• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

A Pretty Panda
fuckin' called it, man
(05-19-2017, 12:30 AM)
A Pretty Panda's Avatar
Man I should have dusted Yogg when they changed him
Fewr
Member
(05-19-2017, 12:31 AM)
Fewr's Avatar
Ok, one card doesn't make it easier to swallow at all, but the complete "quests with friends" news would allow anyone to have 2 accounts and easily achieve the quests that consume more time than usual - so everyone would be rerolling the 40G quests all the time.

This would increase the amount of gold earned per player and thus, make un'goro and future (if similar) expansions more manageable.
ZealousD
Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
(05-19-2017, 02:49 AM)
ZealousD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fewr

Ok, one card doesn't make it easier to swallow at all, but the complete "quests with friends" news would allow anyone to have 2 accounts and easily achieve the quests that consume more time than usual - so everyone would be rerolling the 40G quests all the time.

This would increase the amount of gold earned per player and thus, make un'goro and future (if similar) expansions more manageable.

Uh, I already reroll the 40g quests all the time. You aren't?

I only play for like an hour or two every couple of days.
Yaboosh
Super Sleuth
(05-19-2017, 05:42 AM)
Yaboosh's Avatar
KelThuzad got 5 Thaddiuses and still got his ass completely stomped.

Hilariously bad balance in the brawl.
wiibomb
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:49 AM)
wiibomb's Avatar
got queued 5 times as kelthuzad on the brawl, and I seriously, seriously tried to win, there was even once a game where the rafaam overdrew the final staff piece and could only get epics, I still got my ass handed..

the brawl is extremely unbalanced, probably this is the most unbalanced I've ever seen
Crosseyes
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Yaboosh

KelThuzad got 5 Thaddiuses and still got his ass completely stomped.

Hilariously bad balance in the brawl.

It's awful. Been playing for an hour non-stop and have had Kel 4 games in a row.

All losses.

FINALLY won one. Because Rafaam found a way to renounce darkness. No staff even when he played the upgrader card. Lol I'll take it, Kel 1-4.
Last edited by Crosseyes; 05-19-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(05-19-2017, 07:22 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar
How weird, I thought the Brawl was supposed to be unbalanced in the opposite direction.

I won the only time I played, and even though I was scared and the enemy Rafaam had the legendary-tier staff, he didn't have many cards and I won with like 30 HP + 23 armor to 0.
Fewr
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:45 AM)
Fewr's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZealousD

Uh, I already reroll the 40g quests all the time. You aren't?

I only play for like an hour or two every couple of days.

During weekdays (mon-thur) I only get 20-30mins of videogames because of work, gym, etc, so those days I prefer 40G quests and save the meatier ones for the weekend.

I recently discovered I can usually do about 20 pushups while waiting for the opponent's turn, so I might get 1-2 extra games while at the gym hehe.
sibarraz
Member
(05-19-2017, 01:14 PM)
sibarraz's Avatar
I'm on a good streak with secret mage, jumped from rannk 5 to 3 in 3 days playing very sporadically

I have to admit, the first time that I saw the deck I couldn't understand why it was regarded as a tier 1-2 deck, but after playing with it I could see why. the deck has an amazing tempo by turn 3-4 if you have a good start, and counterspell/mirror entity really fuck up the strategy of a good chunk of decks
bangbang i'm a timpani
Member
(05-19-2017, 01:19 PM)
bangbang i'm a timpani's Avatar
pirate warrior is really just stupid.

also loots hoarders are straight baller in here. getting more opportunities to get weapons/upgrades/whatever is helping a lot, especially to have more options vs. taunt and all that crap. i threw out a naga and corsair b/c i dont need more stuff at 4 mana and the 2/1 body deals with a lot of the stupid crap (murlocs, whatever) pretty good.
Lyng
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:00 PM)
Lyng's Avatar

Originally Posted by sibarraz

I'm on a good streak with secret mage, jumped from rannk 5 to 3 in 3 days playing very sporadically

I have to admit, the first time that I saw the deck I couldn't understand why it was regarded as a tier 1-2 deck, but after playing with it I could see why. the deck has an amazing tempo by turn 3-4 if you have a good start, and counterspell/mirror entity really fuck up the strategy of a good chunk of decks

I had a good streak and now a bad loosing streak with it.
Cant seem to reach 5 this season. Guess I started ranking too late.
Bunga
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:02 PM)
Bunga's Avatar
Finally committed to completing Karazhan yesterday and managed to use my Taunt Warrior deck as it was to beat him pretty convincingly. So I've now got a complete Control Mage deck as well having crafted Alex and a Pyroblast.

I've essentially got 6 decks that should cover off any quests pretty convincingly:

Quest Rogue
Quest Warrior
Midrange Pally
Midrange Hunter
Control Mage
Elemental Shammy

I deleted some decks and it occurred to me that since Un'Goro I've not even so much as looked at playing Warlock, real shame. The class is just lost now.
Tomcat
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:28 PM)
Tomcat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lyng

I had a good streak and now a bad loosing streak with it.
Cant seem to reach 5 this season. Guess I started ranking too late.

It still remains almost half a month so you have plenty of time.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:42 PM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar

Originally Posted by bangbang i'm a timpani

pirate warrior is really just stupid.

also loots hoarders are straight baller in here. getting more opportunities to get weapons/upgrades/whatever is helping a lot, especially to have more options vs. taunt and all that crap. i threw out a naga and corsair b/c i dont need more stuff at 4 mana and the 2/1 body deals with a lot of the stupid crap (murlocs, whatever) pretty good.

Highly doubtful, you're taking a tempo loss for card draw. PW needs that stuff at 4 mana against matchups that are able to deal with all the early aggression and if that's not enough a bunch of relevant taunts have 6 health so Naga Corsair buffing an arcanite reaper to 6 attack can make or break a game.
patchday
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:47 PM)
patchday's Avatar

Originally Posted by wiibomb

got queued 5 times as kelthuzad on the brawl, and I seriously, seriously tried to win, there was even once a game where the rafaam overdrew the final staff piece and could only get epics, I still got my ass handed..

the brawl is extremely unbalanced, probably this is the most unbalanced I've ever seen

yeah I logged on today since havent played all week. was surprised at the total lack of balance there. I played 2 matches. 1st time got kelthuzad and watched all my minions get removed by priest spells and got ran over. so 2nd time made sure to play as rafaam for the easy win

I thought it was a really awful Brawl though

one cool thing I liked bout it-- playing as Kel I saw a lot of cards I've never seen before. that was kinda coo. It brought my score of this brawl from a 2/10 to maybe 6/10
Beckx
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:13 PM)
Beckx's Avatar
blargh, 4-3 rogue arena run with a deck that performed well but lost 3x to Paladin, the last of whom started emote spamming halfway through the match

i'm still a little tilted 12 hours later.
Karsticles
(05-19-2017, 03:19 PM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by sibarraz

I'm on a good streak with secret mage, jumped from rannk 5 to 3 in 3 days playing very sporadically

I have to admit, the first time that I saw the deck I couldn't understand why it was regarded as a tier 1-2 deck, but after playing with it I could see why. the deck has an amazing tempo by turn 3-4 if you have a good start, and counterspell/mirror entity really fuck up the strategy of a good chunk of decks

When you Counterspell two Dragonfire Potions in a row...aaahhhhh!
patchday
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:32 PM)
patchday's Avatar
Nice Karsticles!
sibarraz
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:49 PM)
sibarraz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

When you Counterspell two Dragonfire Potions in a row...aaahhhhh!

I personally enjoy counterspelling consecration way more

you know that Paladin only uses that spell, equality or the +2/+6 one, and without the secret murloc, they can't bait a 1 mana secret.

And if I counterspell any of those spells, they lose tempo badly
Twinguistics
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 04:50 PM)
Twinguistics's Avatar
So I made some changes to my quest rogue deck following feedback here and I'm 4-3 so far. One of the loses was a quest rogue mirror and the other two were hunter so I'm not too down about the losses.

Galacial shard is putting in work, don't know why I wasn't running them considering I already had two. I think taking out most of the removal has definitely helped though time will tell I guess.
Hycran
Banned
(05-19-2017, 08:12 PM)
I'm 3-1 with KT and 4-0 with Rafaam. Not sure what people are complaining about...
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(05-19-2017, 09:02 PM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hycran

I'm 3-1 with KT and 4-0 with Rafaam. Not sure what people are complaining about...

It's probably just luck, but like I posted I crushed the game I played as KT. I had 30 HP and 23 armor when he died, and he even had the legendary level staff. My fancy cards were way better overall, and he probably made poor decisions about which minions to kill. I kept getting duplicate minions back.
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:29 PM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar
Did it just take one card (razormaw) to make Hunter relevant again? I won a game on turn 4.

Turn 1 Alleycat (one gets removed)
Turn 2 razormaw +3 attack, 26 HP
Turn 3 animal companion Leokk, 17 HP
Turn 4 4+5+2, kill command for 5, coin hero power.

Yes my opponent might as well have been afk.
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(05-19-2017, 11:28 PM)
Grief.exe's Avatar
Damn. Midrange Shaman looks like it breaks the meta right now.

Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:34 PM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar
that's more of a pile than a constructed looking deck. It's basically curveout.dec with next to no synergy or whatnot.
wiibomb
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:34 PM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Damn. Midrange Shaman looks like it breaks the meta right now.

not really, it is highly dependent on the bloodlust and most of the time the opponent just clears the board with whatever they have at hand, without a good board this deck just loses.
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:22 AM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar
Looks more like aggro token than midrange to me.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(05-20-2017, 01:34 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by wiibomb

not really, it is highly dependent on the bloodlust and most of the time the opponent just clears the board with whatever they have at hand, without a good board this deck just loses.

How can you say "most of the time" if it has a 66% win rate? Are you suggesting the data is flawed?
iirate
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:58 AM)
iirate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Damn. Midrange Shaman looks like it breaks the meta right now.

I've been playing the same list some, and I don't have data, but it's been doing great.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(05-20-2017, 02:05 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar
I'm at 640 dust now. I want Aya Blackpaw and Leeroy so bad, but it takes so long.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:07 AM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar
I must be at ~70 ungoro packs now and still just 1 legendary. It's a rough count but I got 40 something at release, got the marsh queen at pack 38, and have done all the quests + the couple packs blizzard gave away since.
I've had a steady stream of epics though which has been nice but only 1 glyph so far and I had to craft both drakes.
The Mango Sentinel
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:53 AM)
The Mango Sentinel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinguistics

So I made some changes to my quest rogue deck following feedback here and I'm 4-3 so far. One of the loses was a quest rogue mirror and the other two were hunter so I'm not too down about the losses.

Galacial shard is putting in work, don't know why I wasn't running them considering I already had two. I think taking out most of the removal has definitely helped though time will tell I guess.

Without removal, won't you get wrecked by anything with a good early game?
spoon!
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:22 AM)
Cool to see pyros featuring in secret Mage. Was the first ungoro legendary I opened and it's finally doing some work!
wiibomb
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:33 AM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

How can you say "most of the time" if it has a 66% win rate? Are you suggesting the data is flawed?

May be? I have found that new decks have huge winrates just because people don't know what to expect from them, but that list isn't anything huge to note about.

Winrates can come from many places and reflect mostly anecdotical reference, it could be attributed to people not knowing how to answer to an unknown play. Pretty much like how secret mage was huge when it first arrived but now people are prediciting a lot of the secret plays.
bunbun777
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:34 AM)
bunbun777's Avatar
I was 4 and 1 with a pretty good mage deck and after beating someone for the 5th win they friend requested me (and were actually polite). The reason I bring it up is that the client said he was opening up his arena rewards so that means he was x and 2 when he got matched against me.

I always hopefully assumed they matched you up with strictly people that had the same record but I guess not...
fertygo
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:56 AM)
fertygo's Avatar
I like the only one that believe Pyros is good pre-release

Like I thought had mid-size minion ready on demand is just solid.

now if just I can open that thing from pack.
Hycran
Banned
(05-20-2017, 06:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Blizzard

It's probably just luck, but like I posted I crushed the game I played as KT. I had 30 HP and 23 armor when he died, and he even had the legendary level staff. My fancy cards were way better overall, and he probably made poor decisions about which minions to kill. I kept getting duplicate minions back.

