• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Archgan
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:59 AM)
Archgan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Disgraced

i wish la noire was the daily one

Are you blaspheming Yakuzi?
Magnet_Man
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:37 AM)
Magnet_Man's Avatar
Woolie: Ace Detective.
Frimaire
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:39 AM)
Frimaire's Avatar

.
Imperfected
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:10 AM)
Woolie's the kind of cop who doesn't rush to judgment, even when he has the murder weapon, an eye-witness account, and a signed form letter from the murderer talking about how much they love murdering the specific victim in particular on the night of the murder, with the murder weapon.
Gestahl
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:11 AM)
Something about that knife...seemed a little off to me

Can't quite put my bloody finger on it...
Imperfected
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:20 AM)
It wasn't until 1960 that Macey's introduced their first line of revolutionary "cleanable" knives, allowing housewives everywhere to stop hurling them into alleys after cooking every meal.
Magnet_Man
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:49 PM)
Magnet_Man's Avatar
Oh my god, these Five Billionaires are low-key One Piece badguys or something.
MrHoot
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:25 PM)
MrHoot's Avatar
"Sex first, then child later"

As far a matt quotes go, that one is PRETTY STRONG
Strimei
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:09 AM)
Strimei's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrHoot

"Sex first, then child later"

As far a matt quotes go, that one is PRETTY STRONG

Hah, yes.

Also speaking of the kid, I can't wait to see their reactions to his side quest.

Stealth porno buying!
KRaZyAmmo
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:32 AM)
KRaZyAmmo's Avatar
Just posted on the FB

Originally Posted by Billy

I dun goof. Forgot today was Friday. Lemme try to fix this ASAP. Very Very Very sorry -Billy

FlowersisBritish
fleurs n'est pas britannique
(05-20-2017, 02:41 AM)
FlowersisBritish's Avatar

Originally Posted by KRaZyAmmo

Just posted on the FB

Oh no. No Friday night fistibumps or wahtaver? I am so heartbroken. So very very.... yeah
Fancolors
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:48 AM)
Fancolors's Avatar
I miss Saltybets. It doesn't have them awkwardly trying to figure out the controls for 30 minutes
FlowersisBritish
fleurs n'est pas britannique
(05-20-2017, 02:49 AM)
FlowersisBritish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fancolors

I miss Saltybets. It doesn't have them awkwardly trying to figure out the controls for 30 minutes

Same. We're due for one. It's been too long.
KRaZyAmmo
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:31 AM)
KRaZyAmmo's Avatar
Friday Night Fisticuffs - Injustice 2
Xux
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:41 AM)
Xux's Avatar
Woolie's reaction to the armor stuff is pretty on point. No Nightwing or Shazam pretty much killed my hype for this game. Probably the worst part about Injustice 2 is that Injustice is canon.
Imperfected
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:03 AM)
Eh... when's Marvel?
SENPAIatLARGE
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:39 AM)
SENPAIatLARGE's Avatar
The fisticuffs was annoying because of how uniformed everyone was going in. Like it opens with Woolie complaining about gear being unbalanced in tournaments when ranked exists. Not knowing basic mechanics they teach you in the tutorial. It's clear it got no attention from Woolie because it didn't have a capcom logo attached. I hope they revisit it again or at least do story mode because they did a huge disservice to the game.
Fat4all
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:42 AM)
Fat4all's Avatar
it is a very pretty game
Imperfected
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:49 AM)
Also, Vinny, if you're out there:

I had actually seen your channel about a thousand times while browsing Twitch and never stopped in since I, uh, actually did assume it was somehow related to Vine. So, uh, you got at least one viewer out of your Podcast turn, good job.
NoblesseOblige
Member
(05-20-2017, 06:22 AM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar
Did they literally boot Injustice 2 for the first time when making this recording? It takes over 10% the video before the first hit is landed.

Edit: Do none of them know Dex-Starr's name? I don't even read comics and I know it.
Last edited by NoblesseOblige; 05-20-2017 at 06:37 AM.
@MUWANdo
Member
(05-20-2017, 07:24 AM)

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

Did they literally boot Injustice 2 for the first time when making this recording?

That's true of a lot of their Fisticuffs/Scrublords content.
Imperfected
Member
(05-20-2017, 07:41 AM)

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

Edit: Do none of them know Dex-Starr's name? I don't even read comics and I know it.

No? Why would anyone know that? Why do you know that? How did you ever get it in your head that's a part of the cultural zeitgeist?
NoblesseOblige
Member
(05-20-2017, 07:45 AM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imperfected

No? Why would anyone know that? Why do you know that? How did you ever get it in your head that's a part of the cultural zeitgeist?

Is that you Woolie? And Matt is supposed to be a comic buff.
Imperfected
Member
(05-20-2017, 07:49 AM)

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

Is that you Woolie? And Matt is supposed to be a comic buff.

Of course I'm not Woolie. And if I was, I wouldn't tell you, because I would be a liar and a pie-thief.
Nordicus
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:43 AM)
Nordicus's Avatar
Fucking Kelso.

When during an inspection your officer tells you to clean your rifle, you take your cleaning kit out and fucking do it. You don't throw a hissy fit and get your whole team in trouble.

Despite all his talk about of going to where the real fight is, as a rifleman you're going to have to show some teamwork, with your equals and superiors, and Kelso's teamwork is SHITE!

Goddamn little snowflake
Imperfected
Member
(05-20-2017, 10:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Nordicus

Fucking Kelso.

When during an inspection your officer tells you to clean your rifle, you take your cleaning kit out and fucking do it. You don't throw a hissy fit and get your whole team in trouble.

Despite all his talk about of going to where the real fight is, as a rifleman you're going to have to show some teamwork, with your equals and superiors, and Kelso's teamwork is SHITE!

Goddamn little snowflake

Hey, at least as an enlisted man he won't have to deal with asshole drill instructors making completely arbitrary demands of him. Hahaha.

Real talk, though, in that situation it really doesn't matter what you say. The reason that bore is "dirty" is because the DI has decided before he even walked in there that your platoon is getting fucked up. Part of boot is learning that shit happens and not beating yourself or your teammates up about it, and to teach that the DIs will quite literally make shit up to punish you for if they have to. (They usually don't, of course, because someone usually did something.)
Nordicus
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:13 AM)
Nordicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imperfected

Hey, at least as an enlisted man he won't have to deal with asshole drill instructors making completely arbitrary demands of him. Hahaha.

Real talk, though, in that situation it really doesn't matter what you say. The reason that bore is "dirty" is because the DI has decided before he even walked in there that your platoon is getting fucked up. Part of boot is learning that shit happens and not beating yourself or your teammates up about it, and to teach that the DIs will quite literally make shit up to punish you for if they have to. (They usually don't, of course, because someone usually did something.)

Obviously times are different and there's always differences between armies, but that DI did not seem that he was going to do much more than turn the inspection into more than 15-30 minutes of additional circus if nobody immediately started talking back in the same disrespectful tone Kelso did.

Shit, for weekend inspection that was pretty fucking lax.
Fat4all
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:15 AM)
Fat4all's Avatar
he'll inspect his boot up your ass
Nordicus
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:17 AM)
Nordicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fat4all

he'll inspect his boot up your ass

And make you shine that boot right after.
Anung
Un Rama
(05-20-2017, 02:34 PM)
Anung's Avatar
55 minutes of them playing injustice seems like a special kind of hell.
Matsukaze
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:55 PM)
Matsukaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anung

55 minutes of them playing injustice seems like a special kind of hell.

Ironically, this is the first Fisticuffs I've been interested in for months and months.
Imperfected
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Anung

55 minutes of them playing injustice seems like a special kind of hell.

They mostly just go through the motions, ie pick two new characters every match and throw "gimme" supers at each other to see them without putting any real effort into playing properly or winning.

Kind of a nice change of pace since NRS's rather blatant streaming push of the last week has left me flooded with an eyerolling amount of mediocre Injustice 2 content. I mean, I don't doubt it can become a competitive game, but it's also obvious that no one playing it right now has actually gotten good enough for competition in it to be worth watching.
Glitchesarecool
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:09 PM)
Glitchesarecool's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xux

Woolie's reaction to the armor stuff is pretty on point. No Nightwing or Shazam pretty much killed my hype for this game. Probably the worst part about Injustice 2 is that Injustice is canon.

The worst part about it is how bad the story is. Also how many good characters just die for no real reason other than satisfying Wonder Woman's bloodlust which she has just because she wants the Super D.

On the other hand it's really great that they keep getting the 90s animated voice actors on board for the games because they're the best performances those characters ever had in media.

