• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-28-2015, 09:34 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Looks like TheGoddamn is in the Philippines, so probably won't see his post for a few more hours at least.

Haly's usually online now, though...
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-28-2015, 10:03 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Also, I just want to let you all know that I will be on vacation all next week, starting this Friday night. I'll still have access to my phone so I should be able to provide all of the updates and whatnot, but on the off chance I cannot, please PM one of the other game-runners or tutors and they will be able to help out.
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:16 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar
You clearly have no choice but to mod-kill Haly for the good of the people.
squidyj
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:17 PM)
squidyj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

You clearly have no choice but to mod-kill Haly for the good of the people.

The Greater Good
El Topo
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:27 PM)
El Topo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

You clearly have no choice but to mod-kill Haly for the good of the people.

We'll also have to desecrate his corps...because...eh...for the greater good.
roytheone
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:38 PM)
roytheone's Avatar
Okay, can someone fill me in on why I should hate Haly? I mean, I don't know the guy and what he did, but I already hate him. Telling me what he did could make me hate him even more!
El Topo
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:41 PM)
El Topo's Avatar

Originally Posted by roytheone

Okay, can someone fill me in on why I should hate Haly? I mean, I don't know the guy and what he did, but I already hate him. Telling me what he did could make me hate him even more!

He talked bad about you. Also said a few other mean things.

Originally Posted by Haly

That roytheone is a total loser. He showers maybe once a week and eats his own boogers.

Originally Posted by Haly

Does anyone else just love torturing kittens?

Originally Posted by Haly

Trump is my kind of candidate.

Palmer_v1
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:46 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by roytheone

Okay, can someone fill me in on why I should hate Haly? I mean, I don't know the guy and what he did, but I already hate him. Telling me what he did could make me hate him even more!

Originally Posted by Haly

Portal was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Originally Posted by Haly

Say what you will, but Hitler-Clone had some good ideas


etc.
RetroMG
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:48 PM)
RetroMG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

Metal Gear Solid V is going to suck.

Originally Posted by Haly

Retro is just awful.

Originally Posted by Haly

The King's Quest series is overrated.

.
roytheone
Member
(07-28-2015, 10:59 PM)
roytheone's Avatar
Ah, I get it. Judging from those totally real, not fabricated at all posts haly is an irredeemable piece of human trash that should be set on fire, but because that isn't legal we will have to make do with the next best thing: getting him killed in this Mafia game as soon as possible.

But how did he know my precise shower schedule? Is......is he watching me????
Crab
Famed for his Europa Universalis IV exploits
(07-28-2015, 11:02 PM)
Crab's Avatar
Palmer is just trying to distract you from the fact he should be first to die.
roytheone
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:09 PM)
roytheone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crab

Palmer is just trying to distract you from the fact he should be first to die.

Oh trust me, I haven't forgotten the fact that I lost the ONUW game because he changed his vote in the last possible second >:(
QuantumBro
Banned
(07-28-2015, 11:12 PM)
QuantumBro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crab

Palmer is just trying to distract you from the fact he should be first to die.

Statistically speaking myself, Palmer, or El Topo are the most likely ones to be a mafia member.
Crab
Famed for his Europa Universalis IV exploits
(07-28-2015, 11:14 PM)
Crab's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumBro

Statistically speaking myself, Palmer, or El Topo are the most likely ones to be a mafia member.

Roles are assigned randomly, though.
squidyj
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:22 PM)
squidyj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

etc.

wow palmer, throwing your support base under the bus? that's bold.
QuantumBro
Banned
(07-28-2015, 11:23 PM)
QuantumBro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crab

Roles are assigned randomly, though.

Eventually everybody's got to be Mafia.
Mazre
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:26 PM)
Mazre's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

You clearly have no choice but to mod-kill Haly for the good of the people.

Everyone fires a shot into the corpse so they can't determine who the murderer was, and remember smiley face.
Crab
Famed for his Europa Universalis IV exploits
(07-28-2015, 11:27 PM)
Crab's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumBro

Eventually everybody's got to be Mafia.


Don't go to Vegas.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-28-2015, 11:27 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumBro

Statistically speaking myself, Palmer, or El Topo are the most likely ones to be a mafia member.

Originally Posted by Crab

Roles are assigned randomly, though.

Blame random.org or god
RetroMG
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:28 PM)
RetroMG's Avatar

Originally Posted by roytheone

Oh trust me, I haven't forgotten the fact that I lost the ONUW game because he changed his vote in the last possible second >:(

I feel like it is now my job to generate whole new grudges between seasons.

I'm okay with this.

I should probably go post in the thread for the game I'm playing now.
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:29 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumBro

Statistically speaking myself, Palmer, or El Topo are the most likely ones to be a mafia member.

Gambler's fallacy!? I've lost too many games of resistance to that. I completely trust Jenny cause there's no way she got dealt a Spy card 4 games in a row!

Edit: Beaten by Crab

Double Edit: Honestly, I far prefer being town anyway. I came very close to throwing in the towel a few times last game.
squidyj
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:31 PM)
squidyj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crab


Don't go to Vegas.

over a series of events the probability of at least one event having a specific outcome where the individual probability of said outcome is nonzero approaches one as the number of events increases.
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:32 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidyj

over an infinite series of events the probability of at least one event having a specific outcome where the individual probability of said outcome is nonzero approaches one.

Maybe you ARE a good accountant
El Topo
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:34 PM)
El Topo's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidyj

over an infinite series of events the probability of at least one event having a specific outcome where the individual probability of said outcome is nonzero approaches one.

Emphasis on infinite.
Crab
Famed for his Europa Universalis IV exploits
(07-28-2015, 11:35 PM)
Crab's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidyj

over a series of events the probability of at least one event having a specific outcome where the individual probability of said outcome is nonzero approaches one as the number of events increases.

This is true, but at any given point in the series the probability of any given outcome is the same as it was at any other point. By your argument above, I should lynch Palmer_v1 every game because over time the chance I will be right at least once approaches one, rather than that I should lynch Palmer_v1 this game because it is more probable than not he is mafia.
squidyj
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:39 PM)
squidyj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Maybe you ARE a good accountant

They call me 'El Contador'.

Originally Posted by Crab

This is true, but at any given point in the series the probability of any given outcome is the same as it was at any other point. By your argument above, I should lynch Palmer_v1 every game because over time the chance I will be right at least once approaches one, rather than that I should lynch Palmer_v1 this game because it is more probable than not he is mafia.

You should lynch palmer because he's a genetic clone of adolph hitler, also palmer. I don't think the statement in and of itself is the gambler's fallacy, you just can't use it to say WHEN someone is mafia.
Mazre
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:42 PM)
Mazre's Avatar
Oh....almost forgot? Noticed there was no specific mentions of voting ties in the rules, don't think we had a listed rule in the AC game although we all knew that a tie resulted in a no lynch. May be something to update. Also just to clarify we are not using karkadorian algebra, correct?
squidyj
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:44 PM)
squidyj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mazre

Oh....almost forgot? Noticed there was no specific mentions of voting ties in the rules, don't think we had a listed rule in the AC game although we all knew that a tie resulted in a no lynch. May be something to update. Also just to clarify we are not using karkadorian algebra, correct?

They taught a class of school-children karkadorian algebra as an experiment. Only one survived.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-28-2015, 11:44 PM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mazre

Oh....almost forgot? Noticed there was no specific mentions of voting ties in the rules, don't think we had a listed rule in the AC game although we all knew that a tie resulted in a no lynch. May be something to update. Also just to clarify we are not using karkadorian algebra, correct?

I'll update that.

As for Karkadorian algebra...hmm...
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:48 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar
You guys ready? I'm ready!

El Topo
Member
(07-28-2015, 11:50 PM)
El Topo's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidyj

They taught a class of school-children karkadorian algebra as an experiment. Only one survived.

I know you're joking, but you wouldn't believe how incredibly heated discussions about mathematics (or rather teaching mathematics) used to be (at conferences). I remember reading (although likely fake) that some math teachers (I think in France) actually killed themselves in the 70s over the drastic changes in teaching mathematics.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(07-28-2015, 11:56 PM)
Haly's Avatar
Volunteer

Boom.

Mindgames.

I see Palmer's smear campaign has already begun.

Of course you know this means war.
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-29-2015, 12:03 AM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

[highlight]Volunteer[/highlight

Boom.

Mindgames.

I see Palmer's smear campaign has already begun.

Of course you know this means war.

Oh hi buddy!
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 12:07 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Yay! 1 more!
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-29-2015, 12:09 AM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

Yay! 1 more!

Just need TheGoddamnBatman
Kevyt
Member
(07-29-2015, 01:03 AM)
Kevyt's Avatar
Let the mind games begin

squidyj
Member
(07-29-2015, 01:43 AM)
squidyj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

Volunteer

Boom.

Mindgames.

I see Palmer's smear campaign has already begun.

Of course you know this means war.

how do you feel that one of palmer's criticisms against you was that you supported a hitler-clone when he himself is a hitler clone?
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 01:56 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Fight nice, children
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-29-2015, 02:10 AM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidyj

how do you feel that one of palmer's criticisms against you was that you supported a hitler-clone when he himself is a hitler clone?

#NotAllHitlerClones
TheGoddamn
Member
(07-29-2015, 02:23 AM)
Should I wear the black turtleneck, or the slightly darker black?
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 02:24 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Yayyyyyyyy

Tactileneck!

All right, let me finish my dinner and I'll start sending out Role PMs.

Again, the game won't start until ONUW2 is over, so maybe...Saturday?
Palmer_v1
Member
(07-29-2015, 02:26 AM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

Yayyyyyyyy

Tactileneck!

All right, let me finish my dinner and I'll start sending out Role PMs.

Again, the game won't start until ONUW2 is over, so maybe...Saturday?

I request Tuesday for entirely selfish reasons.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 02:26 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

I request Tuesday for entirely selfish reasons.

Lol. Well we will see. Depends on that game, and even then, the day phase is 4 days long.
squidyj
Member
(07-29-2015, 02:28 AM)
squidyj's Avatar
not until onuw2 is over!?!?!? :(
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 02:30 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidyj

not until onuw2 is over!?!?!? :(

I don't want players having to play both games at once. Maybe Retro can speed it up, but we'll see how it goes.

Both roytheone and Seath are playing.
Arkos
Nose how to spell and rede to
(07-29-2015, 02:40 AM)
I put some nice clothes and a hat on for this
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 02:42 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Sending these all out on mobile sucks
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 03:09 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
All right!

All roles have been sent out! Get to plotting on your own - I'll give a heads up if we end up starting early. I'm leaning towards Monday, since weekends are typically slow in these parts.

Let me know if you have any questions.
GreatLord Tiger
Member
(07-29-2015, 03:10 AM)
GreatLord Tiger's Avatar
All right ready to go
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(07-29-2015, 03:14 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Also, if we start on Monday, that makes the Night Phase occur on weekends, which I think is preferable.


Thread Tools