• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Mohasus
(05-19-2017, 03:26 PM)

Originally Posted by RamaTheVoice

I'm guessing it's a bug, saw 1.2 million in the hub but only got the regular amount ingame.

Oh shit, you are right.

Now I'm sad. At least Turn 10 sent me 2 more NSX-R this week, now I got 10.
RamaTheVoice
(05-19-2017, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Tinúviel

Love this car.

Aw yeah.

Originally Posted by Lima

I can't even look at a Porsche Carrera GT without sobbing a little.

Used to be my bedroom wall car as a teenager. Started when I saw the concept at the Paris Motor Show in 2000. Hot damn.
Lima
(05-19-2017, 04:00 PM)
Rip Paul.
Maintenance
(05-19-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by rrs

I got one of those, I could cook a config up sometime today. Also, I've had to make my own drift builds for cars because the usual builds are just ass

Wow, I would appreciate that if possible. If you do not have enough time no problem, I understand.
Fox Mulder
(05-19-2017, 05:46 PM)
It's fucking hilarious they give you the Carrera gt in the same forzathon with an event called tree hugger.
Spaceman Spiff
(05-19-2017, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Lima

Rip Paul.

Got a chuckle out of this, thanks.

Not at the loss of Walker, of course, what with his having been a swell guy and all, but I can't roll my eyes hard enough at how any and all mention of the Carrera GT prompts reflexive condolences for his untimely demise.
KRaZyAmmo
(05-19-2017, 06:21 PM)
So I checked out Stevio2175's tune and I was actually able to get above 550ft a lot more consistently (although sometimes I still come up short). I think I can use his tune to get the Huracan HE.
Fox Mulder
(05-19-2017, 06:42 PM)
The legendary painter shit already started in the AH. I earned a car and bought a second for 500k if I want it later.
rrs
(05-19-2017, 07:05 PM)
got the FH3 forzathon car

Originally Posted by Maintenance

Wow, I would appreciate that if possible. If you do not have enough time no problem, I understand.

grab "grip" by rrszz and tell me whatcha think
Maintenance
(05-19-2017, 07:12 PM)

Originally Posted by rrs

got the FH3 forzathon car

grab "grip" by rrszz and tell me whatcha think

Thank you, I'll try that.
Tinúviel
(05-19-2017, 07:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Fox Mulder

The legendary painter shit already started in the AH. I earned a car and bought a second for 500k if I want it later.

What is this legendary painter thing exactly?
Castaway
(05-19-2017, 07:25 PM)

What is this legendary painter thing exactly?

The more downloads, uses, and likes a painter or tuner receives for all the designs or tunes they've shared, the higher their Painter or Tuner rank. The highest rank is legend.

The higher your rank, the more you can charge for cars in the auction house. Some people complain this isn't fair (and those probably aren't the people who have earned a higher rank for their creations, and get to benefit from it).

It takes all of a couple of minutes to earn the Carrera GT by completing a street race. Why anyone would throw down millions of credits for a free car is their problem. The car will more than likely be made available again in a future #Forzathon event.
Maintenance
(05-19-2017, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Castaway

It takes all of a couple of minutes to earn the Carrera GT by completing a street race. Why anyone would throw down millions of credits for a free car is their problem.

Uh you do know that not everyone played at the same time, right? Many came after certain cars were gone / unobtainable, so there's no way to go around that if you want certain cars.

Originally Posted by rrs

Just tried the setup, amazing how it actually turns now. Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Maintenance; 05-19-2017 at 07:57 PM.
rrs
(05-19-2017, 08:24 PM)

Just tried the setup, amazing how it actually turns now. Thanks a lot.

np, once you get a M4 HE you could try out my drift build as well

also I upgraded my airport jump config to hopefully be easier to make the jump with
Last edited by rrs; 05-19-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Fox Mulder
(05-19-2017, 08:35 PM)

It takes all of a couple of minutes to earn the Carrera GT by completing a street race. Why anyone would throw down millions of credits for a free car is their problem. The car will more than likely be made available again in a future #Forzathon event.

