• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks amazing except the pokemon designs. My god, the starters don't even look like pokemon anymore.

fBUYB.jpg

please tell me how this generation 1 pokemon

fennekin.png

looks so much different than the fire starters in a way you would call it "not pokemon anymore".

I'm actually not a huge fan of gen I's designs for anything other than nostalgia - I was just saying that design philosophies change, whether people like it or not. I really like the gen VI starters.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Woah, I didn't know about this Multiscale business. I'm going to need to finish BW2 afterall...

It's the perfect ability for him (attacks do 50% damage when at full health), given his natural bulk and his ability to recover back to full health with Roost. He also picked up Hurricane which makes Special sets in the Rain (he can run Thunder and Surf as well) effective. And he has an amazing movepool for support (Thunder-Wave, screens, Tail Wind), setting himself up, can go physical, or special, or mixed wall breaker.. has priority moves. Great Pokemon.

jonno394

fBUYB.jpg

please tell me how this generation 1 pokemon

fennekin.png

looks so much different than the fire starters in a way you would call it "not pokemon anymore".

They're both pokemon, simple as. The only difference is the glaringly different artstyle. The new one is more anime influenced where as the former looks like it's trying to look more natural.

tranciful

And OoT looks better than Twilight Princess... >_>
BW2
0.jpg

XY
Pokemon-XY-combat-2.png

It practically looks 2D. Cel shading was invented to look flat and this game is coming out on a stereoscopic 3D system.

For comparison, here's Pokemon Stadium 2 for N64 (hardware over 16 years old)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4lA3Ih8_fo

3DS Pokedex
EN_V1_P04_02.jpg

I've played every generation of pokemon -- I'm a fan of the series but I'm annoyed by how slow it moves forward. Based on what they've shown so far, XY isn't going to convince me to get a 3DS

Neiteio

I like how they dropped the word "version" from the English names. Now it's just called "Pokemon X" and "Pokemon Y," all stylized and shit. Niiiiiice.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They're both pokemon, simple as. The only difference is the glaringly different artstyle. The newer ones are more anime influenced where as the former looks like it's trying to look more natural.

I don't see it...

If you put Fennekin on a white background without that glow, it would fit right in.

Most compelling argument for Team Chespin yet.

It's the perfect ability for him (attacks do 50% damage when at full health), given his natural bulk and his ability to recover back to full health with Roost. He also picked up Hurricane which makes Special sets in the Rain (he can run Thunder and Surf as well) effective. And he has an amazing movepool for support (Thunder-Wave, screens, Tail Wind), setting himself up, can go physical, or special, or mixed wall breaker.. has priority moves. Great Pokemon.

Dayum. Is there any kind of gaf Netbattling going on? I''d love to get back into this.

Gadirok

I almost burst out laughing when I saw that.

I think the fire starter looks great. Definitely my pick. The grass type definitely looks like a pokemon, just not a really appealing design with all the brown wearing like a hat/coat of green. Typically I would expect all green for a leaf/grass. It reminds me of a mix of that bunny pokemon and bidoof. In my opinion, would have been great for one of those first pokemon you encounter in your journey, just not very good choice as a starter.

I don't know but the water one. It doesn't fit in.

Keyouta

Man, still in shock that this is worldwide, it's going to be awesome. If the 3DS stays relatively unhacked, we could be in for an unspoiled, not-dumped-and-accessed, fresh title. Discovering the pokemon as we go instead of looking them all up online.

I'm pretty darn pumped. They have like 9 months to iron out the kinks.

Redford

aka Cabbie
They're both pokemon, simple as. The only difference is the glaringly different artstyle. The new one is more anime influenced where as the former looks like it's trying to look more natural.

The former is for the worse, imo. The eyes and the stupid smirk.

Qurupeke

I really hope for some interesting new mechanics. Like 2 abilities on the same time... Imagine a Drizzle+Swift Swim pokemon... :eek: Abilities are probably one of my most loved feature in the series. These and the plethora of moves.

FENNEKIN FANS

I worked really fast on this.

soYOH.png

I wanna use this as my avatar, but its already taken by two people. Idon't think theres a rule for having the same avatar as someone else and atleast two different people already have this avatar so I'll be taking it if thats ok. (If its not pm me since I may mnt see your post. Still early into the thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom