• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 04:46 AM)
Yaari's Avatar
Right. Might aswell turn em off. Didn't care much for them. I actually wasn't too bothered with my phone performance even when they were on.

Hopefully the game keeps growing. I love the event we just had, and t would be cool if we can be in a guild or something.
My new account is back on Rank 34. Sidewinder already unlocked. I think I started 2 days ago, event has helped a lot.
kiryogi
Banned
(02-29-2016, 04:57 AM)
kiryogi's Avatar
You should stop by the discord! Me and KenjiGlove duoed Ygg magna to see how our performance was. It be great to start raiding with each other. I was running a ton of Magnas this afternoon with GBF international.
KenjiGlove
Member
(02-29-2016, 06:06 AM)
KenjiGlove's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaari

Would Birdman be the best I could go for as a companion with her? Since people said he's key in a Wind based team.

Yes, but don't immediately ticket him before you made a bunch of rolls, who know what you'll get in the future.
Rixa
Member
(02-29-2016, 06:44 AM)
Rixa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaari

Right. Might aswell turn em off. Didn't care much for them. I actually wasn't too bothered with my phone performance even when they were on.

Hopefully the game keeps growing. I love the event we just had, and t would be cool if we can be in a guild or something.
My new account is back on Rank 34. Sidewinder already unlocked. I think I started 2 days ago, event has helped a lot.

Care to toss me a FR?
Do you plan to play only that new account, I mean shall I kick the old away?
Ryoukai
Junior Member
(02-29-2016, 07:07 AM)
Ryoukai's Avatar
New news regarding the event and the upcoming gacha. Both ssr characters are fire, lots of fire love! This confirms that the next event will be wind.
superseohyun
Member
(02-29-2016, 07:14 AM)
superseohyun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryoukai

New news regarding the event and the upcoming gacha. Both ssr characters are fire, lots of fire love! This confirms that the next event will be wind.

there is no fire love because the magna weapons are total shit. ;p
kiryogi
Banned
(02-29-2016, 07:18 AM)
kiryogi's Avatar

Originally Posted by superseohyun

there is no fire love because the magna weapons are total shit. ;p

Staves are pretty good!
Saprol
Member
(02-29-2016, 07:48 AM)
Saprol's Avatar

Originally Posted by kiryogi

Staves are pretty good!

Staves as a weapon type have the lowest average attack. Not a lot of solid offensive units / jobs that make use of it. We don't get an alternate magna weapon either.

Code:

Weapon        Attack   Skills
------------------------------
Tia Gun       2445     Atk Up 1 / Backwater 1
Ygg Sword     2270     Atk Up 2
Levi Dagger   2155     Atk Up 2
Tia Fist      2130     Atk Up 2
Colo Staff    1960     Atk Up 2
Ygg Staff     1945     Atk Up 1 / HP Up 1
kiryogi
Banned
(02-29-2016, 07:57 AM)
kiryogi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saprol

Staves as a weapon type have the lowest average attack. Not a lot of solid offensive units / jobs that make use of it. We don't get an alternate magna weapon either.

Code:

Weapon        Attack   Skills
------------------------------
Tia Gun       2445     Atk Up 1 / Backwater 1
Levi Dagger   2155     Atk Up 2
Ygg Sword     2270     Atk Up 2
Tia Fist      2130     Atk Up 2
Colo Staff    1960     Atk Up 2
Ygg Staff     1945     Atk Up 1 / HP Up 1

That's what Magisa is for! . . . I was leaning towards spending my 5k silver tokens on another stave to 1S it especially for the upcoming Idol event, but now youre making me wonder. XD
Ryoukai
Junior Member
(02-29-2016, 08:14 AM)
Ryoukai's Avatar

Originally Posted by kiryogi

That's what Magisa is for! . . . I was leaning towards spending my 5k silver tokens on another stave to 1S it especially for the upcoming Idol event, but now youre making me wonder. XD

Well... To get a decent fire weapon pool in the first place is the staff since there's no other SSR attack magna weapons for fire. There is another way which is using character and charatherless fire weapons but that requires whaling.
chrono01
Member
(02-29-2016, 08:23 AM)
chrono01's Avatar
I'm more than likely sticking with my Bahamut account, but I'm still re-rolling for fun. I'm up to 100+ rolls and not a single Catarina/Rosetta. I did just get a double SSR account though (Zeta + Serueru).
Azusa
Member
(02-29-2016, 08:24 AM)
Azusa's Avatar
KenjiGlove you should add to OT that this mobage is ideal for NEET.

When you used all your AP refresh pots you can join any number of coop rooms and farm 1/2 AP pots. They drop often enough. It doesn't cost anything to join a coop room.
Grind 24/7 nonstop.
bonkeng
Member
(02-29-2016, 08:29 AM)
bonkeng's Avatar
Is this already available on global? Can't find on my play store :(
Saprol
Member
(02-29-2016, 08:33 AM)
Saprol's Avatar
no

Originally Posted by KenjiGlove

Unfortunately,the game is only available in the Japanese language as of now. A translation has been announced and is scheduled to be released in March. Players all over the world will share the same servers according to Cygames' statement.

Do note that Cygames hasn't shared much information about the English version, because of that all of the above should be taken with a grain of salt.

bonkeng
Member
(02-29-2016, 08:35 AM)
bonkeng's Avatar
How are you guys playing the game? Can't find even the Japanese game on playstore.
Azusa
Member
(02-29-2016, 08:38 AM)
Azusa's Avatar

Originally Posted by bonkeng

How are you guys playing the game? Can't find even the Japanese game on playstore.

there is a jp app or you can just open in mobile browser gbf.game-a5.mbga.jp its the same.
kiryogi
Banned
(02-29-2016, 08:41 AM)
kiryogi's Avatar
You can also just run it on Chrome via developer mode or directly with the Chrome App from the store. Most of us if not all play it on PC

Chrome App:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lcolfilbkckngf
KenjiGlove
Member
(02-29-2016, 09:40 AM)
KenjiGlove's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azusa

KenjiGlove you should add to OT that this mobage is ideal for NEET.

When you used all your AP refresh pots you can join any number of coop rooms and farm 1/2 AP pots. They drop often enough. It doesn't cost anything to join a coop room.
Grind 24/7 nonstop.

Oh yeah, added something about Co-op to stamina part of the "Is it pay2win" section.

How would a NEET whale for their girls though :^)
Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 10:22 AM)
Yaari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rixa

Care to toss me a FR?
Do you plan to play only that new account, I mean shall I kick the old away?

Sure, but I don't know how to do that though.

Originally Posted by kiryogi

You should stop by the discord! Me and KenjiGlove duoed Ygg magna to see how our performance was. It be great to start raiding with each other. I was running a ton of Magnas this afternoon with GBF international.

I'd like to join. Although now that we're back to the regular BP cost, raiding doesn't seem all that fun anymore haha. I'm spoiled by having had half of my playtime filled with 1/2 BP.

Originally Posted by KenjiGlove

Yes, but don't immediately ticket him before you made a bunch of rolls, who know what you'll get in the future.

I guess, but my ticket becomes available on Saturday, so I have to do a lot of waiting for the next opportunity to do rolls at Legend Fest, as it just happened.
Rixa
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:15 AM)
Rixa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaari

Sure, but I don't know how to do that though.
I guess, but my ticket becomes available on Saturday, so I have to do a lot of waiting for the next opportunity to do rolls at Legend Fest, as it just happened.

What is your ign?
I was wondering how the ticket pops. But then remembered, you made that account about 1 month ago :D.
Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:32 AM)
Yaari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rixa

What is your ign?
I was wondering how the ticket pops. But then remembered, you made that account about 1 month ago :D.

Ah right. ID is 8899300

Does anyone know the name of the Poker variant in the game. I want to read up on some tips. I could probably make more profit if I read into it a little bit.
aitakute
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:38 AM)
aitakute's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaari

Ah right. ID is 8899300

Does anyone know the name of the Poker variant in the game. I want to read up on some tips. I could probably make more profit if I read into it a little bit.

I made 24 millions medals in 4 days. I can give you what ever tips you want
Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:40 AM)
Yaari's Avatar
Okay cool. I'm basically wondering what you do if you get a One Pair. Do you hold any other cards then, or just roll with the single pair given?

And then, at what point do you go high or low. Do you cash out at a certain number. I mean, I'm guessing you follow some constant strategy and not mix things up constantly when you get something around 8~10 right?

24mil is just crazy. Did you get a good card combination or something to make that much? Just wow. Awesome. Best I'm getting is 50k, with a lot of luck.
aitakute
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:47 AM)
aitakute's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaari

Okay cool. I'm basically wondering what you do if you get a One Pair. Do you hold any other cards then, or just roll with the single pair given?

And then, at what point do you go high or low. Do you cash out at a certain number. I mean, I'm guessing you follow some constant strategy and not mix things up constantly when you get something around 8~10 right?

24mil is just crazy. Did you get a good card combination or something to make that much? Just wow. Awesome. Best I'm getting is 50k, with a lot of luck.

One pair doesn't give you anything. The game just continue like you lost. Always go for high if it's 2->8 and low for 9->A. The thing is, don't stop. Either go for maximum win or go home. I've gotten royal straight flush for a few times but that's it. Trick when picking your cards is that you always keep the joker. The priority is Pair > flush > straight
Uthred
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:48 AM)
Uthred's Avatar
Those new units look cool, love the broken bottle version of that SR
Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:51 AM)
Yaari's Avatar

Originally Posted by aitakute

One pair doesn't give you anything. The game just continue like you lost. Always go for high if it's 2->8 and low for 9->A. The thing is, don't stop. Either go for maximum win or go home. I've gotten royal straight flush for a few times but that's it. Trick when picking your cards is that you always keep the joker. The priority is Pair > flush > straight

Got it. Yeah. I put a lot of hours in but never once encountered a royal straight flush. Thanks for the tips. I'm going to go use them, see if I'll get better results.
KenjiGlove
Member
(02-29-2016, 12:08 PM)
KenjiGlove's Avatar
Anyone has a good idea for a guild name?

Currently we have

- Gafcypher
- Gafblue
- GAFantasy

Note: GAF doesn't have to be in it. Some other name is also allowed as long as it's cool.

I'll run a poll after we got some names.
Rixa
Member
(02-29-2016, 01:16 PM)
Rixa's Avatar
GAFantasy (if its free).

@Yaari throwed friend request to you.
garath
Member
(02-29-2016, 01:31 PM)
garath's Avatar
Man. They need to hurry up with the English release. I can tell the game is fun and has lots to do but being hampered by the language barrier makes it very difficult.

I've got the game running on my phone and on my PC. Been doing a few of the intital campaign quests. I guess I'm in the process of unlocking a SR character. Pulling pieces off a picture to reveal it.

I still don't know how to set subs, change items or level anything. I'm going to have to do more digging tonight.
Uthred
Member
(02-29-2016, 01:36 PM)
Uthred's Avatar
So how does the new event work? I thought I'd selected the blonde haired character but the character selection popped up again and I selected the purple haired girl, but neither appear in party selection. (And whats the weird pink orb in the rewards for?)
cybercircuit1
Member
(02-29-2016, 01:53 PM)
cybercircuit1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

So how does the new event work? I thought I'd selected the blonde haired character but the character selection popped up again and I selected the purple haired girl, but neither appear in party selection. (And whats the weird pink orb in the rewards for?)

The girls are summons, you need to put them in your summon pool to get their links to 100% through battles. Once you 100% one you get the next one, and once all are done you get the SSR summon of the idol group.

edit: pink orb looks to be a summon exp material, probably a step higher than the sr angel cherub things. Just my guess, as it has the same marking as the other fodder.
raven777
Member
(02-29-2016, 01:55 PM)
raven777's Avatar
the new event summon girls are cute!
theMrCravens
Member
(02-29-2016, 05:22 PM)
theMrCravens's Avatar
8 months of GBF, and I'm still baffled how people can almost 2 shot Extreme bosses, while I can only dent it.
It feels like I'll never come close to that kind of damage.
KenjiGlove
Member
(02-29-2016, 05:59 PM)
KenjiGlove's Avatar
GAFCypher is up!

Just give me your ID and I'll try to invite you, I'm not really used to all the guild settings just yet but I'll do my best to learn everything!

We'll use this Discord chat to talk with eachother, if you're just lurking this thread you can also reach me via Discord, I hope to see you soon!

I hope everyone will have a good time, let's qualify for a Guild Wars!
garath
Member
(02-29-2016, 07:13 PM)
garath's Avatar
So the weapon screen is a bit confusing. I previously had the SSR whip from my ferry summon as the main weapon but I switched job classes and did auto optimize with the first option and now I have a N sword as the main weapon and my attack is actually higher now. So what's going on? Does only the main character equip a weapon? Does each party member? How do I change weapons for party members if each gets their own?
Saprol
Member
(02-29-2016, 08:29 PM)
Saprol's Avatar

Originally Posted by garath

So the weapon screen is a bit confusing. I previously had the SSR whip from my ferry summon as the main weapon but I switched job classes and did auto optimize with the first option and now I have a N sword as the main weapon and my attack is actually higher now. So what's going on? Does only the main character equip a weapon? Does each party member? How do I change weapons for party members if each gets their own?

Classes are only allowed to wield their favoured weapons in the main slot. Your whole party uses the stats and passives of the entire pool
garath
Member
(02-29-2016, 09:02 PM)
garath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saprol

Classes are only allowed to wield their favoured weapons in the main slot. Your whole party uses the stats and passives of the entire pool

Ok. I think I'm getting it. So all the weapons are the pool and supplement the team's damage and hp. The main weapon might have some additional benefits like skills and such?

I started enhancing some of my R weapons and saw an improvement in my teams attack strength.

Getting it slowly but surely. Damn I wish this was in English lol.
Saprol
Member
(02-29-2016, 09:08 PM)
Saprol's Avatar

Originally Posted by garath

Ok. I think I'm getting it. So all the weapons are the pool and supplement the team's damage and hp. The main weapon might have some additional benefits like skills and such?

I started enhancing some of my R weapons and saw an improvement in my teams attack strength.

Getting it slowly but surely. Damn I wish this was in English lol.

You use the mystery ability of the main weapon when your gauge is 100% and activate the big orange button.

Summons are the other way around in that you only get the active+passive of the main/friend summons and only actives of the sub summons.
Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 09:52 PM)
Yaari's Avatar
Nice that we got a guild! ID is 8899300
KenjiGlove
Member
(02-29-2016, 10:04 PM)
KenjiGlove's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaari

Nice that we got a guild! ID is 8899300

Accepted you.

Also join the Discord!
Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 10:18 PM)
Yaari's Avatar
Ah right, I will.

Also, I might need a bit of help. I clicked on "Guild" in "Menu". I now see a button of what I think is Search Guild, and another one that asks me something about "Fate Episode".
qin
Junior Member
(02-29-2016, 10:22 PM)
How do we join the guild? ID: 9340261

Also the guide mentions the twitter campaign to fill ap/bp but I can't get it to work. Was able to enter a pin, but when I try to send a message it throws error: 226 and no ap/bp.
KenjiGlove
Member
(02-29-2016, 10:37 PM)
KenjiGlove's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaari

Ah right, I will.

Also, I might need a bit of help. I clicked on "Guild" in "Menu". I now see a button of what I think is Search Guild, and another one that asks me something about "Fate Episode".

Originally Posted by qin

How do we join the guild? ID: 9340261

It should be in your messages or something
Yaari
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:07 PM)
Yaari's Avatar
Sorry, can't find anything. I'm probably doing something wrong. If anyone finds out lemme know.
qin
Junior Member
(02-29-2016, 11:20 PM)
Found the invite in messages, it should say GAFCypher in the title.
superseohyun
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:35 PM)
superseohyun's Avatar
dakkumauji
Member
(02-29-2016, 11:45 PM)
dakkumauji's Avatar
gosh, that's quick
is the event that easily doable or has it been endless grinding for the past 12 hours?
muu
Member
(03-01-2016, 12:24 AM)
I played for a hour or so during my AT this morning and got through at least a couple of them. Any decently leveled player should be able to get the stones in no time. Event SSR itself is pretty worthless for anyone w/ Fuujin/Raijin sword or is planning on turning Sevenstar sword into wind.
aitakute
Member
(03-01-2016, 12:40 AM)
aitakute's Avatar

Originally Posted by dakkumauji

gosh, that's quick
is the event that easily doable or has it been endless grinding for the past 12 hours?

One battle solo and you can max point of one idol
Azusa
Member
(03-01-2016, 10:04 AM)
Azusa's Avatar
My current guild trying to get into GW.


Thread Tools