Originally Posted by Imperfected

Kind of a nice change of pace since NRS's rather blatant streaming push of the last week has left me flooded with an eyerolling amount of mediocre Injustice 2 content. I mean, I don't doubt it can become a competitive game, but it's also obvious that no one playing it right now has actually gotten good enough for competition in it to be worth watching.

Flash is still broken, that's all you really need to know.
explodet
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:14 PM)
explodet's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

Is that you Woolie? And Matt is supposed to be a comic buff.

Matt seems more like a Marvel kind of guy (Punisher, Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen, etc). And of course, the stupid ages of late 90s comics.

I always felt you need to be a certain kind of comic fan to get into Green Lantern stories, but that's just me. Matt's knowledge of DC stuff might as well be limited to the movies and Pat's Luthor-esque rants about how much he hates Superman.

Originally Posted by Glitchesarecool

On the other hand it's really great that they keep getting the 90s animated voice actors on board for the games because they're the best performances those characters ever had in media.

I still go back to watch episodes from Batman the Animated Series to Justice League Unlimited. It's SO GOOD.
Village
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:19 PM)
Village's Avatar
I don't think matt knows too much bout marvel either. That's fine, you don't have to be deep in like me or comics explained dude to do comic content .

The issue is when they try to like explain things, or " why is black canairy here or Fire storm " not knowing DC is pushing both of those characters right now. Or woolie saying that damian wayne is catwomans son, and not knowing that they huntress being batmans daughter was Crisis-ed out of continuity decades ago.

I don't mind people not knowing about comics, I watch max and his friends and outside of simmons and occasionally kenny's weird off and on again knowledge of comics filling in simmons blanks, they don't know alot and I don't expect them to.

Its just that matt and woolie try to be comic guru's and know jackus shitus that's annoying.

Originally Posted by explodet


I always felt you need to be a certain kind of comic fan to get into Green Lantern stories, but that's just me.

I dissagree, green lantern has generally been an extremely popular character over DC's publication history, barring that time hal went evil and murdered everyone. They have several books going on right now, have always generally done well and with the invention of the other lantern cores in the early 2000's bolstered their popularity several times fold. They are basically color coded power ranger space cops, and you don't need much for say a kid to get into that.

Modern interpretations have gotten a bit strange though, like jon steward and Senestro's daughter basically saying " you how about we work together you dad was a dick" " Ok sure" and now the yelllow and green lanterns work together.

But yeah, outside of like the occasional " guardians fucked up again" situation with universal lore, its pretty simple. Space cops, color coded space cops with a specific attribute.
Last edited by Village; 05-20-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Village
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:29 PM)
Village's Avatar
wwoops
joe2187
owns a house that doesn't even have piss-covered floors.
(05-20-2017, 05:18 PM)
joe2187's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nordicus

Fucking Kelso.

When during an inspection your officer tells you to clean your rifle, you take your cleaning kit out and fucking do it. You don't throw a hissy fit and get your whole team in trouble.

Despite all his talk about of going to where the real fight is, as a rifleman you're going to have to show some teamwork, with your equals and superiors, and Kelso's teamwork is SHITE!

Goddamn little snowflake

Kelso has way more integrity and personality in that one minute of dialogue than the entirety of Phelps in the whole game.

Phelps is an interesting choice for a video game protag since he's such an unlikeable bastard from beginning to end.
Nordicus
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:32 PM)
Nordicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by joe2187

Kelso has way more integrity and personality in that one minute of dialogue than the entirety of Phelps in the whole game.

Hey, at no point did I say that Cole isn't a pissy douche gloryhog.

And, watching the rest of the flashbacks in advance, yes, Kelso learns to harness his righteous indignation into proper direction, but in the beginning he is pointlessly whiny like the protag of Zone of Enders 1
FlowersisBritish
fleurs n'est pas britannique
(05-20-2017, 05:33 PM)
FlowersisBritish's Avatar

Originally Posted by joe2187

Phelps is an interesting choice for a video game protag since he's such an unlikeable bastard from beginning to end.

I was thinking that too. I feel vad for Kelso because Kelso is obviously being singled out in large part because Phelps does not like him. Phelps is like that rat faced kid from Recess(the cartoon) always following the evil teacher around. It certainly explains why he asks people if they like fucking kids.
Exodust
Member
(05-20-2017, 06:04 PM)
Exodust's Avatar

Originally Posted by Village

I dissagree, green lantern has generally been an extremely popular character over DC's publication history, barring that time hal went evil and murdered everyone.