Sometimes I'm lazy and don't bother doing an event. If you want a 918 now, you're only option is to throw down big cash.

I also wouldn't confidently claim that cars will be available in future events. They've only done that like once.
Gaenor
(05-19-2017, 09:55 PM)
Hmmm, I can't find any street races on my map. I've maxed out 3 out of 4 festival sites (still need to do Surfers Paradise).

What am I missing ?
B1G_A1AN
(05-19-2017, 10:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Gaenor

Hmmm, I can't find any street races on my map. I've maxed out 3 out of 4 festival sites (still need to do Surfers Paradise).

What am I missing ?

Challenge some drivatars by driving behind them and hitting (X) to Head-to-Head races (you can just drive to the finish as there are no checkpoints in these races), that should trigger the street races which ultimately unlock the Midnight Battles (there are checkpoints in these races) where you can win the opponents car.

Originally Posted by KRaZyAmmo

So I checked out Stevio2175's tune and I was actually able to get above 550ft a lot more consistently (although sometimes I still come up short). I think I can use his tune to get the Huracan HE.

Not that far away, hope you get it.

Severely disappointed with the GTR Black edition, spent millions getting the HE and after more than three dozen setups there's not a single one that makes this car decent. Grip setups with terrible understeer, drift builds that make the car go in circles.

Back to my Chevelle I go, hopefully the M4 HE won't be this disappointing.

What you need is the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Horizon Don Jowong Song Edition, I do agree I got the one below for a few million CR's and it's not spectacular, but it's still very nice to drive, I think that what happens is that people tune cars up to S2 where there isn't a need to, if the tune is good then you can have more fun in a A or S1 class than in a S2-998 I have found.

Look for Don Jowong Song in the tunes, I think that is his design as well.

I don't know, I have seen the CGT going for CR-250,000 buyout and anything less than CR-1m is getting snapped up faster then the CGT goes from 0mph to 1mph, on the bidding they are going for around CR-1.5m, once this weekend is over they will rise in price I think, not to the levels of the 918 though, but I don't understand why anyone would have a buyout set so low, it makes no sense at all.

Love this car.

I agree!

This is my S1 CGT.

Last edited by B1G_A1AN; 05-19-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Gaenor
(05-19-2017, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by B1G_A1AN

Challenge some drivatars by driving behind them and hitting (X) to Head-to-Head races (you can just drive to the finish as there are no checkpoints in these races), that should trigger the street races which ultimately unlock the Midnight Battles (there are checkpoints in these races) where you can win the opponents car.

Thanks, got it !!
RoninChaos
(05-19-2017, 10:49 PM)
Is the porshe not available anymore? Been a while since I've played.
Castaway
(05-19-2017, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by RoninChaos

Is the porshe not available anymore? Been a while since I've played.

Which one? There's been a free Porsche every weekend for the past month!
Snkfanatic
(05-20-2017, 12:04 AM)
So happy to have it finally.

Atraveller
(05-20-2017, 02:32 AM)
I've completed a street race, unlocked the Carrera GT Forzathon challenge achievement yet there is no car. Why is my Forzathon always bugged?
Maintenance
(05-20-2017, 03:52 AM)

What you need is the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Horizon Don Jowong Song Edition, I do agree I got the one below for a few million CR's and it's not spectacular, but it's still very nice to drive, I think that what happens is that people tune cars up to S2 where there isn't a need to, if the tune is good then you can have more fun in a A or S1 class than in a S2-998 I have found.

Look for Don Jowong Song in the tunes, I think that is his design as well.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

---

Changing topics, tonight was a good night. Managed to get a M4 HE and a 69 Mustang HE for a decent price. Now from the expensive ones that I want I'm missing the BRZ.
Mohasus
(05-20-2017, 03:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Atraveller

I've completed a street race, unlocked the Carrera GT Forzathon challenge achievement yet there is no car. Why is my Forzathon always bugged?

Go to the garage and exit it. Then enter it again.
RoninChaos
(05-20-2017, 04:16 AM)

Which one? There's been a free Porsche every weekend for the past month!

