• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unconfirmed: Gran Turismo 6 officially announced (Holiday 2013 / PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is bullshit. Killer apps are what sell consoles.

What is bullshit if Sony bring out GT6 for PS4 will they have the enought supply of systems for them to take advantage of it ?
We hearing they trying there best to launch in EU this year which is GT strongest region .
Having GT as killer app means nothing if you can't have the systems to sell.
Best people can hope for is cross gen and that means it won't really take advantage of PS4 hardware .

Spiegel

This should probably be locked.

As the Mods at GT Planet have pointed out. THE PRESS EVENT HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET lol.

Press releases are sent to the press time before the events sometimes. That's why embargos exist.

Not saying that this is true. I don't know.

Why is everyone assuming this to be true and why has the OP claimed it has been officially announced?

This is what the Gt planet administrator said:

Just so you know, NO information is being released until the presentation at 4pm. No-one there knows anything now they didn't know last week.

The iafrica piece is simply put together from wishes and Kazunori's Facebook feed...
Linus27
For some reason, that does seem pretty detailed, for example, claiming new new tracks and new manufacturer partners like Yokomaha. If it is true then I am happy with the news.
... in which he posted about visiting KW and Yokohama.

Nothing in there is true, unless it's accidentally true.
Duphman
Silly question. Seeing that GTPlanet is one of the more well-known Gran Turismo fan sites, did anyone on this website think to actually show up to Silverstone?

Conjecture is nice and all, but when tangible evidence is somewhere, shouldn't it be pursued? Do we have UK anons in this thread?
Yes. Our site owner is there. By invitation from SCEA.

A few other journalists who also use GTP are there, but no-one who hasn't been invited can get in.

sunnz

There are several Halo's on 360 including Halo 4 which is part of a new trilogy. PS3 only has one proper GT game, it deserves another.

That is true, but those halo's are not coming out months before a brand new console, they came out in time and at the right time.

I mean GT6 on the ps3 is more of a short time success IMO than it being on the ps4 as well ( exclusive or not)

This thread is basically PS3 owners angry at spending $60/£40 and would rather spend $450+ for GT6.

$450 for a next gen GT game with advanced graphics, physics etc and a game that will blow my mind away, sure I would pay that.

Really weird strategy, releasing this on the PS4 would have been such a tremendous incentive for people to switch over to the new console...

Pistolero

Very pleased with this information, as I don't intend to buy the PS4 before 2015 at the earliest, and I must admit being a little surprised by the negativity :
1- A proper PS4 GT game will take quite a while anyway (In 2-3 years time).
2- If you are a PS3 owner, you should rejoice at the idea of getting another iteration of the series.

Regardless of the heated debate on whether the episode should have skipped this gen entirely or not, one can only appreciate the last official year of the PS3 : GT6, Puppeteer, Rain, TLOU, GOW A, Beyond : Two Souls. I've seen far worst farewells.

StuBurns

Banned
Why? I'd bet that Polyphony has two teams, and that a separate (much larger) portion of the studio is currently working on a next gen GT. It makes perfect sense for them to release a new GT as soon as possible for PS3 to help bolster their revenue for continued PS4 development.

It does them no good to rush into a PS4 release of a GT if the end result is going to be less than stellar. PS4 release will need more premium cars, as Standard cars simply will not cut it comparatively to all of the next gen content. This makes sense, you're being irrational.
No, I'm not being irrational, firstly, your speculation is worthless to me, so any talk of second teams I shall ignore as baseless guess work, so on to the real issue. If they're on three year cycles at this point, that puts the PS4 GT out November 2016. Sony's biggest IP, and the center piece of it's European strategy is going to be coming very late, MS is going to put everything on winning Europe this time. So above all else, I think waiting for GT7 is a very poor decision. Why GT6 should be on both is pretty simple, it's clearly beneficial to anyone wanting to move to PS4. It's not a reason to upgrade, but as it stands, Sony are actually giving people a reason not to.

Many teams put games out on PS3, 360 and PC at the same time, this year we'll see a few games being on those three, and the three next-gen systems. Getting two SKUs ready is not some huge task beyond Sony's ability.

The only possible benefit I could see is maybe it helps DriveClub, which seems like a pretty poor reason not to put the game on PS4. If anything, I'd argue it'll hurt it. Now less driving fans are even going to want the system it's on.

I find it interesting that this press release could indeed be fake... its english is actually a little simple. There are no details outside of the amount of cars, and tracks. The mention of tyre suspension company is interesting though.

Also the lack of release date is another big clue on how it could be fake. Surely they'd have a date? Its in less than year away.

Why PS3?

Seems like a waste of resources developing for a console in its eleventh hour. I know the PS2 enjoyed sales into the release of PS3, but that might have been one of the reasons PS3 sucked for a few years after launch.

