• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Hitman on Xbox One X: The Complete Tech Analysis

f@luS

More than a member.
IVe double dipped on so many game already. Need to not buy this again. It looked really good enough on PS4 pro so I’ll stick with that one. But really X is a beast

ganaconda

So another game running on Xbox One X with 125% more pixels than on PS4 Pro. Pretty insane and far above expectations when you consider the GPU is only 44% more powerful in pure teraflops.
I'd be curious for a developer to explain whether this is memory bandwidth related or a result of additional hardware and/or software optimizations available on the X to eliminate bottlenecks.

mad597

Banned
So another game running on Xbox One X with 125% more pixels than on PS4 Pro. Pretty insane and far above expectations when you consider the GPU is only 44% more powerful in pure teraflops.
I'd be curious for a developer to explain whether this is memory bandwidth related or a result of additional hardware and/or software optimizations available on the X to eliminate bottlenecks.

People mocked MS when they made videos and explained how they fine tuned the Xbox One X based on hundred of hours of evaluations of pretty much every game and game engine put out this gen. They literally designed the hardware around the software and fixed all the bottle necks they came across in the hardware.

This is why the Xbox X delivers results much higher than the on paper 40% GPU advantage. 12GB ram, much faster memory bandwidth and the fine tuning they did is pretty incredible.

I hope they are able to do something similar for next gen

solis74

People mocked MS when they made videos and explained how they fine tuned the Xbox One X based on hundred of hours of evaluations of pretty much every game and game engine put out this gen. They literally designed the hardware around the software and fixed all the bottle necks they came across in the hardware.

This is why the Xbox X delivers results much higher than the on paper 40% GPU advantage. 12GB ram, much faster memory bandwidth and the fine tuning they did is pretty incredible.

I hope they are able to do something similar for next gen

this is how all consoles should made and thought about going forward.

Neo_Geo

Banned
10 to 20 fps difference is huge, especially when you consider it's running at higher settings. I honestly didn't expect it to be that much stronger. Happy to be proven wrong. Good job MS.

It is huge, but not a good thing that the frame rate is variable. IE 25-30 has better motion and playability than say 30-50 fluctuating on a fixed refresh rate display.

30-50 would seem like the game is speeding up and slowing down, with wild variations in framepacing severely affecting input lag.

This is all speculation on my part, not sure how this game presents and handles such a. shitty choice

It's not salt, it's a change of narrative. I bet if you check the history of some of the members posting here, you would see in 2013 it was all about the "games". I am curious about it.
The funny thing is the first 2 holidays of PS4 didn't have huge exclusive lineups, it was XB1 that had quite a few more exclusives by the second year. But everybody was too busy telling their friends PS4 was the place to be because it played the best versions of multiplats.....I was here, lurking, and everybody ignored the quality exclusives argument in favor of future potential argument.

pixelbox

The funny thing is the first 2 holidays of PS4 didn't have huge exclusive lineups, it was XB1 that had quite a few more exclusives by the second year. But everybody was too busy telling their friends PS4 was the place to be because it played the best versions of multiplats.....I was here, lurking, and everybody ignored the quality exclusives argument in favor of future potential argument.
Come now! We all saw what Sony did last generation and the fans of the platform eagerly awaited either a sequel to the exclusives or new IP's. There have been many complaints about the early exclusives and was a narrative of PS4 having no games. Google it. Besides, I think most of the anger towards MS console was how badly it was stuck in last generation. Game's that were still 720p almost 10 years later...

meirl

Banned

Agreed. It’s due to marketing. Brainwashed fanboys do everything to defend „their“ console

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Shame the Pro version doesn't have more options, a Capped 30fps version like the X1 with extra bells on would be nice, instead of a uncapped and capped with no difference @1440p
Seems the Pro support was pretty basic in comparison.
Maybe they'll update it or maybe not.

Journey

Banned
Why did someone have to do it?

Because!

wXMO8cj.jpg

Top Bottom