOW stage

Where you ride a colossus and one of the titans attacks the colossus, you have to jump from colossus to titan while they battle.

My most wanted character in the game and the least that's likely to be there lol

Demon souls VS SOTC

we already have two stages that have GOW elements

TheMink

If Mink is really saying that Musashi is in the game, then he doesn't have a source.

My source mentioned him as a (possible) alt for a character, i didn't dive further when he was telling me because quite honestly i didn't know who he was at the time :p

I wouldnt expect him as a ful fledged character

BlazinAm

gamescom (8/15) - Sackboy, Nariko, Sir Dan & Dante [all European]
TGS (9/20) - Spike & Raiden [all Japanese]
NYCC (10/11) - Ratchet & Evil Cole [all American] -- Cole was revealed at Comic-Con, and so Evil Cole would be revealed at New York Comic Con

The reveals practically write themselves.

i would assume that the disk is going to press outlets by the time NYCC comes around.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Remember, they are still working on the game and still pushing more contents. Also they said that they are trying to add more characters that they were surprised that people are demanding those characters. Think positive for last minute additions (like Sonic and Brawl) or just hope for DLC/Sequel.

Shameless bump this quote for people who might enter in their panic mode.

RedBoot

I don't think they're putting anyone from FFVIII in.

Ha, I was just about to post something about Vaan not being in the game. Opinions are great!

But yeah, Musashi makes no sense when all the 3rd party characters are from recent or upcoming games.

Unless this is a stealth announcement of BFM2, in which case, I'mokaywiththis.jpg.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't think they're putting anyone from FFVIII in.

That's 2nd worst :p

Honestly I'd prefer Squall than Lightning. They're pretty similar personality wise and at least Squall won't give me too many bad memories. Unless his ability would involve the Draw mechanic *cringe*

evolution

Wow if they couldn't get crash and spryo, It would only benefit those characters. That's some bullshit, right there. Hopefully superbot can give a detailed explanation after the game is released.

Drago

Wow if they couldn't get crash and spryo, It would only benefit those characters. That's some bullshit, right there. Hopefully superbot can give a detailed explanation after the game is released.

Activision is mean and greedy

there's the explanation

Can't wait for Lightning to be the most broken character and hear everyone complain.

Also evil Cole is probably going to have ionic drain as his level three which pretty much equals area of effect instant ko.

LuuKyK

My source mentioned him as a (possible) alt for a character, i didn't dive further when he was telling me because quite honestly i didn't know who he was at the time :p

I wouldnt expect him as a ful fledged character

Alt character? There are no other characters that play anything like him. x_x

Edit: Oh. Alt Costume? Still. Doesn't make much sense to me...

Are you telling me that the Farron Godess was renegated to an Alt Costume too? What kind of outrage.

I hope the idea some people mentioned that PS3 versions of "games get codes for new characters", expanding the roster with DLC with no additional cost (if you buy the other game the character comes from) or by paying like 5-10$ per character (preferably 5 obviously, but I dont see it happening), gets implement

That'd be like a marketing fighter lol, but still giving the candy to everyone with their fav characters fighting other people fav characters.

For example looking at this in retrospective.we would probably have characters such as John Martson or Adam Jensen.

Khezu

I don't mind nu Dante being in. Him and the old one are kinda the same IMO, both really annoying douche bags, only difference is one is an anime character and the other is on meth.

I wouldn't ever play as him in this game anyway, not to shit on the game, but I doubt Dante in this will be anywhere near as awesome as he is in marvel.

No Snake?!? INSTANT BUY!

Dante, Raiden & Spike! That's quite the line up. Only thing missing is Sora, and it'd have my dream list.
Oh and Wander & Ico but I'll live.

If this was the final list,would you guys be satisfied?

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

Honestly I would be. Outside of Crash and Cloud this is a fantastic first game list. Sir Daniel! There is some great fan service going on.

Ploid 3.0

I'm ok with the stuff shown so far, even if DmC dante is true (he still should be fun to try or fight against), as long as the gameplay is solid. I've been only playing with Parappa in the beta and I feel no need to play as others since I'm still learning and having fun. It's the first game so I guess devs don't really feel pressured to get their characters (classic characters?) in the game. I wonder how much pull Kaz had with Gran Turismo 1. now GT is like a car museum.

P.S. I never believed, that Crash and Spyro would make it in, but how awesome would it have been. Insomniac and Naughty Dog would have had 3 characters each in the game. How many dev teams would be able to say ... oh wait Sucker Punch beat them to the uh punch.

I'm ok with the stuff shown so far, even if DmC dante is true (he still should be fun to try or fight against), as long as the gameplay is solid. I've been only playing with Parappa in the beta and I feel no need to play as others since I'm still learning and having fun. It's the first game so I guess devs don't really feel pressured to get their characters (classic characters?) in the game. I wonder how much pull Kaz had with Gran Turismo 1. now GT is like a car museum.

P.S. I never believed, that Crash and Spyro would make it in, but how awesome would it have been. Insomniac and Naughty Dog would have had 3 characters each in the game. How many dev teams would be able to say ... oh wait Sucker Punch beat them to the uh punch.

Yeah my only dissapppointment. It would have been so glorious to see Crash again and his theme music. Dun Dun boo booo booo booo boooo BO BOPE PO BO PO Dun Dun...

RedBoot

At any rate, if Musashi's not in the game then there's at least one more character, in order to keep up the even-numbered roster.

wtf? I loved FF8! :( much more than FF7
No one's perfect, good sir.

DLC.

Come on guys, we know they have to hold out on SOMETHING for compelling DLC.

It makes sense that Activision would allow for Spyro/Crash via DLC so they can profit off of it. Same with Cloud. F*CK Lightning. And Shadow for DLC would be great too. It's all DLC, I know it.
It's a nice dream.

Remember, they are still working on the game and still pushing more contents. Also they said that they are trying to add more characters that they were surprised that people are demanding those characters. Think positive for last minute additions (like Sonic and Brawl) or just hope for DLC/Sequel.
I'm sure Capcom will squeeze Megaman into one of the editions of MvC3, too. :)

TheMink

If it's any consolation it was clear to me you meant alt costume when you first stated it. Everyone needs to calm down, nobody is forcing you to believe anything

Thank you haha!

I wasnt even going to portray it as a leak at any point before this, but then this leak happened, then people remembered the characters that i "guessed" were coming and then people said "wait... what the hell?!?! you know something!" so here i am :p

If this was the final list,would you guys be satisfied?

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

Just add Cloud & Old Snake.. Wander & the chick from Gravity Rush would be a great bonus.

Sponge

Banned
I'm still holding out for DLC, We'll get some of the goods we missed eventually.

I could easily see stuff like Cloud and Kat being DLC down the line, Crash if Sony can moneyhat Activision enough.

k_Reign

Now I just wanna see more (confirmed) characters!

I think the two I am hoping for most are Kat and Lightning...I am also surprised to see that Snake is not a big part of this speculation; I thought he was all but confirmed.

Anyway, I assume the two characters I want most would not be revealed until TGS were they in the roster...oh well! I think the rest of the roster will bring plenty of surprises.

Top Bottom