Because they spent four years on creating technology for the PS3 and only released one and "a half" games for the PS3. They have made their money back, but installed userbase etc financial matters, make it a very easy choice that this game has to arrive on the PS3 and not PS4.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be retained in GT6. But notable additions to the line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online.

This makes me very pleased

EDIT: Oh fake? :/

I find it interesting that this press release could indeed be fake... its english is actually a little simple. There are no details outside of the amount of cars, and tracks. The mention of tyre suspension company is interesting though.

Also the lack of release date is another big clue on how it could be fake. Surely they'd have a date? Its in less than year away.

Apparently they got that form looking at Kaz's facebook feed.

Angst

Why is everyone assuming this to be true and why has the OP claimed it has been officially announced?

This is what the Gt planet administrator said:

Yeah, please close this thread. It's just iafrica fishing for website hits. *Look at all the visitors we have, from all over the planet*

AngryMoth

Will be waiting for reviews on this one, i didnt enjoy 5 anywhere near as much as 4. What's dissapointing is that the wait for s GT game on ps4 will be MUCH longer than expected.

No, I'm not being irrational, firstly, your speculation is worthless to me, so any talk of second teams I shall ignore as baseless guess work

"It seems idiotic not to have it on PS4 day one. How many people sell/trade their systems when they upgrade? Sony just gave five million GT fans a reason not to buy a PS4. Moronic. Of course it should be on PS3, but not exclusively."

Mojojo

Very happy about this as I don't buy any new console at launch, more playtime for my PS3 (but I understand the frustration of early adopters).

Now I just hope the "6" is justified.

NotLiquid

Of all the Sony franchises that could churn sales, this is the one they skip putting on PS4 for their launch hype?

I'm not sure I see the sense in that.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
false2.jpg

Elixist

We already knew that it was going to be on the PS3, so i'm not sure why people are acting shocked.

this lol. wasnt there like 3 retailers listing it for ps3? that seems like too much of a coincidence. Also of course its gonna look like shit compared to next gen Forza, but then Sony will will see the receipts and they'll have a laugh about it.

ekim

Well both sites reside in South-Africa - maybe only South-African media outlets got those press release? El33tonline was a good site in my book.

Hasney

If GT6 does not release on PS4 as well as the PS3 surely that means waiting for GT7 on the PS4, but how long would that take? 3 years?

Surely something has got to be in the works for the PS4 so we see GT on the PS4 within a year of the PS4 release date surely?

Why would you think that? GT3 was close to a year after, but GT5 wasn't anywhere near. It'll be a few years wait regardless. I guarantee it.

Of all the Sony franchises that could churn sales, this is the one they skip putting on PS4 for their launch hype?

I'm not sure I see the sense in that.

You think they should just put the PS3 game in a PS4 box? PD are not going to have PS4 level models ready for anywhere near launch, so it would just be the PS3 version on a different format I would bet.

StuBurns

Banned
"It seems idiotic not to have it on PS4 day one. How many people sell/trade their systems when they upgrade? Sony just gave five million GT fans a reason not to buy a PS4. Moronic. Of course it should be on PS3, but not exclusively."
What part of that is irrational?

There isn't a comma version of a question mark, so maybe you think those two sentences are fundamentally connected, but they are not.

Respawn

Banned
That is true, but those halo's are not coming out months before a brand new console, they came out in time and at the right time.

I mean GT6 on the ps3 is more of a short time success IMO than it being on the ps4 as well ( exclusive or not)

$450 for a next gen GT game with advanced graphics, physics etc and a game that will blow my mind away, sure I would pay that.

Your ability to DC and BP is legendary.

ekim

El33tonline changed their article:
http://www.el33tonline.com/post/2013/05/15/exciting-gran-turismo-announcement-inbound-this-evening/

"Exciting Gran Turismo announcement inbound this evening" is the new title.
Late last week, Sony and Polyphony Digital revealed that a special Gran Turismo themed event was to take place at Britain’s historied Silverstone race track, which would play host to exciting announcements regarding the future of the Gran Turismo series.

El33tonline has been provided with this exciting information with loads of details on what to expect from the Gran Turismo franchise this year, so stay tuned and be sure to return here at 6pm (CET / South African) for all of the information!

Note: El33tonline was notified of an embargo on this information only after we received the official press release. Please look forward to further details later today.

Stuart444

I'm certainly not surprised, I always thought it would be on the PS3

PS1: GT1 and 2
PS2: GT3 and 4
PS3: GT5 and 6

PS4 will probably get two main GT games as well if this pattern continues and all.

Aguirre

Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We're pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform.

i think, because, ps4 isnt out yet XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom