• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Host Samurai said:
I know I am gonna get alot of shit for saying this but, why fucking Zero? I like the Mega Man X series as much as anybody but there are soooooooooo many other Capcom characters that can be used in the game.

Gene
Nemesis (Boss or Sub Boss)
Killer7
The Forgotten World guys

Not that I am pissed or anything but it would have been cool to see some of those characters used in a vs fighter.
Presumably Inafune's exerting influence and he's always liked Zero better than X.

Zero was actually originally supposed to be the star of the X series, but Capcom convinced him that it would be too different.

Razien

Banned
Host Samurai said:
I know I am gonna get alot of shit for saying this but, why fucking Zero? I like the Mega Man X series as much as anybody but there are soooooooooo many other Capcom characters that can be used in the game.

Gene
Nemesis (Boss or Sub Boss)
Killer7
The Forgotten World guys

Not that I am pissed or anything but it would have been cool to see some of those characters used in a vs fighter.

Killer7 is my favorite game of last gen, but still... Seriously? You are complaining about Zero? ZERO?!
First, Zero is cool. Second, complaining about Frank West makes much more sense. Third, Mega Man is awesome and deserves as many characters as possible. Fourth, those franchises are not nearly as known as... anything, basically.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you read Niitsuma's blogs, you'll realize that they're basing the inclusions of characters out of popularity and availability. Inafune is easily available, and you can pretty much tell that nearly every Capcom character in the game is created by him.

Hiltz

There is one character's absence in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom that I do not understand.

Where is Amaterasu (Okami) ?

Capcom throw in Viewtiful Joe and the boss from Okami and even big ass characters like Gold Lightan and the odd choice of PTX- 40A (which isn't even a character) and even Roll. Heck, they even considered adding a character from Phoenix Wright but not even Amaterasu. Why the heck not ? What would be the harm in adding 1 cult classic character ?
Besides, she's got a list of weird attacks like her head butt, mirror reflector, rosari beads, glaives and of course, the celestial brush techniques.

They better put her in the sequel if there ever will be one.

The only version of Mega Man I like is the original character. Volnuttt and Zero look stupid in my opinion.

By the way, Killer7 does rock.

Razien

Banned
Hiltz said:
There is one character's absence in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom that I do not understand.

Where is Amaterasu (Okami) ?

Capcom throw in Viewtiful Joe and the boss from Okami and even big ass characters like Gold Lightan and the odd choice of PTX- 40A (which isn't even a character) and even Roll. Heck, they even considered adding a character from Phoenix Wright but not even Amaterasu. Why the heck not ? What would be the harm in adding 1 cult classic character ?
Besides, she's got a list of weird attacks like her head butt, mirror reflector, rosari beads, glaives and of course, the celestial brush techniques.

They better put her in the sequel if there ever will be one.

The only version of Mega Man I like is the original character. Volnuttt and Zero look stupid in my opinion.

By the way, Killer7 does rock.

This is simple: how in hell do you put a wolf in the game? Every mid/high punch/kick/special wouldn't hit her. Having to play crouched to kill a specific character isn't cool. You'd have to make her huge, and then you'd have a problem with her width. AND it'd look really, really strange. Best case scenario, we could see Suzano.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Razien said:
This is simple: how in hell do you put a wolf in the game? Every mid/high punch/kick/special wouldn't hit her. Having to play crouched to kill a specific character isn't cool. You'd have to make her huge, and then you'd have a problem with her width. AND it'd look really, really strange. Best case scenario, we could see Suzano.

Jon Talbain.

Razien said:

okamiden-chisaki-taiyou-20090904090333727_640w.jpg

Besides, Roll is in the game, and she's not tall by any means.

Boss Doggie

Razien said:

Oh it's not impossible. In Tatsunoko Fighter, Friender is playable and played well.

Essentially they can make Ammy a fast character that deals moderate damage but lower vitality.

robut said:
I remember when the new characters were confirmed Yatterman 2 was also mentioned. What happened?

It was never really confirmed per say. It was more like deduced from a bunch of "leaked" web code. The leak listed Frank, Zero, Joe, and "Yatter02". Things could have changed, but I just don't see Capcom leaving the roster unbalanced like this. At the same time, I can't understand saving someone like Yatterman's partner for last.

Mega Mike

Banned
Gamestop pre order bonus is limited play/trading cards. Each set is different and you must trade to collect all. 100 cards have the devs autograph or something.

Seems pretty dam cool.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Gold Lightan and the Lost Planet mech are SO FUCKING BORING to use in Cross Generation Of Heroes. Both are HUGE and cannot have a tag partner, and just move so slow and play so dull-- at least Lightan is a little better. I hope Capcom has changed them up in UAS.

Boss Doggie

Actually PTX is considered a much better character than Lightan (which is sad to say). It has much more options than the golden mecha. The 3rd place in SBO tourney was as PTX user. Although yeah, they've been improved in UAS.

Forkball

Didn't Capcom announce they won't be announcing any more new characters or am I just misunderstanding something? Either way I think the game has a pretty fun roster.

Boss Doggie

That "Ken hitting on Joe when he does a Hyper move" is a reference to the Gatchaman series when Ken always stops Joe from pushing that Bird Missile button.

MoxManiac

Don't suppose a price has been announced for the fightstick? I'm hoping it's a little cheaper then the PS3/360 ones since it's a wiimote plug in (I think?)

Boss Doggie

Uh, it connects to the Wiimote.

Also, apparently there are 2 SKUs. The solo game, and the game packaged with the stick.

faridmon

2DMention said:
I still can't believe this game's getting released in the U.S. when the Tatsunoko characters have no presence in the West.
Tatsunoko is populer in Arab countries though. I wouldn't be surprised if its populer in Germany and France as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom