• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Roboleon
Banned
(05-13-2016, 11:39 PM)
I'm proud to have finished the main game before OT3 went up
KHlover
Banned
(05-13-2016, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by laxu

Man the bigass weapons in this game really suck. Wanted to try the Dragonslayer Greataxe so I farmed the 3 winged knights until I got my strength to 40. Alas, I've been spoiled by the Dark Sword and none of the big weapons do as much damage per second and since you can't usually tank a single hit in this game they're not that fun.

I really wonder where they went wrong considering in Bloodborne you could find every weapon useful if you learrned to play with it.

Dunno, with 40 STR, DEX, CON and VIG Greatsword +10 just tears through every enemy I encounter in NG+ like tissue paper. It's indeed slower, but it's so satisfying to throw enemies to the ground with a charged R2 and then pancake them with the charged R2 follow up. 40 VIG also allow you to take a few hits.

Also works really well against bosses, with the exception of the Ancient Wyvern - DAMN YOU JUMP ATTACK, JUST HIT ;-; I've one-shotted most bosses so far, even those that I needed to summon help for in NG.
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(05-13-2016, 11:48 PM)
Morrigan Stark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Luap

Bleed builds also seem to work very well against her.

And that crappy wiki says she's resistant to bleed, lol. Yeah right.
DarkHeartedKill
Member
(05-13-2016, 11:54 PM)
DarkHeartedKill's Avatar
I think I jinxed myself...I can't get the covenant item Pale tongues to drop from the dickwraiths. Funny enough I've gotten over 15 dark sword lol
silva1991
Member
(05-14-2016, 12:33 AM)
silva1991's Avatar
Ancient wyvern got stuck far and I can't kill it with a plunging attack

From games and their fucking AI problems
DarkHeartedKill
Member
(05-14-2016, 12:39 AM)
DarkHeartedKill's Avatar
Kay so while I was grinding for Pale tounges I got summoned for Abyss watchers. Me and my host killed the Abyss Watcher moments before another watcher spawned, and the second phase went down even quicker lol
kagamin
Member
(05-14-2016, 12:58 AM)

Originally Posted by silva1991

Ancient wyvern got stuck far and I can't kill it with a plunging attack

From games and their fucking AI problems

That boss just fell off the side of the arena for me.
TitusTroy
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:07 AM)
TitusTroy's Avatar

Originally Posted by laxu

Man the bigass weapons in this game really suck. Wanted to try the Dragonslayer Greataxe so I farmed the 3 winged knights until I got my strength to 40. Alas, I've been spoiled by the Dark Sword and none of the big weapons do as much damage per second and since you can't usually tank a single hit in this game they're not that fun.

I really wonder where they went wrong considering in Bloodborne you could find every weapon useful if you learrned to play with it.

the Dark Sword has excellent damage per second but the Ultra Greatswords have that knock down move which is handy in a tough fight...the Zweihander R2 pushes the enemy away and throws them to the ground...I think the other GS weapons do something similar...lots of enemies just swing through the Dark Sword damage
hydrophilic attack
(05-14-2016, 01:11 AM)
hydrophilic attack's Avatar
PSN is finally working for me again. What better way to celebrate than to beat a 4 people gank squad with a fellow invader :D
Hikami
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:22 AM)
I thought I was done with this game after I got all the achievements.. started up a new character anyways to play around with pyromancy. Can't escape the souls.
Sarcasm
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:23 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
So re-spec doesn't break NPC, has this been confirmed?
brawly
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:34 AM)
brawly's Avatar
The princes (boss spoiler) are just straight up bullshit.

edit: lol and now I just beat them while being hollow. Typical.
Skii
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:44 AM)
Skii's Avatar
This feels very end game now.

I've just progressed through the Archives. Brilliant area. This is how the Duke's Archives should've been. There are plenty of shortcuts and the verticality on this level is great.

The only problem is that this play session was absolutely marred with constant freezes. I don't know what happened. I restarted the PC but it keeps persisting. I don't really know how I negotiated this area so well with all those freezes. There were plenty of tough enemies to face.

Anyway, I defeated those 3 fat winged knights and got another Titanite Slab! That's pretty sweet. I proceeded up those stairs and the boss room screams final boss to me. It's a shame that this is the end. I'm at 33 hours but I never expected DS3 to be shorter than BB for me haha. I'll face whatever boss it is tomorrow. Assuming it's Prince Lothric.

Because I assume this is the final boss, I need some help with the endings because I'm really confused lol.

I have these black eyes of a firekeeper which I know affects the ending. Do I give them to the Firekeeper now? Apparently that activates two mutually exclusive endings.

But if I don't give the eyes at all to the firekeeper, do I get different ending?

I know there's a hidden ending which I most likely haven't reached the requirements for. It must be the true ending and I'll do that on my second run.


Anyway, some non-spoiler clarity on how to get the endings would be much appreciated :D

Btw, I healed the Dark Sigil as I knew it was hollowing me. I dunno if that has affected anything at all
Dahbomb
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:46 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
Alright someone tell me how to get these Covenant items specifically the ones needed for the Platinum. I completed the Sunlight Medal one but I can't seem to get summoned by the other ones.
SDR-UK
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:51 AM)
SDR-UK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

Alright someone tell me how to get these Covenant items specifically the ones needed for the Platinum. I completed the Sunlight Medal one but I can't seem to get summoned by the other ones.

Farm the Silver Knights for Proofs, farm the Ghru for Wolfblade Grass and invade/get summoned as a Mound Maker for shackles.
Dahbomb
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:56 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
So I don't need to complete Way of Blue/Sentinel and Aldrich?

I think MM covenant I can do but the other two seem like a lot of grinding.
Arjen
Banned
(05-14-2016, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Skii

This feels very end game now.

I've just progressed through the Archives. Brilliant area. This is how the Duke's Archives should've been. There are plenty of shortcuts and the verticality on this level is great.

Yeah it's amazing, I think it's my favorite area in the game.
DarkHeartedKill
Member
(05-14-2016, 01:59 AM)
DarkHeartedKill's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skii


The only problem is that this play session was absolutely marred with constant freezes. I don't know what happened. I restarted the PC but it keeps persisting. I don't really know how I negotiated this area so well with all those freezes. There were plenty of tough enemies to face.

There was a mini-patch yesterday and now everyone is experiencing stuttering and freezing. Every patch this stuttering gets worse :(

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

Alright someone tell me how to get these Covenant items specifically the ones needed for the Platinum. I completed the Sunlight Medal one but I can't seem to get summoned by the other ones.

On top of the ones mentioned, Dickwraiths drop Pale Tounges and the Deacons drop Human Dregs
SDR-UK
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:00 AM)
SDR-UK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

So I don't need to complete Way of Blue/Sentinel and Aldrich?

I think MM covenant I can do but the other two seem like a lot of grinding.

Aldrich you only need the first tier, if I remember correctly.
Dahbomb
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:11 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
Can we co-op using MM covenant and get the shackles by killing the boss with the host?
SDR-UK
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:13 AM)
SDR-UK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

Can we co-op using MM covenant and get the shackles by killing the boss with the host?

No. You have to defeat either the summons or a host to get a shackle.
kagamin
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

Can we co-op using MM covenant and get the shackles by killing the boss with the host?

Yea you can't, when the host enters the boss fog you get kicked from the session like any other invader.
burgerdog
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:23 AM)
burgerdog's Avatar
Getting the invading medals was some of the most fun I've had in the game. I liked it so much that I did not coop for even one sunbro medal, I just invaded people for those, too.
Dahbomb
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:23 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
I guess this is where the real Dark Souls begins...
DarkHeartedKill
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:27 AM)
DarkHeartedKill's Avatar

Originally Posted by burgerdog

Getting the invading medals was some of the most fun I've had in the game. I liked it so much that I did not coop for even one sunbro medal, I just invaded people for those, too.

I decided to farm for some of em. I suck at PvP so while I got a few for putting my invasion sign down it took a long time to get summoned and many times I just died.

I'll PvP normally after I finish all achievements :p
Hikami
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by DarkHeartedKill

There was a mini-patch yesterday and now everyone is experiencing stuttering and freezing. Every patch this stuttering gets worse :(

Oh, so it's not just me then.. was wondering why the stuttering was so bad :I
burgerdog
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:37 AM)
burgerdog's Avatar
So Kay and ENB both completely do not realize that you can use the start menu belt for useful but not worth having on your quick belt bar.
Vena
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:38 AM)
Vena's Avatar

Originally Posted by burgerdog

So Kay and ENB both completely do not realize that you can use the start menu belt for useful but not worth having on your quick belt bar.

I find that bar to be more useful than the quickbar...
Arjen
Banned
(05-14-2016, 02:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Vena

I find that bar to be more useful than the quickbar...

I use it for homeward bones, red eye orb and soap stones. It's a great feature that they used from bloodborne.
Sarcasm
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:49 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
Spent like 2 hours cooping. Summoned 16 times, got 10 sunbro medals. Mainly because netcode sucks.

The 6 I didn't get were mainly because it wouldn't let me past the fog gate even though I watched him go in, can even get hit by the boss.

Two of my wins the boss did nothing and it looked life no damage was being done. Then bam dead! The just wasn't lagging either and neither of us took damage.
burgerdog
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:50 AM)
burgerdog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arjen

I use it for homeward bones, red eye orb and soap stones. It's a great feature that they used from bloodborne.

Yup, I have binocs, red eye orb, homeward bone, and red/white soapstone.
SunBroDave
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:52 AM)
SunBroDave's Avatar
Dark Archdragon Peak??? Is that a NG+ thing or a bug introduced by the new patch?

kagamin
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Wask

Dark Archdragon Peak??? Is that a NG+ thing or a bug introduced by the new patch?

