• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Kaladin

Imagine if Daniel Bryan wins the Raw title. They can feud
(feed him to)
him with John Cena

Jade1.png

I'm still waiting on Daniel Bryan vs John Cena after the initial Nexus angle where Bryan kicked Cena's head in and said "I'm better than you".

I'm still waiting on Daniel Bryan vs John Cena after the initial Nexus angle where Bryan kicked Cena's head in and said "I'm better than you".

Oh yeah, Cena's definitely gotta get his heat back from that. He never recovered to the popularity he had before it happened. No better way to build a rising star than to feud him with Cena!

There's always a couple of "let it play out" guys that always come in here when they first fuck up an angle acting like there is something good that will come out of it. See Brock Lesnar, HHH getting involved with Punk angle, Nexus, Bischoff hugging McMahon, etc. I'm not totally negative on things. I think the WWE of 2012 so far is much better than the WWE of May 2011 or entirety of 2010. They still have the same fundamental problems though. They just do a better job of covering them up with bandaids(Rock, Brock). The box is almost out of bandaids though.

Kaladin

Nah I just meant enjoy the couple of gems you get every month and maybe not think about how it will inevitably be ruined within the next (few?) week(s)

That is what keeps me watching WWE week to week. We get something good every now and then along with the crap we're fed in the main angles.

Kaladin

Whenever I feel like I'm done with WWE, there is always *SOMETHING* that keeps me around. Whether it's Daniel Bryan or CM Punk, Brock Lesnar or whatever.....there is always something that keeps me watching, no matter how bad it really gets.

Sokantish

I usually watch them recorded so I skip ahead of all the annoying stuff, maybe that's why I seem to enjoy it more. Also, AJ is getting pretty good at slapping people

Kaladin

I usually watch them recorded so I skip ahead of all the annoying stuff, maybe that's why I seem to enjoy it more. Also, AJ is getting pretty good at slapping people

That is probably what keeps me sane watching it, I don't get home till 10:30pm or so, so I'm always watching RAW on a tape delay with FF button handy.

This is one of the best things to do. Unfortunately for Raw, part of the excitement is in it being live. When I watched in without commercials and speeding through segments I don't care about the show flies by. Just taking out commercials saves you 40 minutes.

Kaladin

This is one of the best things to do. Unfortunately for Raw, part of the excitement is in it being live. When I watched in without commercials and speeding through segments I don't care about the show flies by. Just taking out commercials saves you 40 minutes.

Even if you watch RAW on tape delay the same night, you don't have the spoilers telling you the show is bad before hand. So you might be watching RAW in an hour or less but you're still watching it.

maxxpower

Whenever I feel like I'm done with WWE, there is always *SOMETHING* that keeps me around. Whether it's Daniel Bryan or CM Punk, Brock Lesnar or whatever.....there is always something that keeps me watching, no matter how bad it really gets.

Kaitlyn keeps me watching WWE(Smackdown).

ZeroRay

Cena has basically stunted the careers of everyone he worked with sans CM Punk and the Rock in the last few years.

Frankly, I'd be scared if I was offered to work with him in a program.

Sokantish

I've always wondered, why do they keep Great Khali around? It looks like he can hardly walk anymore and then they give us matches like Big Show AND Khali? Maybe try to hide the fact khali can't move by putting in another guy that barely moves I guess

UberTag

I just rewatched the Sandow segment. HOW DID I NOT NOTICE HOW HE WAS HOLDING THE MIC?

Sandow in my fave five forever.
I love everything about Sandow's gimmick.

The entrance theme.
That plush robe of his.
The full thick beard.
The way he cradles the mic like a wine goblet when he delivers promos.
His "Thank you for your irrelevant opinion!" catchphrase.
That he's positively unflappable when cutting promos (something Miz could learn from despite being in the big leagues for 5 years now).
The fact that he's effectively ripped off what Mike Knox did for a month and is probably pulling it off better.

That being said, I've checked out a fair bit of his FCW footage and I'm not blown away by him in the ring. He works a very old school, deliberate match style and I'm not exactly sure how well it will translate to the "5 minutes or less" TV format of RAW and Smackdown.

He'd make one hell of a fine stable manager.

maxxpower

I've always wondered, why do they keep Great Khali around? It looks like he can hardly walk anymore and then they give us matches like Big Show AND Khali? Maybe try to hide the fact khali can't move by putting in another guy that barely moves I guess

The Great Khali actually manages to move slower than The Big Slow. I thought they had only brought him back as a quick and dirty replacement for Mark Henry at Elimination Chamber, but they actually kept him around and even had him squash some young talent.

You people becoming Ryback marks will drive me away from this thread. I can deal with the AJ and Kane crews, but Ill be damned if I sit through another Goldberg circlejerk in my lifetime. The first one was already too much.

Wait until he side shuffle kicks someone like Daniel Bryan into a concussion. YOU FOOLS HAVE SEEN THIS ONCE BEFORE, AND YOU STILL DARE WALK THE PATH OF THINE EVIL SQUASH MONSTER. FOR SHAME, ALL OF YOU.

Sokantish

No one actually likes Ryback though right? He hasn't even done anything yet. Plus he doesn't even come out with two beautiful dancing ladies...

I don't know much about what happens backstage, but I thought Cena did a good thing with Lobsterhead. Him being Cena clean was pretty unexpected for me, and it did wonders for his career. Not sure what the hell happened after that when he fell off though.

Cena has basically stunted the careers of everyone he worked with sans CM Punk and the Rock in the last few years.

Frankly, I'd be scared if I was offered to work with him in a program.

I think Bryan could get though it ok.

Not sure if they want more people to make Cena look bad though.

AND Bryan's finisher is a submission so there is no way he will ever actually beat Cena in any kind of match.

Actually yeah that seems like a bad idea.

Also if they the miz is the main guy in Marine 3 does that mean the Miz is going to be a pro USA army loving face like Cena and Big Show? That could be .... different.

No one actually likes Ryback though right? He hasn't even done anything yet. Plus he doesn't even come out with two beautiful dancing ladies...

Feast your eyes on exhibits A and B:

God dammit, now I find myself enjoying Rhydon's squash matches too. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Yeah I enjoy the nuggets of good stuff like Brock Lesnar, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, and Cena/Laurinitis.

That's not all. I've seen a few random "I kinda like Ryback now" posts here and there. People being impressed by his savage beatdown of teeny jobbers and such. This is going too far WrassleGAF.

WAKE UP.

UberTag

That's not all. I've seen a few random "I kinda like Ryback" posts here and there. People being impressed by his savage beatdown of teeny jobbers and such. This is going too far WrassleGAF.

WAKE UP.
I will never join the chorus of Ryback adoration.
I haven't enjoyed Sheffield since the interplay between him and Regal (as his mentor) on NXT amused me. And that was largely due to Regal.

I liked Sheffield when he was the big brute of Nexus, but Ryback isn't doing it for me.

He'll never be Goldberg. But then again who will?

I will never join the chorus of Ryback adoration.
I haven't enjoyed Sheffield since the interplay between him and Regal (as his mentor) on NXT amused me. And that was largely due to Regal.

Stay sane, UberTag. While the rest of this thread goes cray, YOU STAY SANE, Y'HEAR ME?

Ryback is the past, the present, and the future of this business rolled into one glorious monster destined for the WWE Hall Of Fame. FEED ME MORE INDEED.

Might as well get behind the guy they want you to. What's the difference between Ryback and Dolph Ziggler? Ryback's going to be a world champion. Ziggler will be a great jobber for him to beat though. Imagine the 360 Ziggler's going to do when he gets hit by the clothesline.

Dead Man

Feast your eyes on exhibits A and B:

That's not all. I've seen a few random "I kinda like Ryback now" posts here and there. People being impressed by his savage beatdown of teeny jobbers and such. This is going too far WrassleGAF.

WAKE UP.
I understand why people are getting behind Ryback a bit. Fans have always had a softspot for fast paced monsters, Goldberg, Batista, etc. Ryberg has none of the charisma of those guys, but so many of the big guys Vince loves can't move quickly, so it's at least a nice change of pace. But Ryback is not the guy to get behind. At all.

WAKE UP.

I like him in the sense that he is so ridiculously over-the-top that you can't help but laugh at the display. I guess it means I like him ironically? I'm in no way a fan of him like how Bobo might be, in which I think he's the future of the biz and all that.

Besides, I always lose my shit when he stares into the camera and screams "FEED ME" and all that other shit. He's like a bigger, buffer, more insane Santino, except the comedy is completely unintentional.

Sokantish

I like him in the sense that he is so ridiculously over-the-top that you can't help but laugh at the display. I guess it means I like him ironically? I'm in no way a fan of him like how Bobo might be, in which I think he's the future of the biz and all that.

Besides, I always lose my shit when he stares into the camera and screams "FEED ME" and all that other shit. He's like a bigger, buffer, more insane Santino, except the comedy is completely unintentional.

So he's like Kane?

Justify all you want, just know that as your love of Ryback grows, so will my ridicule of you and said love.

Maybe Ryback will pull a Lesnar and end up being a great wrestler.

The day Ryback goes 15-20 minutes and keeps me entertained is the day I become a fan. Until then, he's just a meathead who stole RVD's singlet doing his best Goldburp impression. I was way more impressed with Lesnar's first few squashes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Justify all you want, just know that as your love of Ryback grows, so will my ridicule of you and said love.

The day Ryback goes 15-20 minutes and keeps me entertained is the day I become a fan. Until then, he's just a meathead who stole RVD's singlet doing his best Goldburp impression. I was way more impressed with Lesnar's first few squashes.
"FINISH HIM"

Top Bottom