• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Stay as healer and watch the rest of my teams futile attempt to win: -25 points
Switch to other roles to try and give my team a better shot: -50 points

hmm

Jellie

Oh lmao I skimmed over it I thought he was unranked like his friend was.

Yeah that's weird as hell, it's possible the unranked guy has a really high MMR or something that pushes the bronze up, I'm not sure.
The bronze was 1.1k even if he was with a 5k player that would just be about low diamond average.
And the mercy lost all 3 placements.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Pls remove 2cp from the game. These 2 minute long overtimes while you kill defenders one by one are so boring.

Geneijin

A good variety of comps coming out in Apex. As a support main, I'm loving it this season.

Triple support (Ana, Zen, Lucio) on Hollywood used by both LW Blue and Lunatic Hai on defense.
LW Blue used Mercy, Zen, Widow to great effect on Route 66. Gambler had many good resses, Pine was landing great shots.
Do you remember against what teams? I'd be interested to watch.

Sayad

A good variety of comps coming out in Apex. As a support main, I'm loving it this season.

Triple support (Ana, Zen, Lucio) on Hollywood used by both LW Blue and Lunatic Hai on defense.
LW Blue used Mercy, Zen, Widow to great effect on Route 66. Gambler had many good resses, Pine was landing great shots.
EnVyUs using one healer + Sombra on defense in Volskaya was great too.

Haven't seen it posted here yet but Blizzard teased 3 new arena maps for the anniversary. The only thing worse than 2cp is ctf and 3v3 so kinda bummed they spent resources on 3 more arena maps when we've only gotten 2 maps total for the good modes in an entire year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUSy8lSBTJY/

Edit: also related it's complete bullshit that ctf and mystery heroes are in arcade every week but all brawls seemingly doesn't exist anymore.

MG310

8-3 tonight. 2518 to 2640

Really tough games tonight - last 2 in particular - we won but I was getting destroyed by the same Sombra in both games...especially when I was Zen throughout the Lijiang match.

Shahadan

I'm not sure if there is anything than annoys me more than 3 people defending the flag for the last minute despite the score being 0-1 or worse.

WHY.

"Let's defend guys we're going to lose harder!"

1 minute left in Numbani attack

Reaper has ult, D.va has ult, Zarya has ult.

Zarya blows her ult and doesn't kill anybody while Reaper and D.va are nowhere close

I was stunned, what a way to lose lol.

Any chance of Blizzard going crazy and releasing not only new skins but a new map(besides the arena maps), and a new character?

No on the new non-Arena map and new character. Unless they've decided to change things up- like putting something out that is Arcade playable only- they always put new maps and characters on the PTR to work out the bugs. And only on PC, so doing it Arcade-only would be a way to kinda do PTR, but get the consoles involved too.

Doubt it, though.

No on the new non-Arena map and new character. Unless they've decided to change things up- like putting something out that is Arcade playable only- they always put new maps and characters on the PTR to work out the bugs. And only on PC, so doing it Arcade-only would be a way to kinda do PTR, but get the consoles involved too.

Doubt it, though.

Well. It's a three week event. They could do three week of celebrations for the anniversary?

Week 1. Arena maps and character skins.
Week 2. PTR for a new map
Week 3. PTR for a new character.

I can dream right...? lol

Well. It's a three week event. They could do three week of celebrations for the anniversary?

I'd bet 100 Overwatch schmeckles week 2 and week 3 don't happen.

You're getting your timed overpriced skins and small maps for a shitty game mode and you're gonna like it.

So the new Overwatch event is a small map event obviously. Wondering what they're going to throw out there. 6v6 elimination would be pretty hilarious.

All the overwatch buzzwords are getting tiring.

"someone picked mercy, that person is a ONE TRICK"
"someone picked hanzo, they are THROWING"
"people are mad I picked hanzo, they are THROWING"
"someone killed me, they are a SMURF"
"someone died normally, they are FEEDING"

aahhhhh

Damn that one trick smurf who is throwing by feeding!

