• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Common Knowledge
(05-10-2017, 08:04 PM)
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of the many Guardian amiibos I saw on Switch launch day.
JDdelphin
(05-10-2017, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Common Knowledge

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of the many Guardian amiibos I saw on Switch launch day.

Same. Wolf Link too.

'Oh wow, those are huge! Twenty dollars? Hmmm. I'll get it next week maybe.'

Then poooooooooof
jonno394
Banned
(05-12-2017, 08:38 PM)
Unsure if this has been shared, but it's an eye opening read on how third partys can get Amiibos

https://miketendo64.com/2017/05/11/e...-about-amiibo/

- they need to submit a proposal to Nintendo that consists of things like their design for the amiibo
- they also need to share the function in which it will serve
- details on the go-to-market strategy and timing are required
- info on who will handle the manufacturing of the amiibo, as well as the distribution partner and sales/marketing strategy
- if approved, the developer/publisher will then need to purchase 100,000 NFC (Near Field Communication) tags
- these cost around 30 cents a tag

Common Knowledge
(05-16-2017, 04:55 AM)
Just a heads up, Toys R Us is doing a Buy 1, Get 2 free sale on the Animal Crossing amiibos. It seems the Animal Crossing Amiibo apocalypse is still hitting stores hard.

Anyway, you can't get a better deal than that so jump on it if you still have yet to get the AC ones.

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler...6&type=trigger
Last edited by Common Knowledge; 05-16-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Danthrax
Batteries the CRISIS!
(05-16-2017, 03:57 PM)

Originally Posted by jonno394

Unsure if this has been shared, but it's an eye opening read on how third partys can get Amiibos

https://miketendo64.com/2017/05/11/e...-about-amiibo/

Pretty neat. So you have to pay at least $30,000 just for NFC chips to get a run of them into stores ... and who knows how much figures themselves usually cost, or the packaging and shipping costs.

Originally Posted by Common Knowledge

Just a heads up, Toys R Us is doing a Buy 1, Get 2 free sale on the Animal Crossing amiibos. It seems the Animal Crossing Amiibo apocalypse is still hitting stores hard.

Anyway, you can't get a better deal than that so jump on it if you still have yet to get the AC ones.

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler...6&type=trigger

Y'know, I look at that, and I just think ... do I really need three more Animal Crossing Amiibos just sitting around? Are three of them worth the $8.54 after tax plus the space they take up? I could do other things with that money and space...
Last edited by Danthrax; 05-16-2017 at 04:02 PM.
The_Kid
(05-16-2017, 06:11 PM)
I wonder if the Zelda amiibos will ever get restocked... sure three of the botw ones have new production but there are like 5 others we need.
Curler
(05-16-2017, 06:13 PM)

Originally Posted by The_Kid

I wonder if the Zelda amiibos will ever get restocked... sure three of the botw ones have new production but there are like 5 others we need.

They prob will... like a year later. All the rares have been reprinted at some point. I even saw a bunch of Robins in a Gamestop clearance bin for $6! So crazy to see!
Jawmuncher
(05-16-2017, 08:36 PM)
Still waiting on Amazon for these Fire Emblem amiibos
RedBoot
(05-16-2017, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Curler

They prob will... like a year later. All the rares have been reprinted at some point. I even saw a bunch of Robins in a Gamestop clearance bin for $6! So crazy to see!

It took them about a year and a half to reprint Robin and Lucina (never mind that Codename Steam and FE Fates were released in the interim). At least they were readily available when they were reprinted.

I'd hope Zelda could get faster reprints, but...eh.

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Still waiting on Amazon for these Fire Emblem amiibos

Same. Best Buy looks to have stopped taking orders for them, so Amazon might be my only option (unless BB has some in-store this week).

Probably will get me to stop being lazy and pull the trigger on preordering Cloud and a Bayo on BB.
ZugZug123
(05-17-2017, 03:58 AM)
Did Corrin player 2 go on preorder yet?
Credo
(05-17-2017, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by ZugZug123

Did Corrin player 2 go on preorder yet?

No, it hasn't. Amazon is awful about their amiibo preorders. They still haven't put the Alm & Celica amiibo pack up for preorder, and that Fire Emblem game releases this Friday.
PSFan
(05-17-2017, 07:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Credo

No, it hasn't. Amazon is awful about their amiibo preorders. They still haven't put the Alm & Celica amiibo pack up for preorder, and that Fire Emblem game releases this Friday.

