• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

yuraya
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:23 PM)
yuraya's Avatar
A part of me wants to download Phantom Dust..but another part of me think its will release on Steam before the end of the year. Really don't want to invest time/money into a f2p game on Win10 store. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

For those of you who have tried it. What exactly are the microtransactions about and what kind of longevity do you think the game will have?
Dangerblade
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
Dangerblade's Avatar
Gotta go fast

Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dangerblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.



Speedrunners -- MB-E0D02EAFC2B99D79 - Taken by lazerfox. 3 entrants total.


Last edited by Stumpokapow; 05-19-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Powered by ModBot 2.0
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(05-19-2017, 06:41 PM)
Grief.exe's Avatar

Originally Posted by yuraya

A part of me wants to download Phantom Dust..but another part of me think its will release on Steam before the end of the year. Really don't want to invest time/money into a f2p game on Win10 store. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

For those of you who have tried it. What exactly are the microtransactions about and what kind of longevity do you think the game will have?

I think the microtransactions are just for people to quickly assemble a deck in the multiplayer mode, nothing more.

I was watching the first look video a couple weeks ago and the developer was discussing how they made several quality of life changes to the multiplayer mode. Any power unlock in single player automatically opens up that power in the multiplayer mode, and any power can be purchased from the multiplayer store at any time. If you wish to skip all of that, you can purchase it from the shop.

Grain of salt since I've never played this game previously and I haven't downloaded the Windows Store version.
Eila
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:54 PM)
Eila's Avatar
So I moved countries and the steam store is still showing the old regional prices. Will I get in trouble if I buy crap like that and do nothing? Not sure what happens next.
Also, did anyone try out Giga Wrecker?
GoldandBlue
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:57 PM)
GoldandBlue's Avatar
Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone!

Man it's good to see Discord doing so well. When I first installed it I didn't really use it much and my friends were still mostly on Skype. But then Skype became a shit show so quickly, each time it updated I felt like I was actively installing walware onto my own PC. Now all my friends are on Discord and I never have to look back at Skype.
FeedMeAStrayCat
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:58 PM)
FeedMeAStrayCat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Large Professor

It took me around 40 hours to reach the throne IIRC.

Oh shit, thanks! That does actually help my confidence, haha :)
Mivey
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:01 PM)
Mivey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Parsnip

All I really need from a keyboard is that it's wireless, it has legs and that it's a full keyboard with that numpad and shit. Once in a blue moon I use the volume controls on the media buttons.

Halp.

I can recommend this one. I guess you have to like the unusual design, but once you get used to it, it's great. The mouse too.

They are no longer produced, but there is a used on on Amazon for just 699.99$ (and 6.99$ for shipping of course).
Ladekabel
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:03 PM)
Ladekabel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

wash your eyes

Eh, apart from the running animations and the terrible battle arenas, it looks alright to me. Liked the city which used the TMS#FE Style. The comments are something else.
Baron von Loathsome
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:04 PM)
Baron von Loathsome's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

Thanks for the Birthday wishes everyone!

Man it's good to see Discord doing so well. When I first installed it I didn't really use it much and my friends were still mostly on Skype. But then Skype became a shit show so quickly, each time it updated I felt like I was actively installing walware onto my own PC. Now all my friends are on Discord and I never have to look back at Skype.

I mostly use it for Rock Band GAF related stuff (no other communities here on GAF I am or have been part of use it to my knowledge), and it's a nice service.
Chance Hale
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:18 PM)
Chance Hale's Avatar
Finish Charlie Murder with meeeee.
NeoRaider
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:27 PM)
NeoRaider's Avatar
Anyone owns Asus VG245HE or Asus VG245H? (Apparently they are the same monitors with different stands).

I want to give my TV to my parents and i just don't want to use 32" TV as my monitor anymore because i am very close to it and have problems with my eyes.

Never had Asus monitor before. But i hear that they are really high quality and good monitors. Should i look at something else in that 200-220$ range?
Lain
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:29 PM)
Lain's Avatar
Went to the SE Collective site and saw this (which has Arthea written all over it, especially that fishing part).


Youtube link to Re:Legend Trailer

Voting for it was already done but I felt like sharing because the trailer looked interesting. Cutesy graphics which I'm sure many here might dislike, but still worth a look imo.

I went there to vote on Kitten Mita, btw. It doesn't look all that good art wise but something about it kinda grabbed me, between the music, some parts of the gameplay and the dark and despair angle shown in the trailer.


Youtube link to Kitten Mita Trailer
Last edited by Lain; 05-19-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Chance Hale
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:49 PM)
Chance Hale's Avatar
I feel like it's way easier to get hopelessly lost in the Surge than in any Souls game. Kind of annoying.
Parsnip
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:08 PM)
Parsnip's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mivey

699.99$

I think I'll pass.
Nyteshade517
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:16 PM)
Nyteshade517's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chance Hale

I feel like it's way easier to get hopelessly lost in the Surge than in any Souls game. Kind of annoying.

yeah...starting with the second area you go to it's really easy to lose your way and not know where you're really supposed to go

I just try and look for any signs pointing to Ops since that should lead you back to safety. Going through the different areas and finding the shortcuts is important since pretty much anything can kill you...sometimes very easily.
ModBot
Not a mod, just a bot.
(05-19-2017, 08:22 PM)
ModBot's Avatar
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dangerblade, who is running this raffle.

Originally Posted by ModBot

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dangerblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.



Speedrunners -- MB-E0D02EAFC2B99D79 - Taken by lazerfox. 3 entrants total.


Last edited by Stumpokapow; 05-19-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Powered by ModBot 2.0
PantsuJo
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:41 PM)
PantsuJo's Avatar
Steam is down for me, Italy here
rrvv
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:41 PM)
rrvv's Avatar

Originally Posted by PantsuJo

Steam is down for me, Italy here

same here. SG
Auraela
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:42 PM)
Yea dead in uk too even mobile screwed
Saucycarpdog
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:42 PM)
Saucycarpdog's Avatar
I guess we're due for an outage anyways.
Roarer
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:46 PM)
Roarer's Avatar
So I just decided to buy PUBG and after finishing my first game, Steam goes down :(

(and I never play online games otherwise)
Golden_Pigeon
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:46 PM)
Golden_Pigeon's Avatar
Steam down :(
Large Professor
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:47 PM)
Large Professor's Avatar
It's a simulation of the first two hours of the summer sale.
QFNS
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:48 PM)
QFNS's Avatar
RIP Steam. Man and I finally had time off to play some more games.
Lain
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:50 PM)
Lain's Avatar
I bet Steam is down for a surprise update.
SSPssp
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:50 PM)
SSPssp's Avatar
Down for me too. Guess Destiny 2 has them shook.
gurm3n
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 08:51 PM)
gurm3n's Avatar

Originally Posted by Large Professor

It's a simulation of the first two hours of the summer sale.

They are so considerate! Letting us grasp a little of the summer sale experience.
Neverforget
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:51 PM)
Neverforget's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

Just hit that big 30 today.

Happy birthday :)
GoldandBlue
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:52 PM)
GoldandBlue's Avatar

Originally Posted by SSPssp

Down for me too. Guess Destiny 2 has them shook.

This is it. The emergency Half Life 3 release.
Stevey
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:53 PM)
Stevey's Avatar
Back up in the UK
SSPssp
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:06 PM)
SSPssp's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

This is it. The emergency Half Life 3 release.

YES! Finally!

Originally Posted by Stevey

Back up in the UK

Noooooooooo
Large Professor
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:11 PM)
Large Professor's Avatar
FYI refunds are super fast again. At least for me. My last two refunds were approved within an hour.

Strikey Sisters looks cool:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=917723948

The game is finished so they just need enough votes on greenlight to be able to release it.
Last edited by Large Professor; 05-19-2017 at 09:17 PM.
AbundantChoice
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:14 PM)
AbundantChoice's Avatar
Tangentially STEAM related, but the "Car Boys" video series from Polygon where Griffin and Nick explore just how broken Beam.NG Drive can get just ended today in the most absolutely amazing way possible. In their attempt to defeat "the blob" they discovered something truly magical.
AHA-Lambda
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:42 PM)
AHA-Lambda's Avatar
Not Steam related I know, but hey it was talked about before, but I've gave Persona 5 about 10ish hours now (passed first palace) and it's not much of my cup of tea =/

I've played just one traditional/old school jrpg before and that was in the ps1 days; it's just not a genre I find interesting in gameplay terms, but I thought to give it a bash cos much of everything else about it did tick my interest.
But yeah I don't like the combat gameplay; I had already somehow found myself underleveled on easy and struggling to progress through the dungeon against the time limit. Put it on the v. easy mode but now the game basically plays itself and it's just a very long drawn out and padded VN.

Well I can trade it in for most of the money back.
I half expect some comments telling me I played it wrong, and yeah I'm sure I have, but I can't say I particularly care now.

EDIT: just to keep it steam related, I just noticed I'm at 666 games owned now :P
Last edited by AHA-Lambda; 05-19-2017 at 09:55 PM.
data
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:43 PM)
data's Avatar
The hell, I just got 5 cards for Endless Space 2 all at once while playing RE4. Is this the new card drop system?

Originally Posted by madjoki

Yeah. It was activated yesterday.

So.. to combat idling they make it so that cards drop for everyone at once when the requirements have been met?
Last edited by data; 05-19-2017 at 09:47 PM.
madjoki
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:44 PM)
madjoki's Avatar

Originally Posted by data

The hell, I just got 5 cards for Endless Space 2 all at once while playing RE4. Is this the new card drop system?

Yeah. It was activated yesterday.

Originally Posted by data

So.. to combat idling they make it so that cards drop for everyone at once when the requirements have been met?

You still need playtime, but it doesn't matter if you play before cards are added, you still get drops. Probably due to delays on cards, because need to fill "confidence" meter that game isn't fake.
Last edited by madjoki; 05-19-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Phawx
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:50 PM)
Phawx's Avatar
Hey ladies and gents,

I seldom have time to post on this here forums and the weekend is almost upon us. I'd like to wish you all a fantastic weekend.

Also Mages of Mystralia is pretty good. I'll give better impressions when I put more time into it.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(05-19-2017, 10:21 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eila

So I moved countries and the steam store is still showing the old regional prices. Will I get in trouble if I buy crap like that and do nothing? Not sure what happens next.
Also, did anyone try out Giga Wrecker?

Yeah, you may get into trouble. You can change your store region when viewing your cart.
Last edited by JaseC; 05-19-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(05-19-2017, 10:22 PM)
Rhaknar's Avatar
oh that not-Ratchet and clank game is only 14.99, and has a 34% launch discount dropping it to 9.90?

thats almost tempting just to see if its a decent clone, I wonder if its super short or something hence the price.

Originally Posted by JaseC

"The game is about 3-7 hours long, depending on your playstyle and experience."

oh... well when your estimte begins with a 3, then yeah its pretty short lol. Humble Monthly it is then.
Last edited by Rhaknar; 05-19-2017 at 10:27 PM.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(05-19-2017, 10:26 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

oh that not-Ratchet and clank game is only 15, and has a 34% launch discount dropping it to 9.90?

thats almost tempting just to see if its a decent clone, I wodner if its super short or something hence the price.

"The game is about 3-7 hours long, depending on your playstyle and experience."
The Flash
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:49 PM)
The Flash's Avatar
Obviously a much more techy question than anything but I'd rather post it here then make a whole thread for it.