I wonder if they have any plans in bringing that original Lucio Ult into the game. Obviously slowing down the whole world would be ridiculous, but they could make it a smaller area.

Edit: Although thinking about it I suppose that's really Mei's Ult now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anyone in NA need to play HotS games with friends for overwatch goodies? I procrastinated and now I need 10 more games and I'm running out of time to do it.

Overpriced? They cost me $0.
I meant in game currency wise. Having them for a limited time on top of being triple the price is a bit much considering getting a "legendary" coin drop means you're still only 1/6 of the way to a single skin. Dupes of an event legendary put you at 1/12 of a skin.

Nimby

Banned
https://youtu.be/huS4_V4e3h0

Some cool early dev footage

This also has some interesting tidbits about support heroes during development.

- Ana was originally called the alchemist.
- Lucio's original ult was to slow time. It was changed because his teammates would be walking back from spawn and then his ult randomly activates.
- Mercy was originally named Angelica, Mercy was Pharah before she became Pharah.
- Symmetra originally had to build both the entrance and exit to her teleporter. Jeff also said her initial design might become a skin at some point.

I meant in game currency wise. Having them for a limited time on top of being triple the price is a bit much considering getting a "legendary" coin drop means you're still only 1/6 of the way to a single skin. Dupes of an event legendary put you at 1/12 of a skin.
If you're someone who feels the need to collect them all, that's a frustration. But personally, I usually only want a few things each event, and I'm cool with what I get. The events will roll around again in a year and we'll get more chances at them. I think my only issue is the value of event legendary duplicates.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is the type of shit I was talking about, intentionally tanking from Master to Bronze, how many games did he ruin by dropping over 2000 SR? How many players did he screw over? I wonder if they feel any sort of remorse for their actions.

2FPIznx.jpg

This is the type of shit I was talking about, intentionally tanking from Master to Bronze, how many games did he ruin by dropping over 2000 SR? How many players did he screw over? I wonder if they feel any sort of remorse for their actions.

Accounts like these should be permabanned (comp only) if they were reported by other players for throwing games.

Plesiades

That would be really dissapointing for console players.

"We're celebrating the launch of OW with stuff you can't try."

If you're someone who feels the need to collect them all, that's a frustration. But personally, I usually only want a few things each event, and I'm cool with what I get. The events will roll around again in a year and we'll get more chances at them. I think my only issue is the value of event legendary duplicates.

Yeah and they'll also add more overpriced skins in next year's version of the events ;)

On another note, the Discord is assembling a group for the HotS quests. We have 3 people, are waiting for the fourth who expressed interest yesterday, so a fifth would be cool. If anyone is interested, just join the Discord or PM me.
Though note we don't know when our fourth is coming on so...

Edit: Just as I say that he logged on lol

This and leavers are the two problems OW has in my opinion. I don't care if I have a Hanzo on my team every match - if I never had to suffer a leaver, smurf, or thrower, I would be happy.

Yeah and they'll also add more overpriced skins in next year's version of the events ;)

But how many do I want?! Not many, I imagine! I tend to only want the "best" skin for each character, and then I'm happy. So unless a skin beats Reaper's Plague Doctor, for example, I don't care about getting it.

So the GotY edition is digital only and is exactly the same as the Origins edition except for the 10 additional boxes. Interesting. Assuming it's getting a price cut too.

everybodyman

Neo Member
I've been seeing people in my comp games leaving the match halfway through. Apparently there's a new bug that lets you leave without losing SR or getting a ban. I cant find anything on Reddit or twitter about this bug though.

Owzers

I've been seeing people in my comp games leaving the match halfway through. Apparently there's a new bug that lets you leave without losing SR or getting a ban. I cant find anything on Reddit or twitter about this bug though.

It must be something only genjis know how to do when asked to switch.

Top Bottom