• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of studios closed since 2006

lyrick

Damn n-Space too?

It seems that Nintendo platform focused Companies that splinter off are not having the greatest success rate operating in other gaming domains.

Damn n-Space too?

It seems that Nintendo platform focused Companies that splinter off are not having the greatest success rate operating in other gaming domains.

Hope Monster Games don't suffer that fate. :( Hopefully Nintendo's still working very closely with them.

Technically Free Radical and Crytek USA were the same, now they're Dambuster Studios at Deep Silver.

Two Tribes isn't really closed, well maybe that aspect in name I guess? But Two Tribes is still very much active, they're just not doing original titles anymore (well who knows what the future holds). And Disney Interactive Studios is also still active, but now just mobile-focused while Disney just mainly licenses games to other publishers, but DIS does still exist I believe.

Imageepoch have gone too, they probably bet the farm on Stella Glow, which was ridiculously high budget for a self-published handheld SRPG.

Press Play - shuttered alongside Lionhead.

Mitchell Corporation - Their website stated that company activity has been suspended. I think they've become a licensing company as DotEmu obtained the PANG license and commissioned a new game to be developed by PastaGames.

Treasure - rumoured to be a licensing company, not developing any new games. But no one is quite sure yet.

Top Bottom