I like Green Lantern stuff, too. But man do I love Hal turning heel and killing everybody. The image with him menacingly smiling while having all the rings is my favorite art of him.
Village
Member
(05-20-2017, 06:13 PM)
Village's Avatar

Originally Posted by Exodust

I like Green Lantern stuff, too. But man do I love Hal turning heel and killing everybody. The image with him menacingly smiling while having all the rings is my favorite art of him.

Not a fan of that, but I'm a fan of what it spawed.

The multiple lantern cores
Xux
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:03 PM)
Xux's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glitchesarecool

The worst part about it is how bad the story is. Also how many good characters just die for no real reason other than satisfying Wonder Woman's bloodlust which she has just because she wants the Super D.

On the other hand it's really great that they keep getting the 90s animated voice actors on board for the games because they're the best performances those characters ever had in media.



Flash is still broken, that's all you really need to know.

Ugh, character deaths. Maybe I'll skip this one.
Fat4all
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:21 PM)
Fat4all's Avatar
"I'm trying to buy childs porns, I mean wha-wha-whah...?!?"
StrawberryJam
Member
(05-21-2017, 01:28 AM)
StrawberryJam's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlowersisBritish

I was thinking that too. I feel vad for Kelso because Kelso is obviously being singled out in large part because Phelps does not like him. Phelps is like that rat faced kid from Recess(the cartoon) always following the evil teacher around. It certainly explains why he asks people if they like fucking kids.

Phelps is such a dickhead. He's not even sleazy or corrupt, he's just a boring shit. Kelso would have been a much better main character, or the guy from vice.
Strimei
Member
(05-21-2017, 01:54 AM)
Strimei's Avatar
I actually really enjoyed the Injustice 2 FNF. Based on comments here and elsewhere I was expecting the worse but it seems like a good time overall.
Imperfected
Member
(05-21-2017, 02:28 AM)
For better or for worse, Phelps is supposed to be an unlikable twat, it's not an accident. There's a plot point in the game later that literally only exists to make the player like him less and make him seem like a worse person in a general sense.

It's a pretty interesting narrative choice.
Fat4all
Member
(05-21-2017, 02:31 AM)
Fat4all's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imperfected

For better or for worse, Phelps is supposed to be an unlikable twat, it's not an accident. There's a plot point in the game later that literally only exists to make the player like him less and make him seem like a worse person in a general sense.

It's a pretty interesting narrative choice.

I remember some people not liking the direction the game went in from that point til the ending, but I thought it was an interesting take on a main character.
aly
Member
(05-21-2017, 02:47 AM)
aly's Avatar
That Injustice 2 video had me pulling my hair with its wrongness on comic book lore. The game is actually pretty great though despite me not liking some story choices and some roster choices ( RIP Nightwing). I wish they played or understood more about the game before making the video.
Last edited by aly; 05-21-2017 at 02:50 AM.
joe2187
owns a house that doesn't even have piss-covered floors.
(05-21-2017, 02:49 AM)
joe2187's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imperfected

For better or for worse, Phelps is supposed to be an unlikable twat, it's not an accident. There's a plot point in the game later that literally only exists to make the player like him less and make him seem like a worse person in a general sense.

It's a pretty interesting narrative choice.

Well it follows typical "Noire" narrative.

In any typical Noire story your main character isn't supposed to be happy, is heavily troubled and or burdened, burnt out, disgraced or just a plain ol piece of shit. Phelps is the foil to what the typical MC of a Noire story plays against...which would be Kelso.

So you're playing as the straight laced, "Other Guy" to Kelso who would be your old fashioned "Hero" in a Noire story.
Imperfected
Member
(05-21-2017, 02:55 AM)

Originally Posted by joe2187

Well it follows typical "Noire" narrative.

In any typical Noire story your main character isn't supposed to be happy, is heavily troubled and or burdened, burnt out, disgraced or just a plain ol piece of shit. Phelps is the foil to what the typical MC of a Noire story plays against...which would be Kelso.

So you're playing as the straight laced, "Other Guy" to Kelso who would be your old fashioned "Hero" in a Noire story.

Yeah. The one thing you have to give to Bondi is that they didn't dumb their story down for mass consumption. I'm sure they were under a ton of pressure to do so (given the enormous project overruns and everything), but they stuck to their guns and released a game that (as Fat4all pointed out above) was probably outside the comfort zone of a lot of their audience.

Most studios, that probably would have gotten focus grouped straight out of existence.

Thread Tools