Been trying to do another playthrough of DOOM but the game crashes my computer when I die and hit "load last checkpoint". Same thing when I complete a level and hit "save and exit". Sometimes it'll look like it's uninstalled on Steam cause it's greyed out too. Weird. Fans will get really loud too. Am I pushing my system too much perhaps?
Last edited by The Flash; 05-20-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Servizio
I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
(05-19-2017, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by The Flash

Obviously a much more techy question than anything but I'd rather post it here then make a whole thread for it.

Been trying to do another playthrough but the game crashes my computer when I die and hit "load last checkpoint". Same thing when I complete a level and hit "save and exit". Sometimes it'll look like it's uninstalled on Steam cause it's greyed out too. Weird. Fans will get really loud too. Am I pushing my system too much perhaps?

Not sure what game you're playing. If it has a v-sync option you might trying turning that on since you might be playing with an uncapped frame rate, which can really rev up your system. Is it greyed out immediately after you close it, because that might just be it syncing with the cloud?
Lain
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:17 PM)
Lain's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phawx

Hey ladies and gents,

I seldom have time to post on this here forums and the weekend is almost upon us. I'd like to wish you all a fantastic weekend.

Also Mages of Mystralia is pretty good. I'll give better impressions when I put more time into it.

Since NDAs are lifted, I'll say that I kinda agree, I found the game pretty good if a bit too simple up until the last fight (I didn't manage to beat the final boss), with great music, a pleasant art style, cheerful atmosphere and responsive controls.
The magic and spell creating system is interesting. I found out you could create some very interesting spells by facing the last boss and seeing the magic used in that fight, stuff I hadn't thought about.

Also it has a pretty good Italian translation. I had a chance to give a hand by checking it while the kickstarter was ongoing too and the quality and flow left me impressed.
ArjanN
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:41 PM)
ArjanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eila

Also, did anyone try out Giga Wrecker?

It's a pretty decent physics-based puzzle platformer type thing. Also bossfights.
The Flash
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:11 AM)
The Flash's Avatar

Originally Posted by Servizio

Not sure what game you're playing. If it has a v-sync option you might trying turning that on since you might be playing with an uncapped frame rate, which can really rev up your system. Is it greyed out immediately after you close it, because that might just be it syncing with the cloud?

Yeah that might be it. It's DOOM by the way. Don't know how I forgot to mention that in my first post.
Crimsonclaw111
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:32 AM)
Crimsonclaw111's Avatar
I just got this in my email:

Greetings from
Microsoft Studios User Research!



As a valued member of our community, we would love to get your feedback on Halo: The Master Chief Collection! The survey should take about 5 minutes.

Please note that this survey is only open to those ages 13 and over, and must be completed before Friday, May 26th, 2017 at 5:00 PM PDT.


If you would like to participate, click the link below:

I haven't played the game in about two years. What is this?

Cross posted from another thread I made. Is it possible MCC is coming to PC?
A Fish Aficionado
Banned
(05-20-2017, 12:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

oh that not-Ratchet and clank game is only 14.99, and has a 34% launch discount dropping it to 9.90?

Furries need to be stopped.
Nabs
(05-20-2017, 12:37 AM)
Nabs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimsonclaw111

I just got this in my email:

I haven't played the game in about two years. What is this?

Cross posted from another thread I made. Is it possible MCC is coming to PC?

"Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show"
"we'll have a little something at E3 but it's not related to the next major entry in the franchise"
Crimsonclaw111
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:39 AM)
Crimsonclaw111's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

"Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show"
"we'll have a little something at E3 but it's not related to the next major entry in the franchise"

They're also appearing at the PC e3 show. Hmm.
Syphon Filter
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:40 AM)
Syphon Filter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimsonclaw111

They're also appearing at the PC e3 show. Hmm.

How you know? I rather just have the original ports though.

Thread Tools