Well, shit.

My son has been having fun with Photo mode.

Fox Mulder
(05-20-2017, 04:53 AM)
The feels when you become too drunk to be competitive online.
Castaway
(05-20-2017, 04:55 AM)

Well, shit.

My son has been having fun with Photo mode.

That's a great pic!
Atraveller
(05-20-2017, 05:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Mohasus

Go to the garage and exit it. Then enter it again.

No dice. The in-game Forzathon page even shows it as not completed.
RoninChaos
(05-20-2017, 05:05 AM)
Thank you! This has been a game him and I have really enjoyed playing together. We worked hard to get that Centenario.

I am getting him his own copy for his birthday so we can do coop and putting the old Xbox one upstairs (we have an S in the basement). Anyone know how the online coop works?
KRaZyAmmo
(05-20-2017, 05:06 AM)

Thank you! This has been a game him and I have really enjoyed playing together. We worked hard to get that Centenario.

I am getting him his own copy for his birthday so we can do coop and putting the old Xbox one upstairs (we have an S in the basement). Anyone know how the online coop works?

You make a online campaign lobby, pause, go to horizon group, and you can add him from there. (don't know xbox controls sorry)
SliChillax
(05-20-2017, 07:27 AM)

Originally Posted by RamaTheVoice

Aw yeah.

Used to be my bedroom wall car as a teenager. Started when I saw the concept at the Paris Motor Show in 2000. Hot damn.

It's crazy how old the car is, or how old the design is and still looks brand new.
xrnzaaas
(05-20-2017, 10:50 AM)
I've finally found some time to play Hot Wheels expansion a bit. It's okay but nowhere near the amount of fun I had with Blizzard Mountain. It doesn't help that the colors of the surface and the bends sometimes merge and the corners aren't that easy to spot at high speed. Also I didn't really enjoy 2 Hot Wheel cars I've unlocked so far. Completed most of the events with traditional cars.
Mohasus
(05-20-2017, 11:22 AM)

vrummmmmmmmmmmmm
RamaTheVoice
(05-20-2017, 11:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Mohasus

vrummmmmmmmmmmmm

Noice
Snkfanatic
(05-20-2017, 02:34 PM)

That is awesome man.

Reminds me of my Dad and I when I was kid playing Super Mario Kart together for hours.
B1G_A1AN
(05-20-2017, 03:26 PM)

Thanks, I'll check that out.

---

Changing topics, tonight was a good night. Managed to get a M4 HE and a 69 Mustang HE for a decent price. Now from the expensive ones that I want I'm missing the BRZ.

He is my go to tuner, the only issue I have is that sometimes he has wheels or the front/rear wings on the car that I don't like.

He is a drifter, I am not but I have found his tunes to be progressive drifters, so most of the time I can hold the drift.

Other news, the servers are down it seems.

We are aware of the present issues with the #ForzaHorizon3 servers and are investigating. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Maintenance
(05-21-2017, 01:13 AM)
Fell in love with the Subaru BRAT GL HE, this car is so fun to drive.

He is my go to tuner, the only issue I have is that sometimes he has wheels or the front/rear wings on the car that I don't like.

He is a drifter, I am not but I have found his tunes to be progressive drifters, so most of the time I can hold the drift.

I've found some of his Horizon 3 videos on YouTube before, but never gave too much time. I'll try and watch them again.
Last edited by Maintenance; 05-21-2017 at 01:56 AM.
Fox Mulder
(05-21-2017, 01:58 AM)
250+ hours in and I only just tried using the horn to annoy the piss out of people and making them crash as a last resort.

100% success rate.
Last edited by Fox Mulder; 05-21-2017 at 05:15 AM.
That Damn Kid
(05-21-2017, 06:52 PM)
I picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT racing wheel at a yard sale for just $10! Would it work with the PC version of Horizon 3? I don't have a gaming PC yet but will later this year.
SmartWaffles
(05-21-2017, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by That Damn Kid

I picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT racing wheel at a yard sale for just $10! Would it work with the PC version of Horizon 3? I don't have a gaming PC yet but will later this year.