The amiibos released yesterday, my Best Buy order shipped and should get here today. What the heck is Amazon's problem with amiibo? lol
Curler
(05-17-2017, 05:24 PM)

Originally Posted by PSFan

The amiibos released yesterday, my Best Buy order shipped and should get here today. What the heck is Amazon's problem with amiibo? lol

I thought they release Friday with the game?
TheSuperSakura
(05-17-2017, 06:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Curler

I thought they release Friday with the game?

They do, they just got lucky haha. Mine are still preparing.
Curler
(05-17-2017, 07:32 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSuperSakura

They do, they just got lucky haha. Mine are still preparing.

Oh right, I forgot Best Buy sends out things early.
LiK
(05-17-2017, 08:49 PM)
BB shipped the FE Echoes amiibos.
Danthrax
Batteries the CRISIS!
(05-17-2017, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

BB shipped the FE Echoes amiibos.

They haven't shipped shit to me. RIP release day dreams
Jawmuncher
(05-17-2017, 10:52 PM)
STILL WAITING ON AMAZON
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-17-2017, 10:55 PM)
so any bets on if the ARMS direct will confirm either amiibo support &/or ARMS amiibo?
Jawmuncher
(05-17-2017, 10:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Zonic

so any bets on if the ARMS direct will confirm either amiibo support &/or ARMS amiibo?

I really hope there are no amiibos
TheSuperSakura
(05-17-2017, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Zonic

I think there might be amiibo, I at least hope I can get a Ribbon Girl or Min Min one anyway.
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-17-2017, 10:59 PM)
i better be able to use my little mac, a boxer, amiibo on arms, a boxing game

if not, how could you pass up such an obvious crossover
LiK
(05-17-2017, 11:14 PM)

You bet your ass there will be amiibos
Jawmuncher
(05-17-2017, 11:24 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

You bet your ass there will be amiibos

Looks like I lucked out for now lol
Fix-It Felix, Jr.
(05-17-2017, 11:36 PM)
I'm thinking there will be some amiibos that let you instantly unlock the signature arms of that specific character, or upgrade the signature arms.
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-17-2017, 11:37 PM)
Or just give you something random a la Pokken, or perhaps a weapon that could be related to a character, i.e. scanning Mario will give you a fire attribute weapon, sort of like Kirby Planet Robobot.
KingBroly
(05-19-2017, 01:40 PM)

*Use the Samus or Zero Suit Samus Amiibo to unlock a Tombstone ARM

Anyways...

picked up the Fire Emblem amiibo today, waiting for Amazon to put up the final 2 retail exclusive amiibo already
Jawmuncher
(05-19-2017, 01:45 PM)
Is amazon not getting the Fire Emblem amiibo?
RootCause
(05-19-2017, 04:46 PM)

Is amazon not getting the Fire Emblem amiibo?

Doesn't look like it. :(
It's a shame since my BB order got canceled due to authorization failure.
Jawmuncher
(05-19-2017, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by RootCause

Doesn't look like it. :(
It's a shame since my BB order got canceled due to authorization failure.

When did the BOTW amiibo go up on amazon when they first released?
I think i'll give them until the end of the day and see.
silkysmooth
(05-19-2017, 05:08 PM)
Pretty crazy that they didn't put them up yet.

I'm sure they are getting them they are probably just being cautious about not over selling them.
RedBoot
(05-19-2017, 05:18 PM)
Yeah, I'd assume they'll go up at some point today like usual, though they haven't sent out an email about the time like they have in the past for other amiibo. Would be nice if Amazon would get a more consistent setup going if they're going to keep having exclusive amiibo in the future.

Either way, I managed to find Alm/Celica at Target, so I don't have to rely on Amazon now. Wonder if these will be rare like...er...every amiibo release so far this year. Yeah.
RootCause
(05-19-2017, 05:20 PM)

When did the BOTW amiibo go up on amazon when they first released?
I think i'll give them until the end of the day and see.

I know they were up for preorder, and came back in stock on launch day. Not entirely sure of the time, but I think it was between 2-3pm.
Curler
(05-19-2017, 05:52 PM)
Darn Amazon and their silly order timing... Not looking forward to the last 2 Smash ones :/
depward
(05-19-2017, 06:10 PM)
Animal Crossing amiibo bug bit me hard.

