• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Release Date Accidentally Leaked

SJRB

Gold Member
8YtHtJO.gif

Simo

Yeah Leo still runs the site, absolutely love the new layout. He also streams some Metal Gear from time to time.

He hates me for posting this on GAF lol, he said he will get lynched.

Man, he never used to update shit back in the day except redesign the site over and over. lol

I was a frequent member there from 1998-2004 and thats when all the news broke on MGN message boards including myself getting an early copy of the MGS2 demo, breaking the news on Solidus, Fortune and Raiden and I think I broke the news of the MGS3 casting sheet but thats going back a bit to remember.

Goreomedy was a regular there too and I remember we both kind of jumped on GAF at the same time when the E3 2001 trailer debuted.

So we're looking at potentially Having:
-Bloodborne
-Batman Arkham Knight
-MGS V
-The Witcher 3

All within a 4 month timeframe? I said goddamn...

DieH@rd

Banned
Honestly, I expect late 2015 or early 2016.

But if its our earlier, even better. :)

-Bloodborne
-Batman Arkham Knight
-MGS V
-The Witcher 3

AK will possibly be Q2 or later. But.... Order 1886 is 100% in February. :D

Simo

-Bloodborne
-Batman Arkham Knight
-MGS V
-The Witcher 3

Going for Jan-May for me it'd be..
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • MGSV
  • The Witcher
  • Dying Light
  • The Order
  • Mad Max

....fuck.

Moongazer

I thought The Phantom Pain was always implied to be coming out in 2015 and considering it already looks pretty polished at least from the E3 demo they showed I'm guessing that date could be true. Very exciting if it is and would be a great way to kick off 2015 on top of all the other goodness coming out then.

While I would definitely be okay with that release date, that seems way too soon. Isn't there still quite a bit of work left to do on the game? And that release date would put it a mere eight months away?

I hope so. I hope so. Played the very first trailer today (the one with the Garbage song) and remembered how excited I was for it. The tone was just so...weird. It was strange seeing Snake so depowered and vulnerable, combined with the supernatural elements and slow-paced song playing in the background. Man, I need this game in my veins.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
You can back that up with something?

With The Order coming out so late in February, it would be wise for Sony to wait at least till the end of March for BloodBorne. This will give advertising and time needed to promote the game. An April, May, or even June will help separate it from other games, which worked well with The Last of Us and Watch_Dogs.

If they don't screw up MGO it's the only game I'll be playing from March until the wave of fall games release. Please let it be so.

KoopaTheCasual

March is the new October.

With The Order coming out so late in February, it would be wise for Sony to wait at least till the end of March for BloodBorne. This will give advertising and time needed to promote the game. An April, May, or even June will help separate it from other games, which worked well with The Last of Us and Watch_Dogs.
Wasn't it also listed as Q4 on Sony's official E3 brochure, as well as dated on PSN with a March 31st place holder date? If anything, it's much more likely that BloodBorne comes in March, than MGSV.

Edit: Links for sources on my claims:
http://www.onlysp.com/bloodborne-infamous-first-light-release-dates-leaked/

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/bloodborne/news/bloodborne_due_on_ps4_between_january-march_2015.html

No way Bloodborne actually comes out early 2015.
Why do people keep thinking this? Game was supposed to have been revealed last year and has been in development for years already. It would be odd if it didn't come out in early 2015.

glottis8

Banned
I will have to take a two week vacation then.

Soooo.. you guys think the game will be ready by then? I was not expecting the game that soon. Specially with the scale and attention to polish that still needs to go into the game. If its true.. i am one happy guy. Then i don't have to keep trying to guess when i will get to play the game.

kermit-flail.gif

Lingitiz

And hopefully Xenoblade X.

Xenoblade seems like a May release while Yoshi, Mario Maker, and Kirby take up the first half. Not to mention a Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS, and a potential Fatal Frame localization and whatever might get announced...the first half of next year is looking good.

Splatoon is also expected for early 2015. Nice.

StuBurns

Banned
Why do people keep thinking this? Game was supposed to have been revealed last year and has been in development for years already. It would be odd if it didn't come out in early 2015.
It really hasn't been in development that long, it started after the DS1 DLC was finished, and they're making a next-gen leap, and it's a new IP, and that team has a history of profound technical shortcomings, and Sony has The Order for early '15.

There's no reason not to delay it really.

Top Bottom