You are in luck as they added support to that exact wheel with the Hot Wheels update.
B1G_A1AN
(05-21-2017, 10:31 PM)

250+ hours in and I only just tried using the horn to annoy the piss out of people and making them crash as a last resort.

100% success rate.

You are level 1000 now are you not?

I do like on the Hot Wheels championships that you have to race in different classes, I am blueprinting each one I do though so that I am using Hot Wheels cars.

One thing though that I have thought of, with Porsche in from the start on future Forza Motorsport and Horizon games, are they not something of a game-breaker, you can just use a Porsche to go though the entire game due to their upgradability, a car for all eventualities.

I liked how they did it in FM6 where you went though the story and history of Porsche.
Cyanity
(05-21-2017, 11:12 PM)
Finally managed to claw my way into 1st place in the Hot Wheels goliath after way too many failures. The game crashed on loading whatever comes after beating the goliath :)

screaming into a pillow rn
Fox Mulder
(05-21-2017, 11:17 PM)

You are level 1000 now are you not?

I do like on the Hot Wheels championships that you have to race in different classes, I am blueprinting each one I do though so that I am using Hot Wheels cars.

One thing though that I have thought of, with Porsche in from the start on future Forza Motorsport and Horizon games, are they not something of a game-breaker, you can just use a Porsche to go though the entire game due to their upgradability, a car for all eventualities.

I liked how they did it in FM6 where you went though the story and history of Porsche.

Got lvl 1000 a few days ago. You get a star icon and the level gap goes back down to only 200k. Takes like 10 hours of grinding just for the last 30 levels. Insanity really.

Originally Posted by Cyanity

Finally managed to claw my way into 1st place in the Hot Wheels goliath after way too many failures. The game crashed on loading whatever comes after beating the goliath :)

screaming into a pillow rn

You get nothing for beating hot wheels Goliath, getting all the stars, or even 100%.
Last edited by Fox Mulder; 05-21-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Cyanity
(05-22-2017, 12:01 AM)

Got lvl 1000 a few days ago. You get a star icon and the level gap goes back down to only 200k. Takes like 10 hours of grinding just for the last 30 levels. Insanity really.

You get nothing for beating hot wheels Goliath, getting all the stars, or even 100%.

I was under the impression that you could blueprint hot wheels races after beating the goliath?
I just really want to do some of these races with x class vehicles.

edit - beat the goliath again and it's letting me make custom championships now.
Last edited by Cyanity; 05-22-2017 at 02:44 AM.
KdotIX
(05-22-2017, 10:32 AM)
Trying to nab a cheap Porsche 918 off the AH. However, I am seeing 1 person selling 10 of them. All going for about 10m+! That one person must be making bank. How on earth do they have that many 918s in their garage?
Fox Mulder
(05-22-2017, 11:25 AM)
They sit there all day searching over and over as fast as they can for cheap 918 buyouts. One guy made a YouTube video about it showing he has hundreds of millions of credits.

I guess it's fun? There's nothing to even spend that money on.
KdotIX
(05-22-2017, 11:53 AM)

They sit there all day searching over and over as fast as they can for cheap 918 buyouts. One guy made a YouTube video about it showing he has hundreds of millions of credits.

I guess it's fun? There's nothing to even spend that money on.

Well I guess that amount of money comes in handy when they want to buy a super fast rare car like... hmm... I don't know... maybe a Porsche 918..?

Shit is annoying for the rest of us who want to buy one and actually use it...
RamaTheVoice
(05-22-2017, 12:59 PM)
I really didn't expect there to be this much scalping, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

In other news, Chelsea Manning is playing FH3! Do you think if people add her drivatar to their festivals they get added automatically to a CIA database? ^^
Maintenance
(05-22-2017, 03:51 PM)
I can't exactly judge because I always played the AH during my WoW days, but being on the wrong end of it is tiring.
Fox Mulder
(05-22-2017, 04:00 PM)
Unicorn cars in previous games went for like 40+ million in the auction house. You could only get them from limited daily Turn 10 auctions.