Last day for the buy 1 get 2 free promo.

No way to stack online... unless you go for multiple orders and pay that $5 shipping :/

But! If you have a store nearby, you can make multiple orders and zero shipping to store and pick up your lot of orders.
crimnos
(05-19-2017, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by depward

Animal Crossing amiibo bug bit me hard.

Last day for the buy 1 get 2 free promo.

No way to stack online... unless you go for multiple orders and pay that $5 shipping :/

But! If you have a store nearby, you can make multiple orders and zero shipping to store and pick up your lot of orders.

Yep, this was a great offer, managed to pick up the three remaining characters that I cared about and fill out that collection. Of course they arrived in an enormous box with no bubble wrap or padding, but I planned to open them so it wasn't the end of the world, just be cautious.
Jawmuncher
(05-19-2017, 07:06 PM)
Fire Emblem Amiibo up on Amazon

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/865628940185907205
RootCause
(05-19-2017, 07:13 PM)

Woo! Thanks.

I think someone should make a thread on the games discussion board to help out those that don't check this thread often.
metsallica
(05-19-2017, 07:28 PM)
Still nothing on Skyward Sword Link / Corrin - Player 2?
RootCause
(05-19-2017, 07:42 PM)

Originally Posted by metsallica

Still nothing on Skyward Sword Link / Corrin - Player 2?

Nothing yet, its very likely it won't go up until the day of release.
metsallica
(05-19-2017, 08:12 PM)
I can deal with that. Thank you!
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-19-2017, 10:10 PM)

Why isn't the Prime discount applying?
Yarbskoo
(05-19-2017, 11:13 PM)
Man, Amazon is really slacking on amiibo.

Anyway, mine just got here from Best Buy. They've got some nice detail.

Does anyone else's Alm look like he's about to fall over backward? Maybe that's the price of not having a stand.
pete_clarf
(05-20-2017, 12:10 AM)
What is the feeling on the Monster Hunter amiibo coming to US? I was going to draw the line at Japan-only amiibo, but actually saw them in person today and they are pretty awesome. A store here is selling them for $130 total ($19.99 for the four smaller ones and $24.99 for the two bigger ones). That doesn't seem like such a bad price, but if they ever do come out in the US, they would probably be about $5 cheaper than that.
TheSuperSakura
(05-20-2017, 01:12 AM)

Originally Posted by pete_clarf

What is the feeling on the Monster Hunter amiibo coming to US? I was going to draw the line at Japan-only amiibo, but actually saw them in person today and they are pretty awesome. A store here is selling them for $130 total ($19.99 for the four smaller ones and $24.99 for the two bigger ones). That doesn't seem like such a bad price, but if they ever do come out in the US, they would probably be about $5 cheaper than that.

Order them off Amazon, prices are a bit cheaper there. I think they'll come to US alongside the game, but if you're in a hurry to own I'd go Amazon.
spyroflame0487
(05-21-2017, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by pete_clarf

I think they'll definitely come out over here. Monster Hunter has enjoyed pretty good success I think and I bet the game will do good even though it's a spinoff.

Now I dunno if they'd do all of them at once though,it may just be the first few whenever the game comes out and then the rest in the fall or something (It comes out in June sometime doesn't it? Or we don't know yet?)

Picked up FE amiibo even though I didn't buy the game. I have all the other ones now so I figured what the heck, might as well grab them.
TheSuperSakura
(05-21-2017, 04:23 PM)

Originally Posted by spyroflame0487

Picked up FE amiibo even though I didn't buy the game. I have all the other ones now so I figured what the heck, might as well grab them.

I picked them up too, even though I didn't get the game. I plan on getting it eventually though. Celica is so pretty, I really like her amiibo. My Alm amiibo has a really bad bent sword, but I'm trying to not let it bother me that much.
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(05-22-2017, 12:40 AM)
Amazon still isn't giving me the Prime discount for the FE amiibo. Anyone else have this issue?
Monkeylord
(Yesterday, 03:10 PM)
Argos appear to be selling basically all their Amiibo's for 6.99. Not sure how long for.
gameongreggy
(Yesterday, 03:59 PM)
Majoras Mask is back, act quick

https://goo.gl/KD4oSk