Looks like a bug to me.
brawly
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:55 AM)
brawly's Avatar
I'm currently dishing out 608 dps one handed normal attack with the Profaned Greatsword +5.

The GOAT for me.
burgerdog
Member
(05-14-2016, 02:57 AM)
burgerdog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wask

Dark Archdragon Peak??? Is that a NG+ thing or a bug introduced by the new patch?

It's a bug, my world was like that yesterday and it was it was normal when I was invading and joining their world.
zma1013
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:00 AM)
zma1013's Avatar
Is there any headpiece for a sorcerer other than the crown of dusk?
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(05-14-2016, 03:01 AM)
Morrigan Stark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arjen

I use it for homeward bones, red eye orb and soap stones. It's a great feature that they used from bloodborne.

Yup same. Glad they kept that.
DarkHeartedKill
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:02 AM)
DarkHeartedKill's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

Spent like 2 hours cooping. Summoned 16 times, got 10 sunbro medals. Mainly because netcode sucks.

The 6 I didn't get were mainly because it wouldn't let me past the fog gate even though I watched him go in, can even get hit by the boss.

Two of my wins the boss did nothing and it looked life no damage was being done. Then bam dead! The just wasn't lagging either and neither of us took damage.

Have you ever been summoned and had the host slide around, and the boss slid around too and didn't ever attack?

But I've been summoned many times where we'd whack the boss and the health would go down then back up immediately
Syder
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:04 AM)
Syder's Avatar
What's the best way to get summoned as a Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon? It's still only ever happened to me once. Wish there was a blue eye orb or something.
TitusTroy
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:04 AM)
TitusTroy's Avatar
what do you need to do to get the Master of Infusion achievement?...infuse weapons with all the available gems?...how many gems are there?...can I infuse the gems on different weapons?
Sarcasm
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:05 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkHeartedKill

Have you ever been summoned and had the host slide around, and the boss slid around too and didn't ever attack?

But I've been summoned many times where we'd whack the boss and the health would go down then back up immediately

That is my second comment, exactly what happened. Except the host did not do much sliding. Very little compared to the boss. Keep whacking you win eventually lol.
silva1991
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:07 AM)
silva1991's Avatar

Originally Posted by kagamin

That boss just fell off the side of the arena for me.

At least that will kill it for you :P

I actually had to come down and lure it to fix it's position and almost died because of that >.>

Originally Posted by Syder

What's the best way to get summoned as a Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon? It's still only ever happened to me once. Wish there was a blue eye orb or something.

if only :(
Yaboosh
Super Sleuth
(05-14-2016, 03:09 AM)
Yaboosh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syder

What's the best way to get summoned as a Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon? It's still only ever happened to me once. Wish there was a blue eye orb or something.


I actually just finished getting the 30 proof of concepts and only one dropped from an enemy. I didn't do anything special though. I'm on PC if that makes a difference. I just equipped the darkmoon covenant and would get summoned a few times a session.
kagamin
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Syder

What's the best way to get summoned as a Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon? It's still only ever happened to me once. Wish there was a blue eye orb or something.

On my list of "what I really miss from Dark Souls 2".
Syder
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:14 AM)
Syder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaboosh

I actually just finished getting the 30 proof of concepts and only one dropped from an enemy. I didn't do anything special though. I'm on PC if that makes a difference. I just equipped the darkmoon covenant and would get summoned a few times a session.

Originally Posted by kagamin

On my list of "what I really miss from Dark Souls 2".

I wish the white sign soapstone would work for Blues like it does for Mound-Makers. Hosts see your sign appear blue but it only appears if there's already an invader in their world.
onionfrog
Member
(05-14-2016, 03:17 AM)
onionfrog's Avatar
I made a sunbro character.
Is there a list somewhere of recommended character and weapon levels you should be at to help people co-op each boss?
DarkHeartedKill
Member
(05-14-2016, 04:00 AM)
DarkHeartedKill's Avatar

Originally Posted by onionfrog

I made a sunbro character.
Is there a list somewhere of recommended character and weapon levels you should be at to help people co-op each boss?

I don't think so. If you're 110-130 everywhere is good since NG & NG+ aren't separate. I think Aldrich is good for around 60 and Lothric is good if you're in the 80s.
silva1991
Member
(05-14-2016, 04:01 AM)
silva1991's Avatar
I got summoned as a darkmoon finally and ended up getting mound maker item instead. awesome
JerkShep
Member
(05-14-2016, 04:11 AM)
JerkShep's Avatar
I've beaten Pontiff on my SL1 run. Damn that felt good, especially since I nailed a couple of parries in the first phase. Here is the video of the fight if someone's interested.

Dancer Phase 2 is still a work in progress though :(
DoubleTake
Member
(05-14-2016, 04:14 AM)
DoubleTake's Avatar
Who said heavy builds werent viable in PVP? My heavy Eygon of Carim build is absolutely wrecking people. lol No one knows how to deal with a player that actually uses a shield hahah

Thread Tools