• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Anyone else kind of been put off by some of the map design in this game? Angel City really reminded me how limited movement has become like on Crash Site, Homestead, and Forward Base Kodai, as well as some of the more traditional maps. Like I only get excited when Angel City, Boomtown, or Eden show up, and the rest just don't do it for me. I hope later map design reflect the original game better.

Arttemis

I'm drunk. My score reflects it, too.

EDIT - actually, it's not THAT bad, it's just that when "trying to level the Krabber," I've basically just been using the auto-pistol. Evidently, you can switch your secondary for another primary!? I just had the Krabber and a flatline equipped at the same time. I always though picking up other weapons would replace your primary.

Edit 2 - I think any pro TF2 team would use 2 pulse blade loudouts. It's such an altruistic ability. Cloak is really nice against titans, too.

KodaRuss

Its 1 of the best modes imo.
Ihave played tons of it, 53% of all gamemodes.
Its so nice to play when you get good opponents against you in there and have tight match without charge rifle bs.

You can tell pretty quickly how good the other player is usually. It is a ton of fun. I never understood the people who run around on the walls though. It rarely works out for them.

Arttemis

You can tell pretty quickly how good the other player is usually. It is a ton of fun. I never understood the people who run around on the walls though. It rarely works out for them.

I usually run to the walls when I phase out to gain altitude and escape any waiting grenades. I try to mix up my strategy constantly to keep the opponent from reading me.

It's definitely one of my favorites. Total Tribes gameplay.

Gator86

Am I late on this. Titanfall 2 blog update from Respawn?

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-4/

Good to get an update before the new year. GJ Respawn

IpDAgCi.gif

So still no roadmap or announced additions?

Izuna

Banned
Looks good. Wish i played BH enough to have contributed something

I'm starting on the Northstar Montage already. Any mode :)

Plus I'll use some in-house music next time so it'll be on YouTube haha

THANKS FOR WATCHING!

And use this link to represent TitanGAF guys <3

Calderc

THANKS FOR WATCHING!

I've got a clip of me fucking a Northstar up and then goosing the pilot if that helps? :p

(With Tone though, so it prob doesn't count)

KodaRuss

THANKS FOR WATCHING!

I think I have a decent one for that, 4 Titan kills in about 30 seconds or so the other night saved.

How about a Coliseum Montage, that would be sick.

Anyways, good job. Glad I could be a part of it.

Argonomic

I agree with you actually. This game really is more about movement and placement than having the fastest reflexes. When I started, I thought it was about twitch-aiming too, but now that I've put in the time, I know it's really not about that.

(Observing as a player) I played a session of just LTS recently. Only once did I get into a pilot vs pilot gun fight.

It did feel quite different, even from pilot vs Titan (which happens often enough in LTS). I could sense my brain sort of sliding into a different "twitchy" mode for a moment.

The differentness made me go "whoa, oh yeah, titanfall has that whole other game too. Almost forgot".

Menthuss

Am I late on this. Titanfall 2 blog update from Respawn?

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-4/

Good to get an update before the new year. GJ Respawn

Pretty cool to see. I strongly disagree with him on the Stim pilot being the best looking one though. It's easily the worst one, followed closely by the Phase Shift pilot.
What are they even supposed to be? AI-controlled robots? Brain-in-a-case type cyborgs?

deoee

Pretty cool to see. I strongly disagree with him on the Stim pilot being the best looking one though. It's easily the worst one, followed closely by the Phase Shift pilot.
What are they even supposed to be? AI-controlled robots? Brain-in-a-case type cyborgs?

Stim has some swag fox tails tho

KodaRuss

Yeah, I dont like how skinny they are.

Love the look of Holo, Cloak and Amped Wall. I never used Amped wall which it would be kinda cool to be able to switch helmets or something.

deoee

If they really wanted to have Stim and PS pilots be robots they should've looked more like modified spectres IMO.

I think they do kind of (from afar) and they did not go with 100% of the design because of distinction between AI and Pilots

But I have to say I'd like all of them being human Pilotes better, with those sick helmet lights

Gator86

Your first post in OT2.1 and it is so salty...

Ha, I quit posting because there was nothing new or especially worthwhile to talk about and Respawn didn't do much to change that with a post about pilot designs. I've praised the art style and pilot designs before so I'm obviously a big fan, but it's definitely more hand-waving than actually substance.

Top Bottom