KT only needs two cards to do really well, Saphiron and the guy who does 4 damage. If you have either of them it helps you to snowball your early lead. Throw in a duplicate either from the scientist or from hand and it really isnt as bad as people say. My only loss as KT came as a result of the guy getting mal'ganis, so i'm still not convinced that its unbalanced as people say it is.
Twinguistics
Junior Member
(05-20-2017, 06:33 AM)
Twinguistics's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Mango Sentinel

Without removal, won't you get wrecked by anything with a good early game?

Yep and that's the problem now. I loose to hunter and there are lots on the ladder around 17. Still, I think that the deck changes suggested on the last page have been better for me. I still don't think I'll reach the magical rank 15 though. I don't know how you guys do it.
Yaboosh
Super Sleuth
(05-20-2017, 06:42 AM)
Yaboosh's Avatar
Lyra is just a super fun card.
Twinguistics
Junior Member
(05-20-2017, 06:56 AM)
Twinguistics's Avatar
So after ten matches running the quest rogue deck suggested previously (minus one prep) I'm 5-5. I've lost to 3 Hunters, a purify priest and and quest rogue mirror. I'm now at rank 18 with one star.

I don't know whether to switch deck or carry on with it. It's just so annoying. All I want is to get to rank 15, it can't be that hard surely? You all manage it.

I know I'm not playing perfectly but we can't assume my opponents don't have miss plays too at this rank.
Last edited by Twinguistics; 05-20-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(05-20-2017, 08:38 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar
I forgot what I hated about playing shaman, and it's "getting taunt or 1/1 totem every single turn for 7 turns in a row when you need spell damage while your opponent rolls spell damage totems".

*edit* I went mage. My pyroblast was in my bottom 5 cards. Literally any earlier than that would have won the game for me. This feels kind of unlucky. :(
Last edited by Blizzard; 05-20-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:25 AM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinguistics

Yep and that's the problem now. I loose to hunter and there are lots on the ladder around 17. Still, I think that the deck changes suggested on the last page have been better for me. I still don't think I'll reach the magical rank 15 though. I don't know how you guys do it.

you'll pretty much always lose to hunter no matter how you run it, it's that much of an unfavourable matchup,
Zoggy
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:35 AM)
Zoggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

I forgot what I hated about playing shaman, and it's "getting taunt or 1/1 totem every single turn for 7 turns in a row when you need spell damage while your opponent rolls spell damage totems".

*edit* I went mage. My pyroblast was in my bottom 5 cards. Literally any earlier than that would have won the game for me. This feels kind of unlucky. :(

new hemet brah

new hemet
fertygo
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:40 PM)
fertygo's Avatar
No one brought Warlock in EU HCT prelimd and the trend not gonna stopping

Hoping for that sick buff at next xpac

Can we doing something other than discard pls even if its more like aggro stuff
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:48 PM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar
Warlock is just a PO away from being relevant.
Fewr
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:51 PM)
Fewr's Avatar

Originally Posted by fertygo

No one brought Warlock in EU HCT prelimd and the trend not gonna stopping

Hoping for that sick buff at next xpac

Can we doing something other than discard pls even if its more like aggro stuff

It'd improve if warlock had a bit more control on what to discard. E.g. oldest/recent card, adjacent cards, etc.
veryslowhand
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:25 PM)
veryslowhand's Avatar
devolving a living mana board has to be one of the best feeling in the game
Q8D3vil
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:27 PM)
Q8D3vil's Avatar

Originally Posted by veryslowhand

devolving a living mana board has to be one of the best feeling in the game

Second only to dropping reno with minus 5 health against aggro.
patchday
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:14 PM)
patchday's Avatar
I've always wanted pyros even before release because:
  • It is only mage legendary I am missing
  • I'd love to run the card in a Wild Zoth mage deck

I can only guess the streamers probably gave the card a bad score probably screaming some crap like its too slow or something (In those prerelease card vids)

Still missing the card atm tho :( maybe I'll dust one of my golden legends to craft it lol
Last edited by patchday; 05-20-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Lyng
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:25 PM)
Lyng's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fewr

It'd improve if warlock had a bit more control on what to discard. E.g. oldest/recent card, adjacent cards, etc.

Yeah the way it works in shadowverse is the best way

Thread Tools