• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Saphirax

All Vita owners, I'd urge you not to dismiss next week's Utawarerumono Mask of Deception. I know we're getting lots of Vita releases lately, but this one is shaping up to be my favorite Vita game in 2017 so far. Not to mention Atlus USA Vita releases get pretty rare very quick, so I wouldn't sleep on it.

Waiting for mine to arrive! Although I went with the ps4 version.

Still need to finish the anime.

Saphirax

Traitor. Also, how are you enjoying the anime? I liked it so much, I binge watched it.

I've only seen 5 episodes so far and things are just beginning to pick up. I did enjoy what little I watched though. It being a slow burn (at least at the start) is refreshing - I expected the anime to be rushed seeing how it was adapted from a game.

jzbluz

All Vita owners, I'd urge you not to dismiss next week's Utawarerumono Mask of Deception. I know we're getting lots of Vita releases lately, but this one is shaping up to be my favorite Vita game in 2017 so far. Not to mention Atlus USA Vita releases get pretty rare very quick, so I wouldn't sleep on it.

I forgot this was coming out, but I should still receive my copy on Tuesday. Is the anime truly necessary for the first game?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Waiting for mine to arrive! Although I went with the ps4 version.

Still need to finish the anime.

This goes for yourself and others, most def finish the first anime series. Which was based on the game that never made it to the West.

Also DO NOT watch the newer anime of Mask of Deception due to the fact it will ruin the overall experience with the game due to diluting the story among other things. Though it is ok to watch the anime after beating the game, just to see how things are different.

I forgot this was coming out, but I should still receive my copy on Tuesday. Is the anime truly necessary for the first game?

Overall yes. Mask of Deception not as much as Mask of Truth though. It greatly helps the overall experience if you know who the previous characters are. You would appreciate the game much more with the backstory from the first series.

My impatience grows ever stronger.

I do hope my import Vita copy arrives promptly (I needed that artbook).

Zhao_Yun

I am playing the first VN right now in order to refresh my memories of the story (I only watched the anime 11 years ago) and the characters are as charming as I remembered them. Wasn't sure whether I wanted to buy the game Day 1, but I caved and put in a order at VGP yesterday.

Gonna place my order for this one tomorrow, purely on the basis of me assuming that it'll be difficult to find down the line. I'm doing that with a lot of Vita games these days, though.

Jimrpg

Are there any reviews for this out there yet? Just buy it blind?

It was on my radar but I have other games on my priority list.

This goes for yourself and others, most def finish the first anime series. Which was based on the game that never made it to the West.

Also DO NOT watch the newer anime of Mask of Deception due to the fact it will ruin the overall experience with the game due to diluting the story among other things. Though it is ok to watch the anime after beating the game, just to see how things are different

Thanks for this - much appreciated.

Saphirax

Also DO NOT watch the newer anime of Mask of Deception due to the fact it will ruin the overall experience with the game due to diluting the story among other things. Though it is ok to watch the anime after beating the game, just to see how things are different.

Overall yes. Mask of Deception not as much as Mask of Truth though. It greatly helps the overall experience if you know who the previous characters are. You would appreciate the game much more with the backstory from the first series.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'll be doing. No intention of ever watching the newer anime though, would just ruin the whole thing :p.

Gonna place my order for this one tomorrow, purely on the basis of me assuming that it'll be difficult to find down the line. I'm doing that with a lot of Vita games these days, though.

That and the fact that it's published by Deep Silver. You never know when or if they'll bother getting more stock, but one thing is certain - the game will be sold out a few days/immediately after release.

Jimrpg

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'll be doing. No intention of ever watching the newer anime though, would just ruin the whole thing :p.

That and the fact that it's published by Deep Silver. You never know when or if they'll bother getting more stock, but one thing is certain - the game will be sold out a few days/immediately after release.

welp, just sold out at the retailer near me. they had about 10 copies in.

Zhao_Yun

Uta2 vita is digital only in Europe so stock shortages won't happen this time :p

Parakeetman

Its not as bad if you played the game first. Since at least you can see characters you are familiar with fully animated. While its not bad its not great either. Still worth watching after one finishes the game just because.

- 1 AKIBA'S BEAT ACQUIRE CORPORATION PQUBE PQUBE
- 2 HAKUOKI: KYOTO WINDS OTOMATE IDEA FACTORY IDEA FACTORY
- 3 OPERATION BABEL: NEW TOKYO LEGACY EXPERIENCE INC. NIS AMERICA NIS AMERICA

Y'all letting me down, UK gamers.

Started watching the anime series yesterday. My Vita copy is already on his way. Can't wait to play it. I really love those VN/SRPG hybrids like Tears to Tiara 2 and luckily it's from the same team.

edit: Takao has just shared that it seems Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory will be getting a physical release in Asia after all:

https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcoent.asia/posts/1055238861274890

After Accel World's 180, it wouldnt' surprise me.

Woah, amazing!

Ekid

I am playing the first VN right now in order to refresh my memories of the story (I only watched the anime 11 years ago) and the characters are as charming as I remembered them. Wasn't sure whether I wanted to buy the game Day 1, but I caved and put in a order at VGP yesterday.

I finished it a few weeks ago. It took me a while to understand that the battles being very fast was just the game having some compatibility problems as it can be the case with old game.
I had to install CheatEngine to fix it.

Can't wait tomorrow, I'm usually not buying digital games on release since they tend to go on sales very fast but I'm definitely making an exception with this one.

I would have pre-ordered Operation Babel but Fire Emblem came out a few days ago, sorry Kresnik :D

I'm down for God Wars: Future Past next month and Ys in September though, I don't think my Vita feels that hard done by...

I mean, I bought Hakuouki, but I'd have expected both it & Operation Babel to be higher than Akiba's Beat :(

Must admit, I did cancel my Op Babel pre-order due to money worries, might order it now though. I'm not letting this setback stop me getting Demon Gaze 2 the west.

Literally forgot when the game came out. So new game for my Vita tomorrow. I just really want Atlus to at least localize DT 2-2.

Is Utawarerumono a sequel to the anime that was released years ago, or is it something new?

https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcoent.asia/posts/1055238861274890

Huh. Guess they changed their minds.

Edit: Missed your edit, Kresnik :p.

Shit that's awesome, might decide to double dip. The original had cross save right?

Literally forgot when the game came out. So new game for my Vita tomorrow. I just really want Atlus to at least localize DT 2-2.

Is Utawarerumono a sequel to the anime that was released years ago, or is it something new?
It's a full sequel to the visual novel and anime that were released a while back, yeah!
So if you've played it or watched it you'll be good to jump into the sequel.

Shizuka

It's a sequel to the very first anime, which in itself is an adaptation of the first game.

It's a full sequel to the visual novel and anime that were released a while back, yeah!
So if you've played it or watched it you'll be good to jump into the sequel.

It's a sequel to the very first anime, which in itself is an adaptation of the first game.

Thanks. I watched it awhile ago. While I don't remember everything perfectly, I don't think I'll be able to catch the series again. I have the main gist so that should be fine.

maouvin

The original had cross save right?

Yes - if you had the same dlcs for both versions. As usual, really.

But the issue here was the pre-order/launch week bonus, which couldn't be acquired elsewhere. If you got one version at launch, installed those DLCs, and later on got the other version without the bonuses, cross-save wouldn't work.

Parakeetman

Shit that's awesome, might decide to double dip. The original had cross save right?

Its a sequel to what was originally an eroge on the PC, then made its way to the PS2 minus the adult content. After that was ported to the PSP.

Years later fans finally got the continuation to the story which are these 2 titles that came out on the current gen consoles.

---

OT for Utawarerumono is up.

UHSr10c.jpg

Could be the start of something very exciting
for my memory card

Could be the start of something very exciting
for my memory card

I hope they do Grim Fandango soon as that'd help with my memory card as well! Quite a good get as well, hopefully they do all the Double Fine releases (even if I'm not much of a point and click fan, I found both Grim Fandango and DoTT to be too hard for my poor brain!)

Jimrpg

Ok I ordered and paid for Utawarerumono and hopefully get it before my 2 week trip on May 31st. Got it through Heavy Arm and they said they're getting stock in 26-27th so its going to be real tight. I'm in Malaysia so it should only take a couple of days but delivery is real flaky around here.

I really should have ordered it from Impulse, they had it a week ago but sold out yesterday. Sigh!

Chaos;Child is up for pre-order at Amazon.de:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B072BXBY2B/

30. Juni 2017 - probably a placeholder.

They also have Rabi-Ribi, but only the PS4 version for now:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B071J1K7TR/

4. August 2017

C;C had a placeholder up Ozgameshop, but they took it down. 30th June is awfully close for release and there's been no news at all about it.

Picked up another 2 Vita titles today. JB Hifi in Australia was doing a clear out sale. World of Final Fantasy and Uncharted for $10 each. Already played through Uncharted on PS Plus but its one of those quality Vita titles that really show off the system (as long as you get far enough into the game).

Top Bottom